When will Canelo grow balls and fight someone his own size?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When will Canelo grow balls and fight someone his own size?

Post  Diego408 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:12 pm

He should be fighting Jr middleweights like Molina and Lara that were available and asking for a the oppertunity to fight the little sissy. Instead he fights jr welterweights like Matthew Hatton, Josesito Lopez, and Lovermore Nduo. And Welterweights like Shot Mosley, Shot Gomez, Shot Baldimier and Shot Cintron. We bash Broner for this hit competition, but he's the same age and atleast fought Ponce and now is up against DeMarco. Alavarez is way more protected then Chavez Jr or any other fighter at this point.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Re: When will Canelo grow balls and fight someone his own size?

Post  Shaun on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:26 pm

Diego408 wrote:He should be fighting Jr middleweights like Molina and Lara that were available and asking for a the oppertunity to fight the little sissy. Instead he fights jr welterweights like Matthew Hatton, Josesito Lopez, and Lovermore Nduo. And Welterweights like Shot Mosley, Shot Gomez, Shot Baldimier and Shot Cintron. We bash Broner for this hit competition, but he's the same age and atleast fought Ponce and now is up against DeMarco. Alavarez is way more protected then Chavez Jr or any other fighter at this point.

To his credit, he was going to fight Paul Williams and Victor Ortiz. Those fights fell through.
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Shaun wrote:
Diego408 wrote:He should be fighting Jr middleweights like Molina and Lara that were available and asking for a the oppertunity to fight the little sissy. Instead he fights jr welterweights like Matthew Hatton, Josesito Lopez, and Lovermore Nduo. And Welterweights like Shot Mosley, Shot Gomez, Shot Baldimier and Shot Cintron. We bash Broner for this hit competition, but he's the same age and atleast fought Ponce and now is up against DeMarco. Alavarez is way more protected then Chavez Jr or any other fighter at this point.

To his credit, he was going to fight Paul Williams and Victor Ortiz. Those fights fell through.
But PW was already finished when he signed to fight Canelo. Ortiz is garbage. Molina and Lara were there and available. But like Scheafer said, Canelo is the one that doesn't want to fight Lara. GBP doesn't want Canelo fight Molina.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Shaun wrote:

But PW was already finished when he signed to fight Canelo. Ortiz is garbage. Molina and Lara were there and available. But like Scheafer said, Canelo is the one that doesn't want to fight Lara. GBP doesn't want Canelo fight Molina.

Canelo wants to fight big money fights. Sept 15th was going to be a PPV attraction for Canelo. Ortiz and Williams are much bigger names than Molina and Lara.
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:54 pm

alvarez -cotto could happen.id love to see alvarez-martinez at 160 which realy is alvarezs weight.everyones touting molina like hes some bad ass.hes far from it.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:14 pm

if you can't beat the top guys in your division (molina, lara, etc...) then you are going to get spanked when you step up and take on top P4P guys.

GB and Canelo's team are ignoring the fact that the top P4P guys have usually taken on the best in their divisions.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:22 am

dmar5143 wrote:alvarez -cotto could happen.id love to see alvarez-martinez at 160 which realy is alvarezs weight.everyones touting molina like hes some bad ass.hes far from it.
molina isnt great but he is definitely a top guy in the division and has been on the bad end of a lot of decisions and DQs (kirkland fight) that its hard not to root for the guy. i just feel bad for him because he has or at least should have beaten chavez, lara, and kirkland which is a better resume that a lot of top fighters now.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 am

i guess my prediction was wrong on the fight. haha. if i would have known that lopez was just going to go at him then i would have predicted an early KO for canelo. i assumed that he would box more. i knew that he would get hit but i thought that he would stay on the outside and be able to box.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:07 pm

He called out Cotto and Flod
lets see if they answer the call
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:26 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i guess my prediction was wrong on the fight. haha. if i would have known that lopez was just going to go at him then i would have predicted an early KO for canelo. i assumed that he would box more. i knew that he would get hit but i thought that he would stay on the outside and be able to box.
...PP you made a bold perdiction with some resonable thoughts.nothing wrong with that..lopez can box a bit but far from whats needed to beat alvarez..i just saw the fight on youtube.first it was great seeing paul williams there with a possitive smile enjoying the fight...alvarez simply was to big to strong to powerfull for lopez..over the last 2 fights especialy last night alvarez showed improvement in his jab wheres its effective and decent.his combinations were excellent and the variety and accuracy was wonderfull..hes a awsome body puncher with terrific power there and he does it well.his handspeed has improved a bit..
his defence is lacking.its poor in fact.he cant slip a punch with regularity and can be hit.hes strong also.
if he fought martinez the speed afoot the handspeed of martinez and the angles will cause him huge problems.i believe his body work will cause martinez problems.unlike chavez alvarez will toss punches.he has youth and strenth on his side.martinez has abilty on his side..good matchup...jz take that photo off saying this is a reason for a rematch please.your guy got dominated for 11 rounds.totaly outclassed by a better fighter.thats what you should say instead of my guy lost.
my thoughts of calling out is bullshit.its childs talk.if cotto wins have golden boy send cotto a contract spelling out fair pay etc etc with your signiture on it.thats calling out anything else is theatrics.
alvarez is a star no matter any knock on him.its time though to face cotto or floyd at 154 or martinez at 160..forget chavez who probably weighed 185 fight night.if chavez wants a rematch if i were martinez id say ok.160 pounds.weight inn the day of the fight at noon or 1 pm.fight night no one can weigh over 169 pounds..if he says yes then do it.if he says no then fight real middleweights not light heavys..
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:40 am

i think that its time for canelo vs cotto. canelo is improving and cotto is on the decline. canelo needs to fight cotto before its too late otherwise the win wont be very impressive. i will be impressed if he fights cotto next and beats him. if his next fight isnt a top fighter at 154, i wont really care about him until he actually fights a top fighter in his division. he may be still young, but he is getting old enough to fight some top fighters.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:08 am

If any of you think that Oscar will do anything to derail his money train, to quote Mr Mayweather, "most people don't know shit about boxing." This debacle vs a Jr Welter is exactly the kind of trash that GBP will throw at us, all the while figuring out a way to get us to eat it. There were guys on this board saying that Josesito had a chance in this fight....think about that.
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:38 am

flapanther2001 wrote:If any of you think that Oscar will do anything to derail his money train, to quote Mr Mayweather, "most people don't know shit about boxing." This debacle vs a Jr Welter is exactly the kind of trash that GBP will throw at us, all the while figuring out a way to get us to eat it. There were guys on this board saying that Josesito had a chance in this fight....think about that.
i usually dont fall for the hype but i did this time. i mainly fell for it because of the weaknesses ive seen in canelo throughout his career and not because of what GB said. but again, i thought that lopez would fight a different fight.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:34 pm

You have to have balls to grow them.

Whoever is handling Kid Cinnamon doesn't have any...and the Kid is either too immature to assert himself or he is also nutless.

I hope he grows up and starts running his own show soon
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:40 am

i dont think its canelo's call at this point, then again what 22 year old fighter calls all of their own shots? i think people lose sight of the fact that he is 22 still. yes he is a champion and should be fighting top guys but is letting the kid gradually develop that big of a sin? people keep saying for him to fight lara, it wont happen. lara is 1 of those guys who i think no one looks good against, canelo would most likely beat him, but itd be an ugly fight. thats not exactly what promoters trying to hype up the next big ppv attraction are looking for. he'll continue to fight brawlers for a while id imagine until he gets cotto or floyd. my guess would be they push for kirkland next (pending his promotional issues). canelo will be a ppv fighter from now on and lara is not a ppv opponent, maybe k9? berto? havent really looked at who is available. cinco de mayo weekend next year will be canelos coming out party against cotto/trout winner. he'll have a stay active fight in december though, but im sure it will be very winnable again. they would be stupid to cash this kid out in a high risk low reward fight, no matter how much fans want to see him tested right now

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:51 am

thats the problem with too many belts is because some say that he is still young and should move along slowly. i always say that i wouldnt mind it if nobody (like his promotor or people in his corner) called him the champion. if they didnt, then i would say that he is a top 5 guy in the division and has to prove that he is the champion. he hasnt proven he is the man at 154 and until he does, he shouldnt be called any sort of champion.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:56 am

i agree, i guess part of it is because i dont consider him a champion yet. ive just always taken #1 in the division as champ none of this bs strap crap. if he somehow fights and beats cotto in may i will give this kid all the credit in the world because that is no joke at 22 years old. as of now he looks like a very talented fighter who hits like a truck lol the power on his combination punches is insane.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:26 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:i agree, i guess part of it is because i dont consider him a champion yet. ive just always taken #1 in the division as champ none of this bs strap crap. if he somehow fights and beats cotto in may i will give this kid all the credit in the world because that is no joke at 22 years old. as of now he looks like a very talented fighter who hits like a truck lol the power on his combination punches is insane.

they aren't straps. they are useless trinkets. Laughing

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:57 pm

useless trinkets phoney titles..i believe contrary to others especialy the cash out thoughts which i absolutely dont believe in that alvarez next year will indeed fight cotto or floyd maybe even both.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top