The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to the OSDT drug testing?

+4
kbyte
captainanddew
Frank
jz_hova
8 posters

Go down

What happened to the OSDT drug testing? Empty What happened to the OSDT drug testing?

Post  jz_hova Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:17 am

When did it start / when did it stop? Why no footage in 24/7?
Was the fake sucker punch a ploy to take everyones minds off of the non testing?

jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

What happened to the OSDT drug testing? Empty Re: What happened to the OSDT drug testing?

Post  Frank Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:58 am

jz_hova wrote:When did it start / when did it stop? Why no footage in 24/7?
Was the fake sucker punch a ploy to take everyones minds off of the non testing?

I only think the drug testing applies to Pacquiao. The following is the MW family thought process.

(a) We have no idea we're a bunch of morons who come off as laughable to most people in and out of boxing. Therefore, we will create a story about steroids to avoid a boxer who we know will kick the living shit out of us. Since we are "mentally challenged" we believe that most will buy our story.

(b) The MWs had no reason to test Ortiz because they were not threatened by him. Even though he came in 20 pounds past the weight limit (or something like that) they knew they could KO him. Therefore, Ortiz doesn't qualify for the test.

Conclusion: I call it like I see it. I back MW up on his decision to sucker punch Ortiz. Victor had tried headbutts on 3 different occasions. A dirty fight is a dirty fight. I've never had a problem with the way MW fights. Once he's in the ring, he's fine. The challenge has always been to get him there. His avoidance of Pac is the single most cowardly move I've ever seen in the sport. I hope that if he continues this, we as boxing fans and the boxing press can finally ignore a fighter who just needs to get out of the way. (Personally, I have no desire to see MW or Ortiz ever again.)

Last edited by Frank on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

What happened to the OSDT drug testing? Empty Re: What happened to the OSDT drug testing?

Post  captainanddew Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:05 am

Floyd goes into every fight knowing he is better and will win. Against Pac, he believes it (and I believe the odds are still in his favor for winning), but he has a little doubt. That doubt forces him to come up with rationalizations as to why they shouldn't fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:13 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Floyd goes into every fight knowing he is better and will win. Against Pac, he believes it (and I believe the odds are still in his favor for winning), but he has a little doubt. That doubt forces him to come up with rationalizations as to why they shouldn't fight.
Well said.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Why bother discussing it on 24/7? They already covered it on Mayweather-Mosley 24/7. If they had talked about it again then they would have just been recycling old storylines.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Yeah the testing wasnt done, but it wasnt shown on 24/7.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm pretty sure they did it. It just wasn't as publicized because it's boring.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:56 am

kbyte wrote:Why bother discussing it on 24/7? They already covered it on Mayweather-Mosley 24/7. If they had talked about it again then they would have just been recycling old storylines.

But Floyds money stacks, Rolls Royce's, family issues, training methods have also been covered. The only thing that was new was his homoerotic relationship with 50 and his obvious beard in Ms. Jackson.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:07 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:But Floyds money stacks, Rolls Royce's, family issues, training methods have also been covered. The only thing that was new was his homoerotic relationship with 50 and his obvious beard in Ms. Jackson.

AKA Robin Givens 2.0.

Shit, am I the only one that thinks Mayweather just pays this golddiger just to be scene with him?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:58 am

I think most dudes with lots of money mysteriously end up with great looking women with mediocre personalities and expensive tastes. She seems good for Floyd though, falls between that safe range of video ho and actress. She'll have things to keep her busy and keep her looking good but she'll never be successful enough to take his spotlight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down