The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M-1 pulling a Mayweather. Wants strict drug testing for HW tournament

2 posters

Go down

M-1 pulling a Mayweather. Wants strict drug testing for HW tournament Empty M-1 pulling a Mayweather. Wants strict drug testing for HW tournament

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:01 am

Fedor's manager Vadim Finkelstein,

"The only thing I said and will say, Fedor - is clean. He trains in the mountains, to improve endurance, and from the eight fighters, they have already caught two for doping - Josh Barnett and Antonio Silva. And surely someone else uses it, while they insist that it is all the same, to have equal strength."

"We have never shied away from a particular battle, I just want for his fighter to be professional opponent, "not a chemist." Today doping can significantly add speed and endurance. We just want all parties to the Grand Prix and potential rivals to play by the rules."

"Terms of the tournament are determined, the grid is painted. Although, if Fedor will be in the semi-finals, I plan to insist on a thorough verification of the opponent on drugs. You know, I experienced a lot of problems when there was a struggle with Josh Barnett, and do not want this situation again. I then had a lot of money to lose on advertising and a big problem with television. I want this time for everyone to know and be aware of the facts that they will test it very seriously."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/19/1943949/fedors-manager-requests-drug-testing-for-heavyweight-semi-finals
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

M-1 pulling a Mayweather. Wants strict drug testing for HW tournament Empty Re: M-1 pulling a Mayweather. Wants strict drug testing for HW tournament

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Barnett has a history, cant blame them

The issue with Flod was there was none for his OSDT demands vs Manny
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

M-1 pulling a Mayweather. Wants strict drug testing for HW tournament Empty Re: M-1 pulling a Mayweather. Wants strict drug testing for HW tournament

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:56 pm

Difference is Barnett is a known user and it's also been wildly speculated that Overeem is juicing.

Frankly I still can't believe blood testing isn't a normal occurrence in combat sports.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down