The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread

+9
Diego408
hardcorebee24
Norm1023
freakzilla
Soonermark890
gomez1012
powerpuncher
dbudge
captainanddew
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread

Post  Rum Capital Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:45 am

im in shock i haven't seen a big fight end with one punch like that in a while i mean pac koed hatton but to me this was by far a bigger fight.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:45 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:BTW I swear I cant get over how old Steward looked

He looked like he has one foot in the grave
Will you STOP it already?

Geeze! You'll be 67 in 40 years, how you gonna look?
I hope not that bad. He really does look bad man. Seriously is he sick?

LOL [banging head on desk]
He looked like this
Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread - Page 3 Black_zombie_ch07

You sir are a horrible human being!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:46 am

Rum Capital wrote:im in shock i haven't seen a big fight end with one punch like that in a while i mean pac koed hatton but to me this was by far a bigger fight.

Me too. It's something that makes the sport different.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:46 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

He looked like this
Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread - Page 3 Black_zombie_ch07

speaking of zombies. Watch the Walking Dead on AMC. Darn good show if you like zombie apocalypse.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:46 am

Williams just proved that he can't bang with the big boys. Both weighed 168 tonight. He made Maravilla come in at 158 and they still weighed in the same. PW has a lot to figure out. Where to fight and who to fight. Pavlik is out of the question, maybe try and fight Cotto at 154. I doubt we see that though.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:46 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:So seriously where does Sergio go now? Danny Gaele? Dmitry Pirog?

Martinez would probably consider going down under if Mundine offered him 3 or 4 million dollars...

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:46 am

captainanddew wrote:

Have you seen him work the pads with Wlad? He is in great shape for an old man.
I am just saying he looked like shit tonight. He usually looks like the black Wayne Newton.
Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams scoring and discussion thread - Page 3 Wayne-Newton
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:48 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Williams just proved that he can't bang with the big boys. Both weighed 168 tonight. He made Maravilla come in at 158 and they still weighed in the same. PW has a lot to figure out. Where to fight and who to fight. Pavlik is out of the question, maybe try and fight Cotto at 154. I doubt we see that though.

Yup. He ain't a middleweight.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:48 am

Canvas wrote:Two things really annoyed me: 1) the announcers reffering to Martinez as "the world boxing council middleweight champion of the world"

and

2) Paul Williams, the challenger, being introduced last.

Against all odds, Martinez has risen to the top of the sport. No more begging HBO for a fight. No more short money. No more letting opponents dictate terms.

Thank Al Haymon for that.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:48 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

He looked like this

You sir are a horrible human being!
LMAO
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:49 am

Williams will need aconfidence buider against a tomato can after that ass-kicking. My guess is he'll return to 154.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:50 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:im in shock i haven't seen a big fight end with one punch like that in a while i mean pac koed hatton but to me this was by far a bigger fight.

Me too. It's something that makes the sport different.

Yeah, hatton had already did the post diving against Mayweather.

I thought Martinez would win, and after watching their first fight again earlier tonight, he did hurt PW with the knockdown. It is still suprising that Martinez landed and destroyed him.

I love this, in the walk up, Manny steward said he was excited for this fight as a fight fan. Manny has alot of enthusiasm for the sport.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:50 am

Cyclops must know something we don't..

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:51 am

before the fight, Papa makes clear that Martinez was barking all week about scoring a KO, and not leaving it to the judges.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:53 am

This was a one punch KO, but don't forget Martinez had landed a straight or overhand left half a dozen times already in that fight. This was a display of exceptional skill and timing.

HAIL SERGIO!

(sorry dude for thinking you'd lose bcause you weren't fit...my bad...please don't hit me)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:53 am

captainanddew wrote:before the fight, Papa makes clear that Martinez was barking all week about scoring a KO, and not leaving it to the judges.

I can't blame him. He's been robbed in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:54 am

Groundhog wrote:Cyclops must know something we don't..

I think Cyclops knows a LOT we don't.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:54 am

fighter of the year by far

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:54 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:This was a one punch KO, but don't forget Martinez had landed a straight or overhand left half a dozen times already in that fight. This was a display of exceptional skill and timing.

HAIL SERGIO!

(sorry dude for thinking you'd lose bcause you weren't fit...my bad...please don't hit me)

Shit man I said the same thing. I thought PW was going to slaughter him. I love being wrong sometimes.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:54 am

5am.... night

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:55 am

dbudge wrote:5am.... night

Pussy
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:55 am

dbudge wrote:fighter of the year by far

I think the only other guy in the discussion is Montiel.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:55 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Williams just proved that he can't bang with the big boys. Both weighed 168 tonight. He made Maravilla come in at 158 and they still weighed in the same. PW has a lot to figure out. Where to fight and who to fight. Pavlik is out of the question, maybe try and fight Cotto at 154. I doubt we see that though.

This really takes the wind out of P-Will's sails, prior to this his only loss was a close decision to Quintana which he avenged, so much for his solid chin.. hahaha

This opens everything up for the charismatic Sergio, he can write his own ticket now, by knocking out Williams, he's become one of the most marketable fighters in the World.

Last edited by Ring on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:55 am

Man I had no clue who was going to win that fight but i never thought it would end like that.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:56 am

I just re-watched the fight twice and it was definitely a headbutt. Kermit Cintron agrees.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next