The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick questions. Hall of fame fighters.

4 posters

Go down

Quick questions. Hall of fame fighters. Empty Quick questions. Hall of fame fighters.

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:08 pm

Who of today's fighters are locks for the Hall?

And of today's fighters are boarder line guy's?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Quick questions. Hall of fame fighters. Empty Re: Quick questions. Hall of fame fighters.

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:27 pm

You talking who should or who will under the mandatory annual induction policy?

Back to top Go down

Quick questions. Hall of fame fighters. Empty Re: Quick questions. Hall of fame fighters.

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:28 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:You talking who should or who will under the mandatory annual induction policy?
How about we do both. That would be an interesting contrast.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:33 pm

In either case of guys still active I'd say the locks include

Evander Holyfield, Erik Morales, Floyd, Manny, BHOP, Roy Jones and James Toney

Recent retirees who are locks would include

MAB, Mike Tyson, Oscar, Felix Trindidad and Julio Cesar Chavez

The I think there are guys who certainly get in because of the policy

Both Marquez's Brothers, Izzy Vasquez, Kostya,

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:35 pm

the current fighters that i would put in the HOF are pac, mayweather, JMM, and R. marquez. maybe the klits too even though im not fans of them but just because they are dominant. but even then, it would be hard for me to do it. maybe im missing some people but they are the fighters im thinking of at the moment.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:You talking who should or who will under the mandatory annual induction policy?
How about we do both. That would be an interesting contrast.

I'm of the views with regards to HOFs that if I say a name and you have to think about it (and you're a knowledgeable fan)? They shouldn't go in. Locks only is my view, but that leads to me ripping about a dozen plaques off the wall of guys already in there Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:36 pm

powerpuncher wrote:the current fighters that i would put in the HOF are pac, mayweather, JMM, and R. marquez. maybe the klits too even though im not fans of them but just because they are dominant. but even then, it would be hard for me to do it. maybe im missing some people but they are the fighters im thinking of at the moment.

On behalf of right thinking fans everywhere, I thank you for the Raffy vote!

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:37 pm

My locks- Pac, Floyd, both Klits, JMM, B-Hop, Holyfield, Shit I am forgetting some people I know I am.

My Boarders- Cotto, Mosley (cheater), John

Last edited by Soonermark890 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:39 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:the current fighters that i would put in the HOF are pac, mayweather, JMM, and R. marquez. maybe the klits too even though im not fans of them but just because they are dominant. but even then, it would be hard for me to do it. maybe im missing some people but they are the fighters im thinking of at the moment.

On behalf of right thinking fans everywhere, I thank you for the Raffy vote!
I forgot about Raffy, Jones, and Toney.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:43 pm

Wonjongkam? Where does a guy like him go?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:My locks- Pac, Floyd, both Klits, JMM, B-Hop, Holyfield, Shit I am forgetting some people I know I am.

My Boarders- Cotto, Margo (cheater), Mosley (cheater), John

You sir are KILLING me!

Cotto and margarito when guys like Myujng Wuh Yoo and masao Obha and Gilberto Roman and Pone Kingpetch and Simon Brown and Saman Sorjaturong and Ruben Castillo and Yaqui Lopez and Willie Joyce (I can keep going) aren't in?

Those guys are very good fighters, not great ones.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Wonjongkam? Where does a guy like him go?

Good call, he goes in due to policy. He's a Marquez level guy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:36 pm

Calzaghe should get in. Calderon?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Gumby wrote:Calzaghe should get in. Calderon?

My own view is both of those guys are "Will get in due to minimal annual mandatory induction policy" kind of guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:27 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:My locks- Pac, Floyd, both Klits, JMM, B-Hop, Holyfield, Shit I am forgetting some people I know I am.

My Boarders- Cotto, Margo (cheater), Mosley (cheater), John

You sir are KILLING me!

Cotto and margarito when guys like Myujng Wuh Yoo and masao Obha and Gilberto Roman and Pone Kingpetch and Simon Brown and Saman Sorjaturong and Ruben Castillo and Yaqui Lopez and Willie Joyce (I can keep going) aren't in?

Those guys are very good fighters, not great ones.
I took Margo off I have no idea what I was thinking on that one. But Cotto is a very week boarder to me. I just couldnt think of a lot of boarder line guys.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:31 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:In either case of guys still active I'd say the locks include

Evander Holyfield, Erik Morales, Floyd, Manny, BHOP, Roy Jones and James Toney

Recent retirees who are locks would include

MAB, Mike Tyson, Oscar, Felix Trindidad and Julio Cesar Chavez

The I think there are guys who certainly get in because of the policy

Both Marquez's Brothers, Izzy Vasquez, Kostya,
i wasnt thinking about some of those fighters because i forget that they are even fighting anymore like toney, bhop, jones, etc. but all of yours i would agree with.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:54 pm

if we are talking under hall rules then too many undeserving win get in..we disgussed this topic before..cotto to me is not boarderline..hes out.soo is shane.there should be some ethics involved in the voting process.so mosley is out..very very boarderline at best if he didnt do balco..tyson id vote for i know others wont..toney jones jr pac floyd also..add bo hop.oscar hollifield.vitali nooo.wlad maybe.a big maybe. JMM..in not high on raffy as some are.so no to him..chavez of course.trinidad id vote for.MAB YES..if you go by how the hall votes all names mentioned are locks..to me there weak criteria dont count..margo even if you changed your mind sooner doesnt even merit a weak consideration.thats based on abilty and nothing else..the rest id vote no..again ALL are locks or close too it with idiots like dan r voting....i gave you who id vote for and a few maybe not on the first ballot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:05 am

ruiz??? lmao
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:12 am

Rum Capital wrote:

ruiz??? lmao
LMAO FUCK NO!!! But that was funny. Chris John.

But hey marble where do you put Winky? Is he HOF worthy?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:20 am

the hall will vote winky in..id vote nooo 150 times on him..he or cotto etc etc get in then ill seriously think of burning the place down..marble can i borrow a match.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:22 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:

ruiz??? lmao

sooner john has done nothing but beat marquez on an iffy decision. heck i was kidding at first but ruiz would get in the hof before john lol
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:20 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:

ruiz??? lmao

You really are NOT a nice guy...now where is that link to Ninja's again?

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:36 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:

ruiz??? lmao

You really are NOT a nice guy...now where is that link to Ninja's again?
LMAO
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:37 am

Rum Capital wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:

ruiz??? lmao

sooner john has done nothing but beat marquez on an iffy decision. heck i was kidding at first but ruiz would get in the hof before john lol
I couldnt think of any boarderline guys to be honest hell the only one I could think of was Cotto.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down