The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greenburg now working for NBC Sports

2 posters

Go down

Greenburg now working for NBC Sports Empty Greenburg now working for NBC Sports

Post  Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Ross Greenburg, the former head of HBO Sports, has resurfaced as a producer of sports documentaries for NBC Sports, according to the Associated Press. Greenburg had grown weary of dealing with boxing promoters and managers and left the network in July. He founded Ross Greenburg Productions earlier this year following a career at HBO that spanned 33 years and 51 Emmy Awards. He will now work for the NBC Sports Group, producing documentaries for the new NBC Sports Network, Golf Channel, the NHL, and NBC.

As part of his duties, Greenburg will produce a monthly interview show for Bob Costas, called “Costas Tonight” that will debut on Thursday nights in the spring of 2012 on the NBC Sports Network. He will also partner with the NHL to produce original content for the NBC Network.

“I am thrilled to be a part of the NBC Sports Group family and to develop compelling and entertaining programming with this great team of programmers and production personnel led by my friend and former colleague Mark Lazarus,” Greenburg said in a statement. “I am also very excited to be reunited with Bob Costas, and to showcase his extraordinary skills as a broadcaster and journalist.”

His first documentary for the NBC Sports Group, “Cold War on Ice: Summit Series ’72,” will air on Jan. 2, the same day the cable channel Versus, will change its name to the NBC Sports Network, according to the AP. The documentary tells the story of the hockey series that took place in 1972 between a team of Canadian NHL all-stars and the Soviet Union national team during the apex of the Cold War.

http://www.boxingscene.com/hbos-greenburg-lands-on-his-feet-now-nbc-sports--45901

Back to top Go down

Greenburg now working for NBC Sports Empty Re: Greenburg now working for NBC Sports

Post  Gumby Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:33 pm

I know people are probably going to be quick to rip him apart, but it doesn't sound like they're asking him to do live programming and HBO's sports docs have been top notch. Could be a good fit.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Greenburg now working for NBC Sports Empty Re: Greenburg now working for NBC Sports

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:27 pm

In his first order of business, Greenburg will outbid himself producing documentaries.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down