The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grow some thick skin and get back over there now !

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Grow some thick skin and get back over there now ! Empty Grow some thick skin and get back over there now !

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:26 am

If you don't like a certain poster and can't tolerate their comments put them on the foes lists. If it's a moderator from another section just ignore their comments and blank them.

You don't need to leave over this small incident that's been blown ridiculously out of proportion, last week things were fine and no one approached me about any concerns they had. I see no reason to leave and delete your account, grow some thick skin and act your age.

If you've got any problems or issues contact me,bird or Gomez by pm and we'll address them.

The forum hasn't been ruined and isn't falling apart, after this thread we'll get back to discussing boxing and look forward to David Haye's mega fight with Audley Harrison next month.

Back to top Go down

Grow some thick skin and get back over there now ! Empty Re: Grow some thick skin and get back over there now !

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:30 am

Oh and maybe you can contact hardcore since Ali wants me replaced.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Grow some thick skin and get back over there now ! Empty Re: Grow some thick skin and get back over there now !

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:36 am

Nope. This isn't one incident. Wolfe is an everyday cancer. Why do you think I passed on being a moderator? Because I wasn't willing to align myself in any way with his everyday behavior. He's a problem every time he's in the boxing forum. Why would I choose to grow a thicker skin? So I can continue to watch him abuse people I like and who teach me things and make me laugh? The better answer is for him to learn some manners or to stick to the parts of the forum where he knows something or cares about what is being discussed. But I guess manners and personal restraint aren't cool. The idea that the burden is on those who aren't gratuitously rude, who don't go into forums where they know nothing in order to disrupt them and who don't call names nor make everything personal? Misguided in my view.

I hope Ninjas thrives. You and Bird put in too much work for it not to. I really appreciate having been invited.

But here's something to think about. When a dozen or so folks tell you one guy is the problem? Maybe there is something to that.

I hope all is well for you.

PS I never figured out how to send a PM over there. But I wouldn't have anyway. It's your forum, you read the guy's stuff and you found it acceptable. Not my place to create a problem for you in your house.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:54 am

Stop overreacting over one mans opinions and views, just ignore Wolf and act like adults.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:58 am

Is Wolf the sole reason as to why some of you left ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:00 am

Ali wrote:Stop overreacting over one mans opinions and views, just ignore Wolf and act like adults.

Nope. He's not ignorable. It has NOTHING to do with his opinions or views (heck I agree with many of them). It is ALL about his demeanor.

I AM acting like an adult. When I'm trying to have a conversation in a room with a screaming child? What does an adult do if the child won't be quiet or his parents won't remove him?

The adults take the conversation elsewhere. No big deal. Certainly not an overreaction.

Others can do what they please of course. But let me ask you a question. Do you repeatedly frequent places you find unpleasant?

Last edited by marbleheadmaui on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:06 am

Ali wrote:Is Wolf the sole reason as to why some of you left ?

I can only speak for me. Krazyhorse showed up one day being rude and I think that bothered some folks, but for me he's not around often enough to trouble me and when I called him on it he settled down.

Please don't be angry over this. I think all of us here have always enjoyed you and Bird and 90%+ of the rest of the gang.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:11 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:Stop overreacting over one mans opinions and views, just ignore Wolf and act like adults.

Nope. He's not ignorable. It has NOTHING to do with his opinions or views (heck I agree with many of them). It is ALL about his demeanor.

I AM acting like an adult. When I'm trying to have a conversation in a room with a screaming child? What does an adult do if the child won't be quiet or his parents won't remove him?

The adults take the conversation elsewhere. No big deal. Certainly not an overreaction.

Others can do what they please of course. But let me ask you a question. Do you repeatedly frequent places you find unpleasant?

Nonsense nobody is forcing you to read every single post of his. I am going to make sure the moderators remove anything that's offensive or antagonizing in the section.

Huge overreaction to move to a different forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:12 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:

I can only speak for me. Krazyhorse showed up one day being rude and I think that bothered some folks, but for me he's not around often enough to trouble me and when I called him on it he settled down.

Please don't be angry over this. I think all of us here have always enjoyed you and Bird and 90%+ of the rest of the gang.

How can I not be pissed off Marble, I come back from a short hiatus and half the gang have moved to a different forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:14 am

Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

How can I not be pissed off Marble, I come back from a short hiatus and half the gang have moved to a different forum.
He said he was getting off for the night Ali. Either way you should be mad at the mod in question and maybe at the admin who sided with him when I was arguing with them about it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:18 am

I can't believe you created this site over that small incident, seems to me you were looking for an excuse to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:21 am

Ali wrote:I can't believe you created this site over that small incident, seems to me you were looking for an excuse to leave.
Nope and I created this in about 15 min. I tried to pm you but you were not around. If you want to blame me then fine do it. But to be honest Ali you really dont know what happened. Ring tried to tell you its not my fault and marble has tried to explain his reasoning. Your not listening. And I cant help with that. At least on my site we dont have trolls.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:25 am

If you're planning to leave Ninja's just delete your account and stop procrastinating.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:26 am

Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Nonsense nobody is forcing you to read every single post of his. I am going to make sure the moderators remove anything that's offensive or antagonizing in the section.

Huge overreaction to move to a different forum.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid his crap. For me at least. Leaving someone else's home is hardly an overreaction. It's the polite thing to do. Causing a ruckus is impolite.

This isn't hard to understand. I do this kinda stuff to learn and laugh. He makes my time there unpleasant.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:26 am

Ali wrote:If you're planning to leave Ninja's just delete your account and stop procrastinating.
I havent decided yet. Any reason why your being so hostile?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:27 am

Ali wrote:I can't believe you created this site over that small incident, seems to me you were looking for an excuse to leave.

Not remotely true. I'd go back in a second if he wasn't there. I hate moving. You never know if you get the same good guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:28 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:

Not remotely true. I'd go back in a second if he wasn't there. I hate moving. You never know if you get the same good guys.
+1
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:28 am

Ali wrote:If you're planning to leave Ninja's just delete your account and stop procrastinating.

I don't know how to do it (sorry, I'm a techno-moron). I asked you and Bird to do it on two occasions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:29 am

why don' you just make the switch ali. i for one find it hard to be in a site where's there's a cage and a ninja in the front and have to deal with tons of dude's who have wwe stars as there favorite fighters lol maybe i caught a case of gratzillaitis
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:30 am

Rum Capital wrote:
why don' you just make the switch ali. i for one find it hard to be in a site where's there's a cage and a ninja in the front and have to deal with tons of dude's who have wwe stars as there favorite fighters lol maybe i caught a case of gratzillaitis
LOL word of the year.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:32 am

Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

But this is NOT a commentary on you or Bird or your site. It's not. I LOVE talking to smart younguns with whom I share a passion. I learn from you guys all the time. I'm just not willing to be figuratively kicked in the nuts (or watch my other friends so kicked) every day for the privilege.

Let me give you another example. The Muhammad drawing. Now NOBODY is harder on Islam than me. NOBODY. But one of the good guys on that site is a Muslim. It is simply rude and unecessary to taunt him that way. The fact that Freak accepts it says great things about him and doesn't excuse Wolfe's behavior in the least.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:34 am

Soonermark890 wrote:

Because you're going " oh welcome to the forum guys" it's sending a signal to me that you're only staying to convince people to leave.

I love that place and made an effort to get everyone to join, now you've gone and fucked it all up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:35 am

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Because you're going " oh welcome to the forum guys" it's sending a signal to me that you're only staying to convince people to leave.

I love that place and made an effort to get everyone to join, now you've gone and fucked it all up.
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:36 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

But this is NOT a commentary on you or Bird or your site. It's not. I LOVE talking to smart younguns with whom I share a passion. I learn from you guys all the time. I'm just not willing to be figuratively kicked in the nuts (or watch my other friends so kicked) every day for the privilege.

Let me give you another example. The Muhammad drawing. Now NOBODY is harder on Islam than me. NOBODY. But one of the good guys on that site is a Muslim. It is simply rude and unecessary to taunt him that way. The fact that Freak accepts it says great things about him and doesn't excuse Wolfe's behavior in the least.

Instead of tucking your tail between your legs all of you should've complained to the administrators. And I believe there is an option to complain to the people who house the whole forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:38 am

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Sorry man but I didnt fuck anything up. Also I remember I went to just as big of an effort to get people to join ninja's. Matter of fact I got a permaban from ESPN by sending messages from you to the guys we got to join. SO maybe you should think about some of those things first before you go pointing fingers.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next