The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread

+9
Diego408
hardcorebee24
Norm1023
freakzilla
Soonermark890
gomez1012
powerpuncher
dbudge
captainanddew
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:56 am

Ring wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Williams just proved that he can't bang with the big boys. Both weighed 168 tonight. He made Maravilla come in at 158 and they still weighed in the same. PW has a lot to figure out. Where to fight and who to fight. Pavlik is out of the question, maybe try and fight Cotto at 154. I doubt we see that though.

This really takes the wind out of P-Will's sails, prior to this his only loss was a close decision to Quintana which he avenged.

This opens everything up for the charismatic Sergio, he can write his own ticket now, by knocking out Williams, he's become one of the most marketable fighters in the World.

Except both 154 and 160 are bereft of serious challenges at this point.

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:57 am

Well after seeing Steward tonight I really feel like playing some Nazi Zombies on COD Black ops. Night Gents.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:57 am

I have nothing against PW, but I can't help but grin when a fighter managed by our favorite figure in boxing loses What a Face

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:58 am

I've never seen a man have so many star making performances and still get dissrespected and treated as the B side by HBO. This is justice.

If anyone has a right to feel like the boxing establishment has conspired against him, it's Martinez.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:59 am

Soonermark890 wrote:Man I had no clue who was going to win that fight but i never thought it would end like that.

That's why I love boxing sooner, you just never know what might happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:59 am

Martinez chose to fight up closer than last fight and that was a tactical decision that was made in camp (my guess). If so, Cyclops is a damn good trainer.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:59 am

A GREAT night! G'night guys!

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:00 am

Ring wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Man I had no clue who was going to win that fight but i never thought it would end like that.

That's why I love boxing sooner, you just never know what might happen.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:01 am

Sergio Martinez is trending on twitter. I don't do that shit but I go on sometimes during boxing fights to see other people's round by rounds and thoughts.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:01 am

captainanddew wrote:Martinez chose to fight up closer than last fight and that was a tactical decision that was made in camp (my guess). If so, Cyclops is a damn good trainer.

I think that's half of it. Sergio is much more solid than PW. Stronger and a bigger puncher. He's settled into the weight, and unfortunately I think he's all alone now.

I don't think anyone beats him at MW, but he would have serious issues at 168.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:02 am

wow, it looks more amazing when you watch it over and over. Martinez raises his right hand when PW's body hadn't fully hit the canvas. max kellerman with the most true statement, "he's not getting up guys" Great statement by Steward, this is what we need in boxing, knockouts. The decisions are good but we need this.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:04 am

Groundhog wrote:I have nothing against PW, but I can't help but grin when a fighter managed by our favorite figure in boxing loses What a Face
lol I love seeing this Haymon fighters go down left and right.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:05 am

The night is young! Screw tape delay, I'm glad they didn't do it this time.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:05 am

good night guys. That will be my GIF next week and will remain so until I see a KO that tops it. It may take a long while.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:06 am

I'm glad it was over quick because that ref was on his way to ruining that fight.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:08 am

woohoo atta boy Martinez Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:09 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ring wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Williams just proved that he can't bang with the big boys. Both weighed 168 tonight. He made Maravilla come in at 158 and they still weighed in the same. PW has a lot to figure out. Where to fight and who to fight. Pavlik is out of the question, maybe try and fight Cotto at 154. I doubt we see that though.

This really takes the wind out of P-Will's sails, prior to this his only loss was a close decision to Quintana which he avenged.

This opens everything up for the charismatic Sergio, he can write his own ticket now, by knocking out Williams, he's become one of the most marketable fighters in the World.

Except both 154 and 160 are bereft of serious challenges at this point.

There should be some good fights in there somewhere Marble, perhaps Sebastian Sylvester, Dmitry Pirog, or Felix Sturm at Middleweight, or Sergei Dzinziruk, "Perro" Angulo or even Saul "Canelo" Alvarez at Jr. Middleweight.

I just like watching Martinez fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:10 am

Ali wrote:woohoo atta boy Martinez Very Happy

Good guy. Watching the tape of that fight aain. SM saying he wanted to say hello to PW and showed PW respect. Good, classy guy. Hell of a shot he landed.

Once again, why interview PW. Just let him leave. Don't interview him. he got KTFO. No need to ask him about not seeing a shot he got crumbled by. No need to show a replay.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:11 am

Hopefully the champ is back on HBO within 3 or 4 months...

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:12 am

There should be some good fights in there somewhere Marble, perhaps Sebastian Sylvester, Dmitry Pirog, or Felix Sturm at Middleweight, or Sergei Dzinziruk, "Perro" Angulo or even Saul "Canelo" Alvarez at Jr. Middleweight.

I would love for Martinez to get a big superfight. Unfortunately he is going to have to go to 168 to get it. At 168 I give him a chance but guys like Bute, Ward, are bigger than him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:12 am

Damn I am so mad I missed this, why did there have to be a family party tonight Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:13 am

Kellerman with the James Toney quote, "you gotta bring ass to get ass". LOL.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:14 am

Did you get to see the fight Ali?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:15 am

Ring wrote:

Did you get to see the fight Ali?

I missed it because I had to go to a party.

Just saw the knockout on youtube, holly shit that was a sweet shot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:16 am

captainanddew wrote:There should be some good fights in there somewhere Marble, perhaps Sebastian Sylvester, Dmitry Pirog, or Felix Sturm at Middleweight, or Sergei Dzinziruk, "Perro" Angulo or even Saul "Canelo" Alvarez at Jr. Middleweight.

I would love for Martinez to get a big superfight. Unfortunately he is going to have to go to 168 to get it. At 168 I give him a chance but guys like Bute, Ward, are bigger than him.

I hope Martinez stays at 160 or below, 168 is just stacked with good fighters right now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next