The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grow some thick skin and get back over there now !

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Grow some thick skin and get back over there now ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Grow some thick skin and get back over there now !

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:38 am

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:If you're planning to leave Ninja's just delete your account and stop procrastinating.
I havent decided yet. Any reason why your being so hostile?

Because you're going " oh welcome to the forum guys" it's sending a signal to me that you're only staying to convince people to leave.

I love that place and made an effort to get everyone to join, now you've gone and fucked it all up.

Respectfully Ali? The guys who fucked it all up are either 1) The guy who made it so unpleasant that a bunch of people left or 2) the guys who chose not to regulate that behavior.

You HAVE to understand this. You lured us away from ESPN to avoid EXACTLY this issue. Didn't you?

You should KEEP loving Ninja's and be very, very proud of it. I could never have figured out how to create that and make it so it drew people.

Back to top Go down

Grow some thick skin and get back over there now ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Grow some thick skin and get back over there now !

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:39 am

Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:Is Wolf the sole reason as to why some of you left ?

I can only speak for me. Krazyhorse showed up one day being rude and I think that bothered some folks, but for me he's not around often enough to trouble me and when I called him on it he settled down.

Please don't be angry over this. I think all of us here have always enjoyed you and Bird and 90%+ of the rest of the gang.

How can I not be pissed off Marble, I come back from a short hiatus and half the gang have moved to a different forum.

But this is NOT a commentary on you or Bird or your site. It's not. I LOVE talking to smart younguns with whom I share a passion. I learn from you guys all the time. I'm just not willing to be figuratively kicked in the nuts (or watch my other friends so kicked) every day for the privilege.

Let me give you another example. The Muhammad drawing. Now NOBODY is harder on Islam than me. NOBODY. But one of the good guys on that site is a Muslim. It is simply rude and unecessary to taunt him that way. The fact that Freak accepts it says great things about him and doesn't excuse Wolfe's behavior in the least.

Instead of tucking your tail between your legs all of you should've complained to the administrators. And I believe there is an option to complain to the people who house the whole forum.
Did you not read my pm's? We tried. Mantis sided with Wolf.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:44 am

Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:Is Wolf the sole reason as to why some of you left ?

I can only speak for me. Krazyhorse showed up one day being rude and I think that bothered some folks, but for me he's not around often enough to trouble me and when I called him on it he settled down.

Please don't be angry over this. I think all of us here have always enjoyed you and Bird and 90%+ of the rest of the gang.

How can I not be pissed off Marble, I come back from a short hiatus and half the gang have moved to a different forum.

But this is NOT a commentary on you or Bird or your site. It's not. I LOVE talking to smart younguns with whom I share a passion. I learn from you guys all the time. I'm just not willing to be figuratively kicked in the nuts (or watch my other friends so kicked) every day for the privilege.

Let me give you another example. The Muhammad drawing. Now NOBODY is harder on Islam than me. NOBODY. But one of the good guys on that site is a Muslim. It is simply rude and unecessary to taunt him that way. The fact that Freak accepts it says great things about him and doesn't excuse Wolfe's behavior in the least.

Instead of tucking your tail between your legs all of you should've complained to the administrators. And I believe there is an option to complain to the people who house the whole forum.

Ali you are assuming I know what any of that means! I don't. As far as I know the moderators are the guys who run the show. I figured the administrators were the same dudes as the moderators and I have NO idea who "houses the forum."

The place became unpleasant. It sounds like you expected more loyalty from me/us. But here's the thing. It's not MY forum. I was NOT around at its inception. I was merely a recent guest. As such I wasn't going to complain about the free dinner I was being served. I simply chose not to have seconds. The guy I have a problem with is obviously a core guy who has been there far longer than me and the rest of you like him. It's not my place to bitch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:51 am

I am done, I hope you guys come to your senses by Nov 6th. I'll put up the JuanMa vs Rafa lets score it thread.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:54 am

Ali wrote:I am done, I hope you guys come to your senses by Nov 6th. I'll put up the JuanMa vs Rafa lets score it thread.

Try not to be a stranger. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:58 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:I am done, I hope you guys come to your senses by Nov 6th. I'll put up the JuanMa vs Rafa lets score it thread.

+1
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:00 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

+1

I feel bad. I just love that little Dude. A REALLY good guy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:04 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

+1

Me and him have had our problems but I always respected him. What I feel bad about is he is blaming me for it. I didnt cause any part of this.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:10 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

+1

Me and him have had our problems but I always respected him. What I feel bad about is he is blaming me for it. I didnt cause any part of this.

No you didn't. I'd have left even if I had nowhere to go.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:14 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

+1

No you didn't. I'd have left even if I had nowhere to go.
See and thats what I tried to explain to him. I created this place after you said you were leaving. I didnt want you guys to just leave and I not be able to discuss and learn about boxing with you guys. Oh well he has me pegged as the villian and I cant do anything about it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:02 am

Marble a man with your incredible amount of knowledge was extremely valuable to that forum, you've got a gift and enthusiasm to make people fall in love with boxing, you've jumped ship over one bad pupil, teachers don't quit a job over one spoilt brat.

I am extremely disappointed by your sudden departure, you've also managed to make other members jump ship.

Thanks for allowing one bad apple to gain a victory by running away.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:02 am

first i agree with every word marble has said..he put it as well as anyone can..the fault does not lie with folks who left because of the same yes same reasons most of us left espn..i complained to sooner who was a mod to take action against the constant attacks unwarranted and the disrupption of good topics for the sake of harming the boxing forum..ring also complained..sooner deleated some of wolfs posts and krazyhourses soo some evidence is gone..i asked sooner also to PM both you and bird to intervien.noo action was taken due to the excuse that you were gone from the forum BUT you do get emails from the forum stating you have a PM..this is not a case of get thick skin suck it up dont read his posts or insults.
its a case of folks who have self respect dignity and believe in fair play as well as intelligent disgussions and disagreements conducted with sound reasoning and facts and NOT gutter tatics name calling insults character assasination that consists of your mode of operation in a debate.
ali your a great young bright boxing fan but your way out of line coming here and telling us we are wrong.sooner presented our complaionts to the proper folks and was told get lost so to speak..thats more then enough evidence for me at least to say they will not handle the problems..nope theres a trust and faith issue there and this place will be policed fully to prevent that crap.
like marble and others we like to talk and learn about boxing but we DONT need a forum as part of our daily basics for living.its not food shelter money is it.
sooner tells the truth on why he created the forum AFTER he saw marble asking for his account to be deleated.i shortly asked the same thing after insults were tossed at marble like pussy etc etc for wanting to leave...
indirectly and i dont think you realize it but ali your saying the same thing to us in different words..get thick skined suck it up etc etc..like marble im realy tech-computer a novice..soo if you would deleate my account thats fine or foward instructions on how to do so....i prefer staying here where everyone has respect for each other and many of us have developed a friendship over a place that has hostilty and fellow mma posters and a few others encourage them when doing so..
we have been thick skined and so called sucked it up but theres a time to say ENOUGH is ENOUGH.thats what we did..i hope you can understand that..

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:08 am

I know I'm not the regular on these board that you guys are, but my take on this is pretty close to what Marble and others are saying.

I started posting on ESPN about 6 years ago when everyone was there, and I really enjoyed it. But over the years it totally went downhill due to trolls and a general lack of respect and decorum. I'll debate anyone on anything, as long as they have a reasonable position and aren't blatantly insulting.

ESPN eventually drove me away because everything I posted turned into a USA vs. Canada thing; which I simply got sick of dealing with. Sooner invited me to Ninja's, but I didn't make the switch right away. For the time I was there I enjoyed it for the most part.

Wolf was a dick, and in general it's pretty annoying to have someone participate in a forum for no other reason than to antagonize people. But I would have stayed regardless; it was worth it to have access to the people with real knowledge and interesting posts, like you guys.

I hope this place grows, but at the same time I'd go back to Ninjas (or even ESPN) if you guys did and they were properly run and enforced some kind of standards for behavior.

Either way I appreciate the work Sooner has put in to create this place, it looks cool and I'm happy to have been invited.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:46 am

Ali wrote:Marble a man with your incredible amount of knowledge was extremely valuable to that forum, you've got a gift and enthusiasm to make people fall in love with boxing, you've jumped ship over one bad pupil, teachers don't quit a job over one spoilt brat.

I am extremely disappointed by your sudden departure, you've also managed to make other members jump ship.

Ali why dont you just post on both boards?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Ali wrote:If you're planning to leave Ninja's just delete your account and stop procrastinating.

Ali, no offense mate, but why do you feel the need or that it's your job, to tell everyone what they need to do, some of us are still undecided.. but guess what, we can think just fine for ourselves.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:32 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Because you're going " oh welcome to the forum guys" it's sending a signal to me that you're only staying to convince people to leave.

I love that place and made an effort to get everyone to join, now you've gone and fucked it all up.

LMFAO, sooner fucked it all up? Cast the blame where it belongs Ali, all sooner did was give us an option.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Ring wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

LMFAO, sooner fucked it all up? Cast the blame where it belongs Ali, all sooner did was give us an option.
Dont worry about it Ring. Ali doesnt like me anyways so its easy for him to put the blame on me.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Ok guys. I've read all the complaints. I've had my sparring sessions with Wolf but they didn't bother me. I'm in no way suggesting that other members do not have a right to be offended by his conduct. I tried to send him a few PMs to reason with him. I honestly felt like I was getting somewhere, however if this has gone too far, then it's gone too far.

It's not my place to mediate the board. I do regret that so much effort was put into "Ninjas" by Ali, Marble, Soonermark and dmar only to have to move once again. I also think that Ring is a definite plus to any board he's on.

I love talking with you guys about the sweet science. I personally am not bothered by what's happened. I prefer talking right here to people who get along and want to talk boxing. However, as stated above, I know about the work others have done. My take is to try and make things work to the last possible minute. If it doesn't, well, it doesn't. My two cents.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Dont worry about it Ring. Ali doesnt like me anyways so its easy for him to put the blame on me.

As far as I know sooner, aside from Canvas, I was the first ninjas member to inquire about having my account deleted, I sent Bird a PM. I didn't even know you created this forum until a day or 2 later when you PM'd me about it. (BTW, thanks)

Ali thinks we we need to get "thick skin" and act like adults? No what we needed was to get egotistical idiots/assholes like Wolf and Krazyhorse to quit flaming, insulting, and annoying the other contributing members. Leaving is not about not having "thick skin", it's mainly about not wanting to cast your pearls before swine.

Anyway, unless some of the other contibuting posters at Ninjas don't step up and try to keep the boxing forum alive, it's going to be a ghostown soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Ring wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

As far as I know sooner, aside from Canvas, I was the first ninjas member to inquire about having my account deleted, I sent Bird a PM. I didn't even know you created this forum until a day or 2 later when you PM'd me about it. (BTW, thanks)

Ali thinks we we need to get "thick skin" and act like adults? No what we needed was to get egotistical idiots/assholes like Wolf and Krazyhorse to quit flaming, insulting, and annoying the other contributing members. Leaving is not about not having "thick skin", it's mainly about not wanting to cast your pearls before swine.

Anyway, unless some of the other contibuting posters at Ninjas don't step up and try to keep the boxing forum alive, it's going to be a ghostown soon.
Does anyone know where Canvas went? I didnt even know he left. But I agree the boxing board there is suffering becaus of a couple of MMA posters who started a bunch of shit.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Does anyone know where Canvas went? I didnt even know he left. But I agree the boxing board there is suffering becaus of a couple of MMA posters who started a bunch of shit.

I just sent Canvas a PM, hopefully he'll see it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Ali wrote:Marble a man with your incredible amount of knowledge was extremely valuable to that forum, you've got a gift and enthusiasm to make people fall in love with boxing, you've jumped ship over one bad pupil, teachers don't quit a job over one spoilt brat.

Respectfully Ali this isn't my job. Its a hobby built around FUN. You concede there is a bad apple and yet your solution is for ME to adjust? How does that make sense?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:15 pm

How do I delete my account here ?

It's either Ninja's place for me or I am done all together with forums.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Ali wrote:How do I delete my account here ?

It's either Ninja's place for me or I am done all together with forums.
Not a problem I can do that for you. Are you sure? I dont understand your problem with this forum its not like Ninja's is the only forum you post on your also at Boxing Hideout.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:28 pm

I don't post at the hideout, I made an account to talk to Grant when he left first left ESPN.

I am not going to start posting on two separate forums, already spend too much time on the internet as it is, so it's either one forum or I just go back to looking at the sites for news.

I was happy and settled at Ninja's but now you guys have completely done a number on the boxing section there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next