The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things keep getting worse for Greenburg

3 posters

Go down

Things keep getting worse for Greenburg Empty Things keep getting worse for Greenburg

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:25 am

Poor guy actually does the right thing and buys a fight between two young undefeated Americans and it disappoints.

Back to top Go down

Things keep getting worse for Greenburg Empty Re: Things keep getting worse for Greenburg

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:52 am

Karma is a bitch. Bad fights happen why you got to have several plates spinning in case one cracks. He just has no clue about boxing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Things keep getting worse for Greenburg Empty Re: Things keep getting worse for Greenburg

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:03 am

GrantZilla wrote:Karma is a bitch. Bad fights happen why you got to have several plates spinning in case one cracks. He just has no clue about boxing

I kinda feel sorry for him on this fight, HBO stepped up and paid the extra money for this to happen. Hopefully they get better value for their money next month.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:11 am

That's the thing. You don't overpay for a fight with two fighters that are not draws. I will be surprised if this fight gets over a million viewers. Put into prospective Showtime's first two stages of the Super Six cost probably less then this one fight
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:01 am

GrantZilla wrote:That's the thing. You don't overpay for a fight with two fighters that are not draws. I will be surprised if this fight gets over a million viewers. Put into prospective Showtime's first two stages of the Super Six cost probably less then this one fight

the fight was put in Detroit. HBO didn't promote it. It was 2 young highly ranked guys. Overpaying for it still doesn't make sense. Bradley is a guy who wins fights. he doesn't produce scintillating affairs. Alexander hasn't produced exciting fights either (Urango fight was because Urango is so damn easy to hit; Urango is hardly ever going to be in a bad fight).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:46 am

if hbo didnt promote it its there fault since they claimed it would be hyped threw the net and other outlets.i did see a few nets adds..if the viewership isnt what they expected then the exit door for greenburg will be held wide open..i dont feel sorry for him one bit..he tosses around foolish money at fighters and still gets turned down..he created a monster ..he should act like it was HIS money not hbos ..tex richard did and it was his money and he put up some big money fights...bob arum puts his money where his mouth is several times..greenburg acted irresponsible with hbos money and enjoyed the limelight for years as a boxing insider..a soo called mover and shaker..
his exit will get my bravos..grant gave a perfect example of showtimes super 6 as value for the dollar..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:33 pm

GrantZilla wrote:That's the thing. You don't overpay for a fight with two fighters that are not draws. I will be surprised if this fight gets over a million viewers. Put into prospective Showtime's first two stages of the Super Six cost probably less then this one fight

ESPN probably doesnt spend this much for a year's worth of FNFs
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:06 am

gomez1012 wrote: ESPN probably doesnt spend this much for a year's worth of FNFs

Hell no they don't. They don't evne spend a million dollars on their entire season. For real. The promoters often front a lot of the costs to get their fighters on TV, and make it off gate and casinio site fee money.

But here's sad part. FNF get's almost same kind of ratings as HBO boxing.

Here's a random example

7-16-10 - ESPN2 - Friday Night Fights - Zab "Super" Judah vs. Jose Armando Santa Cruz - 625,000 live viewers
7-17-10 - HBO - Boxing After Dark - Alfredo Angulo vs. Joachim Alcine/Timothy Bradley vs. Carlos Abregu - 897,000 live viewers

And HBO probably paid 20 times as much as ESPN.

And ESPN FNF ratings are going up. They are now averagine 500k.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum