The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erislandy Lara is calling out Paul Williams

3 posters

Go down

Erislandy Lara is calling out Paul Williams Empty Erislandy Lara is calling out Paul Williams

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=38298#ixzz1K5GywIkR

Junior middleweight contender Erislandy Lara (15-0-1, 10KOs) wants to redeem his worth after the recent lackluster performance against Carlos Molina at the Cosmopilitan Resort and Hotel in Las Vegas. In his televised main event on ESPN in March, Lara fought Molina to a ten round majority draw in their March meeting.

Lara wants to silence his critics by facing the comebacking Paul "The Punisher" Williams (39-2, 27KOs). A Williams return is being organized for an HBO televised date in July. It's going to be Williams' first bout since last November's two round knockout defeat to Sergio Martinez.

"I want to prove I had an off-night. I know Paul Williams is returning in July on HBO and he doesn't have an opponent. I want that fight. I saw Deandre Latimore calling him out on BoxingScene, but who the hell is Latimore? If Williams accepts my challenge, I will finish where Martinez left off. After I'm done with him, there won't be any further returns because I'll end his career," Lara said.

Latimore or Lara? Who would you rather see?

Either fight is a good comeback opponent for Paul at 154
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Erislandy Lara is calling out Paul Williams Empty Re: Erislandy Lara is calling out Paul Williams

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Anyone will do, Paul needs to get his ass back in the ring already.

Back to top Go down

Erislandy Lara is calling out Paul Williams Empty Re: Erislandy Lara is calling out Paul Williams

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:22 pm

If Lara wants to "silence his critics", why doesn't he rematch Molina first, win convincingly, and then start calling out some upper tier level fighters? Who does he think he is, anyway????
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:25 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:If Lara wants to "silence his critics", why doesn't he rematch Molina first, win convincingly, and then start calling out some upper tier level fighters? Who does he think he is, anyway????
+1
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down