The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Williams Likely Paralyzed

+9
Rum Capital
NJBeatdown86
Diego408
SlickMoney
captainanddew
flapanther2001
dmar5143
kbyte
Shaun
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Paul Williams Likely Paralyzed Empty Paul Williams Likely Paralyzed

Post  Shaun Mon May 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Paul Williams Likely Paralyzed Empty Re: Paul Williams Likely Paralyzed

Post  kbyte Mon May 28, 2012 4:52 pm

This is horrible. Sad
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon May 28, 2012 4:53 pm

a shock..awfull news.hopefully he can in time walk and lead a normal life..good luck paul.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 28, 2012 4:58 pm

WTF is with boxers & motorcycles? Damn!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 28, 2012 4:59 pm

just got home from the long drive from the in laws. Look and see Tapia dead (not shocking-figured some day before his time we'd see that headline) and PW paralyzed (which is utterly shocking).

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon May 28, 2012 5:30 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:WTF is with boxers & motorcycles? Damn!!!

People in general. Stay away from murdercycles. They're nothing but trouble.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon May 28, 2012 5:34 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

..i tend to agree.about 40 plus years ago i needed a ride home from work for 2 days.this guy had a bike.not a big one but talk about mental insecurity and helplessness.whew.no helmets either.when making a turn he tell me lean a little bit this way etc etc.that 20 minute ride seemed like 5 scary days.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon May 28, 2012 5:46 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

..i tend to agree.about 40 plus years ago i needed a ride home from work for 2 days.this guy had a bike.not a big one but talk about mental insecurity and helplessness.whew.no helmets either.when making a turn he tell me lean a little bit this way etc etc.that 20 minute ride seemed like 5 scary days.

Yeah, I feel helpless just riding as a passenger in a friend's vehicle sometimes (when I do not trust them as being a good driver). I can only imagine how that would feel riding on the back of someone's bike.

Motorcycles are nothing but trouble. Amazing that they are still street legal.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon May 28, 2012 5:50 pm

I busted my ass plenty of times on a bicycle when i was a little kid. I can only imagine what would've happened to me if i was going 60-70-80 mph. All it takes is 1 little flinch and its over.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon May 28, 2012 5:52 pm

SlickMoney wrote:I busted my ass plenty of times on a bicycle when i was a little kid. I can only imagine what would've happened to me if i was going 60-70-80 mph. All it takes is 1 little flinch and its over.

Slick, I will pay you $5 PayPal right now so I don't have to look at Scott Hall's hairy ass belly button again.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon May 28, 2012 5:53 pm

slick at 70-80 mph i wouldnt need a little flinch..a heart attack would get me fast..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon May 28, 2012 5:54 pm

Shaun wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:I busted my ass plenty of times on a bicycle when i was a little kid. I can only imagine what would've happened to me if i was going 60-70-80 mph. All it takes is 1 little flinch and its over.

Slick, I will pay you $5 PayPal right now so I don't have to look at Scott Hall's hairy ass belly button again.

Send it. UntouchableVick87@yahoo.com
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon May 28, 2012 6:09 pm

During his fight With Lara everyone was saying he should retire, but he didn't get the clue until now.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon May 28, 2012 6:11 pm

One of the many reasons I will never ride a motorcycle and won't let any kids I have ride them. I hope Paul makes a full recovery or at least can have a somewhat normal life.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 28, 2012 6:12 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:One of the many reasons I will never ride a motorcycle and won't let any kids I have ride them. I hope Paul makes a full recovery or at least can have a somewhat normal life.

on the way to his brother's wedding.

By Osman Rodriguez

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, former world champion Paul "The Punisher" Williams (41-2, 27KOs) crashed his motorcycle on Sunday morning near Atlanta, and Williams is likely paralyzed from the waist down. Williams was going to attend his brother's wedding on Sunday afternoon.

According to his manager/trainer George Peterson, the accident took place in Marietta. Williams tried to avoid another car, and then the motorcycle went up an embankment and he was violently thrown from the bike. Williams severed his spinal cord after falling on his back and head.

Peterson told Augusta News 12 that he's in the hospital with a surgery scheduled for Wednesday. That surgery, says Peterson, will be to stabilize the healthy upper half of his spine by putting a protective wall around it.

Williams was scheduled to fight Saul Alvarez for the WBC junior middleweight title, as part of a pay-per-view headliner on September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Horrible just horrible news, and it's even more sad because I honestly felt Paul had a shot at giving Canelo his first loss.

Bikes are extremely dangerous, my neighbor crashed his bike and was run over by a bus, he's a shell of his former self now Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 28, 2012 6:40 pm

motorcycles are a bad idea. Found this online. Not sure if it is 100% accurate but I would guess it is on the right track.

Motorcycle Crash Facts

Motorcyclist Fatalities Increase
•Motorcycles are the most dangerous type of motor vehicle to drive. These vehicles are involved in fatal crashes at a rate of 35.0 per 100 million miles of travel, compared with a rate of 1.7 per 100 million miles of travel for passenger cars.
•Motorcyclists were 35 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash in 2006, per vehicle mile traveled, and 8 times more likely to be injured.
•Although motorcycles account for only 2% of vehicles on the road, they make up more than 10% of all crashes.
•Motorcycles accounted for nearly 3% of all registered motor vehicles and 0.4% of vehicle miles traveled in 2006.
•Motorcycle fatalities have more than doubled in 10 years to 4,810 in 2006. Helmets saved the lives of 1,658 motorcyclists in 2006—and could have saved an additional 752 lives if all riders had worn helmets compliant with federal safety standards.
•Some 104,000 motorcycles were involved in crashes in 2006, including property damage-only crashes.
•Approximately 80% of motorcycle crashes injure or kill a motorcycle rider, while only 20% of passenger car crashes injure or kill a driver or passenger in their vehicle.
•In 2006, 37% of all motorcyclists involved in fatal crashes were speeding, compared to 23% for passenger car drivers, 19% for light-truck drivers, and 8% for large-truck drivers.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Lem: Williams' manager: Williams is in an excellent frame of mind, but has been told he will never walk again #boxing

I never was a big PW backer. I'm still very sad today.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon May 28, 2012 6:56 pm

The very first guy to ever tap me (the first of many people, many times LOL) was paralyzed from a motorcycle crash. Guy probably would be a high-level brown belt now, probably a pro MMA fighter.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 28, 2012 7:39 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

Riding "bitch" is like bangin' a fat chick....it's OK until your friends see you do it!!! LMFAO!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 7:51 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

Riding "bitch" is like bangin' a fat chick....it's OK until your friends see you do it!!! LMFAO!!!

Funny Shit

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon May 28, 2012 8:26 pm

stay away from motorcycles. A close friend of mine died last year from a motorcycle accident. Problem with bikes is that you fall in love with the speed ,i almost crashed once myself.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon May 28, 2012 8:41 pm

captainanddew wrote:motorcycles are a bad idea. Found this online. Not sure if it is 100% accurate but I would guess it is on the right track.

Motorcycle Crash Facts

Motorcyclist Fatalities Increase
•Motorcycles are the most dangerous type of motor vehicle to drive. These vehicles are involved in fatal crashes at a rate of 35.0 per 100 million miles of travel, compared with a rate of 1.7 per 100 million miles of travel for passenger cars.
•Motorcyclists were 35 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash in 2006, per vehicle mile traveled, and 8 times more likely to be injured.
•Although motorcycles account for only 2% of vehicles on the road, they make up more than 10% of all crashes.
•Motorcycles accounted for nearly 3% of all registered motor vehicles and 0.4% of vehicle miles traveled in 2006.
•Motorcycle fatalities have more than doubled in 10 years to 4,810 in 2006. Helmets saved the lives of 1,658 motorcyclists in 2006—and could have saved an additional 752 lives if all riders had worn helmets compliant with federal safety standards.
•Some 104,000 motorcycles were involved in crashes in 2006, including property damage-only crashes.
•Approximately 80% of motorcycle crashes injure or kill a motorcycle rider, while only 20% of passenger car crashes injure or kill a driver or passenger in their vehicle.
•In 2006, 37% of all motorcyclists involved in fatal crashes were speeding, compared to 23% for passenger car drivers, 19% for light-truck drivers, and 8% for large-truck drivers.

As a motorcycle rider (12 yrs) I'd like to weigh in here. The statistics don't lie. Many motorcycle riders are irresponsible and ride fast. Everyone (including myself) rides fast and pushes their bike. It's a dangerous activity and can be fatal. Like the statistics state, it's usually the riders fault. It's very important to abide by the same rules as a automobile driver, but it's extremely tempting to push the bike. I'm married now so I don't stunt or wheelie (as much as I use to). Knowing when to push your bike and knowing your bike and what you're capable of as a rider is important. A motorcycle is like a gyroscope, the faster you go the more stable it is, which is why riders ride fast. A motorcycle gives you a false sense of security. What most folks don't understand that with riding fast your reaction time has to also be that much faster or cannot possibly be that fast. This is when riders die. Speed is fun but it kills. Speed is also relative to your surroundings, don't wind out the bike coming off the highway, on twisties or in residential neighborhoods. Don't white line (riding between cars between lanes on the highway) or lane splitting when you don't have to the . If you can't control yourself on the road, pay for track days. If you ride on the road know what you're capable of. There will always be the safe rider that is unlucky, it's the risk of getting on the road. This story is heartbreaking. My sympathies go out to Paul and his family. He has a long battle ahead of him that he will never win. When I read this I started up my bike and went out for a ride and thought about Williams the entire time.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 28, 2012 9:24 pm

boxingscene has an interview with PW's manager where they detail the accident. not a fun read.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 29, 2012 12:35 am

SlickMoney wrote:

Only if you ride like an idiot. I've been using riding mortorcycles for over 20 years with no major wrecks. Only crashes I've had was dirtbiking.

You have to be 100% aware and smart on the road. Sure, freak accidents happen. They happen in cars too
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next