The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHOULD A FIGHTERS AMATUER RECORD COUNT TOWARDS HALL OF FAME.

5 posters

Go down

SHOULD A FIGHTERS AMATUER RECORD COUNT TOWARDS HALL OF FAME. Empty SHOULD A FIGHTERS AMATUER RECORD COUNT TOWARDS HALL OF FAME.

Post  dmar5143 Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:59 pm

dan r says its weights a lot with him..thats one reason maybe why he should not vote perhaps.look you have colledge football hall of fames and basketball maybe also..what you do as a amatuer in football for example plays no role in getting into the pro hall of fame.examples are several.reggie bush a all time great colledge player to me is a bust in the pros based on expectations vs performance.hes a average back.that great colledge carrer should not entire into the thoughts of the pro hall...the same with boxing with maybe one exception...
there are times a amatuer in boxing and success there has a destination of greatness in pro boxing.some examples are ray robinson.85-2 as a amatuer i believe and 69 kos 40 in the first round.a great puncher even back then..or ez charles 42-0 as a amatuer.or willie pep who in over 100 fights lost once.he was 105 pounds fighting a welter who was tall and weighed 145 pounds.40 pounds more.who beat pep for his only loss in the amatuers.somebody named sugar ray robinson in a descion...nino benvenuti was 120-0...there amatuer records are not thje reasons why they made the hall.
if thats a criteria howard davis leon spinks should be voted in.
the only exception i may and i say may make is laszlo papp.why.he was unbeaten as a amatuer and won the olympics 3 times.unbeaten in 29 fights as a pro dispite the fact he started at age 31 and beat tiger jones and 3 times he beat a excellent top contender peter mueller.papp could not continue his career because he fought in a iron country and his passprt was revolked ..still id be hard pressed to vote papp into the pro boxing hall..papp is in though..the fat man i feel is sooo wrong on this.what are your thoughts.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

SHOULD A FIGHTERS AMATUER RECORD COUNT TOWARDS HALL OF FAME. Empty Re: SHOULD A FIGHTERS AMATUER RECORD COUNT TOWARDS HALL OF FAME.

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Fat Dan really is an idiot. He only get's his information because he works for ESPN aka THE MOTHERSHIP.

Does not surprise he thinks AM records should count. He's too stupid to figure out AM boxing today is a joke and shouldn't even be called boxing.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

SHOULD A FIGHTERS AMATUER RECORD COUNT TOWARDS HALL OF FAME. Empty Re: SHOULD A FIGHTERS AMATUER RECORD COUNT TOWARDS HALL OF FAME.

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Maybe as a non participant like a broadcaster or promoter, not as a fighter.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:39 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Maybe as a non participant like a broadcaster or promoter, not as a fighter.
...agreed and good point hardcore.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:48 pm

I'm not sure. When I think of a lot of the Cuban fighters, I think it should be a factor. I kind of look at it like extra credit. If you had a stellar amateur career it should help you if you're on the bubble.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:02 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Maybe as a non participant like a broadcaster or promoter, not as a fighter.
no way that would mean ray torres would have a shot

Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down