The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Paul Williams vs Lara fight is the reason boxing is failing

+12
dbudge
Gumby
Diego408
Tobe
kbyte
GrantZilla
ScottLevinson
captainanddew
hardcorebee24
Shaun
NJBeatdown86
Soonermark890
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Paul Williams vs Lara fight is the reason boxing is failing - Page 3 Empty Re: The Paul Williams vs Lara fight is the reason boxing is failing

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:04 am

The Paul Williams vs Lara fight is the reason boxing is failing - Page 3 ExhibitA

ABC President Timothy J. Lueckenoff has been sent screen shots of Judge Hilton Whitaker II during the Williams – Lara and has shared these photos with other ABC officers which are in a consulting mode as a result.

“There is some issue with the way Whitaker is holding his score card throughout the fight, Williams’s promoter sitting behind him, and the USBO President sitting beside a sitting judge. It is inappropriate to say the least and we have advised Aaron Davis to get a copy of the fight and review it.”

We asked Mr. Lueckenoff, if Mr. Whitaker was correct in the way he was waving around the scorecard and could it be perceived conflict of interest the way the seating was.

“No our judges are not to hold their scorecards in this manner, an officer of a sanctioning body should not be seated next to a judge, and if Goossen was looking at a scorecard he should have been removed from that seat or asked to leave. Yes, it has the appearance of a conflict of interest, which is not good for boxing. At my fights I always have one of our officials on either side of a judge. Even if nothing is going on it just looks wrong”

Tim was asked if Mr. Hilton Whitaker Jr. was an accredited judge with the ABC and we were informed, “Mr. Whitaker has never attended one of our seminars or been accredited through us.

The Paul Williams vs Lara fight is the reason boxing is failing - Page 3 Williams_lara2The Paul Williams vs Lara fight is the reason boxing is failing - Page 3 Williams_lara1
https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com/post?t=4193&mode=reply
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

The Paul Williams vs Lara fight is the reason boxing is failing - Page 3 Empty Re: The Paul Williams vs Lara fight is the reason boxing is failing

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:03 am

There is no doubt in my mind the judges were dirty. This will get swept under the carpet just like the woman who took a $200,000 bribe in Holyfield/Lewis 1.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:07 am

Canvas wrote:There is no doubt in my mind the judges were dirty. This will get swept under the carpet just like the woman who took a $200,000 bribe in Holyfield/Lewis 1.

What's this ??

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:16 am

This was a fixed fight no doubt in my mind.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Ali wrote:
Canvas wrote:There is no doubt in my mind the judges were dirty. This will get swept under the carpet just like the woman who took a $200,000 bribe in Holyfield/Lewis 1.

What's this ??

Williams, the American judge who gave the prepostorous score in Holyfield's favour in the first Lewis fight. She was an office clerk who made 39 grand a year, suddenly a large deposit shows up in her bank account that couldn't be traced. It was never investigated.

Don King was Holyfield's promoter at the time. King testified before congress that he had nothing to do with the outcome of the fight.

I have heard whispers that the amount of money was between 30 and 200 grand.

add- She was going through a bankruptcy at the time as well if I remember right. You have to remember this was before the internet was really big. If you could withstand the heat, the media would just kind of forget about things and move on to the next story...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:22 pm

here is an article I searched : http://articles.nydailynews.com/1999-11-11/news/18123313_1_world-boxing-association-lennox-lewis-evander-holyfield-boxing-judges

if you spend some time and research this, I'm sure you'll find all sorts of the info that I am trying to recall off the top of my head.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:34 pm

I remember being at Darryl Pinckney vs Tracy Harris Patterson. Eugenia Williams was judging & her card was so far off my friend that managed Darryl actually asked her "What fucking fight were you watching?"
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Thanks Canvas.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:08 pm

The desicion was paid for Via Goossen (shit like this happens all the time). Dont expect any justice on a no decision or things along the lines of it. As boxing fans, we take to account Lara is the better fighter by far and Williams is down side of his career. Williams does not belong in the same ring as Martinez, it will be criminal to make that fight considering its highly possible Martinez sends him to the Hospital again. Lara should continue on and looks to have a promising career. he will get another shot.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:10 pm

I think if boxing powers refuse to do shit because they are too corrupt, that should not stop BoxRec, The Ring, ESPN, and any other legit media and record site to rule the fight a No Contest.

As far as I'm concern, it's not going against an official ruling, because there was nothing offical about those judges.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:58 pm

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Not good enough. Needs to be ruled a No Contest, and they should never be allowed to judge a fight again. EVER
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Finally, it's about time judging was clamped down on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:48 pm

They now need to overturn the rulling.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:21 pm

That's a peice of surprisingly good news. I hope this makes other commissions think twice about letting third (fourth?) tier judges anywhere near a fight at that level again.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Tobe wrote:That's a peice of surprisingly good news. I hope this makes other commissions think twice about letting third (fourth?) tier judges anywhere near a fight at that level again.

I'd like to be optimistic, but this shit will continue to go. Every State does there own shit. Like Texas. They'll licence anybody. Fuck, they'd licence Betty White to fight Vitali Klitschko in Texas.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:40 pm

I honestly don't care about the changing the ruling. Lara will have another shot and PW is nearing retirement. Also, suspending the judges is a band aid fix. The problem is much bigger than those three judges.

It seems like boxing uses a completely subjective system with no accountability. Every judge should have to post their round by round card and submit notes on who they saw winning the round and why.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3