The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greenburg better be creative if he wants Pac-JMM III

4 posters

Go down

Greenburg better be creative if he wants Pac-JMM III Empty Greenburg better be creative if he wants Pac-JMM III

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 19, 2011 7:39 pm

Boxing Breakfast: Koncz Says HBO Is "Limited" For Pacquiao Fights

BoxingScene.com: What are the chances of returning to HBO?

MK: To be honest with you, I think that HBO is limited because they're limited to their cable subscribers where Showtime has the advantage of using its parent company CBS on network television. But HBO, they're limited. I'm curious about that.

They're limited as to their relative exposure capabilities. We're talking about exposure, now. We're not talking about experience and expertise. I'm talking about exposure. And I think that Showtime has one of those key elements in crossing Manny over to the rock star status, and that's exposure.

With that exposure, then, you know, the money for the purse will follow. So the money is not the primary area of concentration, but it's the exposure that is important.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/5/19/2179030/pacquiao-vs-marquez-hbo-boxing-showtime-michael-koncz-mayweather
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Greenburg better be creative if he wants Pac-JMM III Empty Re: Greenburg better be creative if he wants Pac-JMM III

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 19, 2011 8:03 pm

no way HBO gets it man

Top Rank can replay JMM vs Pac I & II on CBS if they can get it done

Replay those fights on or after College football or NFL cool
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Greenburg better be creative if he wants Pac-JMM III Empty Re: Greenburg better be creative if he wants Pac-JMM III

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 19, 2011 8:05 pm

gomez1012 wrote:no way HBO gets it man

Top Rank can replay JMM vs Pac I & II on CBS if they can get it done

Replay those fights on or after College football or NFL cool

I don't think TR can. Doesn't HBO own the rights to the footage of those fights? I know that's why Showtime couldn't show Manny and Mosley's last fights because they were on HBO.

I know HBO are real dicks when comes to releasing rights. ESPN tried to get fights for them for ESPN Classics, and HBO wanted an absurd amount. Why most ESPN Classics are Showtime.

Once again, showing that Showtime are smarter then HBO
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 19, 2011 8:19 pm

I believe HBO has rights to their broadcast but Top Rank usually does their own broadcast with their own announcers

They have their call of the fight to show
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Leading up to Cotto vs Mayorga IIRC Showtime replayed Cotto vs Zab & Cotto vs Clottey
The Top Rank broadcast of them
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Yeah, maybe Top Rank has the international broadcast for those fights!!!! If I am way off base don't flame me, I'm just throwing it out there.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2011 8:30 pm

ill be very suprized if hbo gets that fight.i think arums pleased with cbs and company and will take the fight there..

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 19, 2011 8:39 pm

dmar5143 wrote:ill be very suprized if hbo gets that fight.i think arums pleased with cbs and company and will take the fight there..

He needs to put Brandon Rios on the undercard (if Rios gets by Antillon this summer). Don't fuck around with this PPV. Put it in Dallas (no idea if the stadium is available). Get Rios and a couple more action fighters and stack the undercard. It would be freaking huge!!!!

And Arum would springboard guys like Rios to the next level.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Arum really needs to take his young up and coming guys and use Pac as a means to get them as much exposure as possible. If he doesn't then he is doing them a major disservice.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2011 8:48 pm

captainanddew wrote:Arum really needs to take his young up and coming guys and use Pac as a means to get them as much exposure as possible. If he doesn't then he is doing them a major disservice.
...good idea for sure..the fights going to vegas not dallas but a good young fighter like rios on the undercard and exposure to all the live ppv buyers plus the re runs will bring mega benefits.theres enough money to pay him also.that should not be a issue.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu May 19, 2011 10:30 pm

every PPV should have a stacked undercard. it shouldnt even be a question.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 1:37 am

I think this is going to go over Greenburg's head. Last time around, HBO CEO Bill Nelson got involved last minute to try and keep Pac on HBO.

I gurantee Nelson will be dealing with Arum directly this time.

Only way I can see Pac going back to HBO is if they make some kind of synergy package where 24/7 and advertisments for the fight be shown on varies Turner stations like TNT and TBS, ect.

What I find funny is, Time-Warner also owns SI, yet SI doesn't give a fuck about boxing. The fact Pac has not landed a single cover on SI is a disgrace.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 9:55 am

No way will HBO secure this fight, Greenburg is completely clueless about how to take boxing forward.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 11:59 am

GrantZilla wrote:I think this is going to go over Greenburg's head. Last time around, HBO CEO Bill Nelson got involved last minute to try and keep Pac on HBO.

I gurantee Nelson will be dealing with Arum directly this time.

Only way I can see Pac going back to HBO is if they make some kind of synergy package where 24/7 and advertisments for the fight be shown on varies Turner stations like TNT and TBS, ect.

What I find funny is, Time-Warner also owns SI, yet SI doesn't give a fuck about boxing. The fact Pac has not landed a single cover on SI is a disgrace.

CBS > TNT & TBS
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 4:51 pm

gomez1012 wrote:CBS > TNT & TBS

No shit, huh? Pretty hard to compete against the most watched network in the US

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 4:55 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:CBS > TNT & TBS

No shit, huh? Pretty hard to compete against the most watched network in the US

Yup, dont think HBO can match unless they do something they've never done before

Even then dont think they can do what CBS/SHO did for Pac vs Mosley
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down