The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Williams says Lara ran

4 posters

Go down

Williams says Lara ran  Empty Williams says Lara ran

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:39 am

Former champion Paul Williams doesn't understand the repeated comments regarding junior middleweight Erislandy Lara being robbed in their July fight. Williams (40-2, 27KOs) won a close twelve round majority decision over Lara (15-1, 10KOs), with many believing the Cuban fighter had done enough to win the fight. The scores were 114-114, 116-114 and 115-114. Williams returns on February 18th against upset king Nobuhiro Ishida (24-6-2, 9KOs) of Japan. Lara fights a week earlier on February 11th against Ronald Hearns.

"Of course I beat Lara. Watch the fight again. I threw more punches, and landed more punches. What all of a sudden they don’t count body shots no more? He may have landed the clean “ohhh-wee” shots but I brought the fight to him the whole fight while he ran. I may have not got the “ohhh-wee” shots but I landed more shots, and threw more punches. I was busier," Williams told boxingtalk.com.

If both of them come through in February, Williams has no problem doing a rematch.

“There are always going to be close calls, close fights. I like when people talk bad about me because they motivate me. I have to take the good with the bad. Every day will not be a good day. I had an off night my last few fights, but the fight with Lara I pulled it off to get the win. If my manager and my team choose that fight for me, then of course I want to get back in the ring with him," Williams said

http://tinyurl.com/84dgrdn

This cat is a real moron isn't he
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Williams says Lara ran  Empty Re: Williams says Lara ran

Post  captainanddew Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:51 am

I saw this earlier. What is more suprising: PW thinks he won that fight or that PW didn't say "You know what I'm saying," one time during the entire interview?

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:28 am

from boxingscene. Great comeback by Lara:

Who told this guy to keep talking? Shut up! You got your *ss beat for twelve rounds hard. Roy Jones kept tell you to retire [during the broadcast]. Stop talking about the fight and let's run it back if your pretty little heart desires. How about that Paula Abdul, stop singing and start fighting. I'm tired of this guy. I'm losing tons of respect for him. As a matter fact when I look at the fight I realize how terrible your skills are and how [trainer George] Peterson was telling you 'son we need a knockout.' So before you mention my name ever again make sure you say 'that boy Lara beat my motherf***ing *ss and my momma seen it, my wife seen it, my whole family in Carolina seen it. You know know what I'm sayin?"
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Rematch should of been done right away...
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:50 am

captainanddew wrote:from boxingscene. Great comeback by Lara:

Who told this guy to keep talking? Shut up! You got your *ss beat for twelve rounds hard. Roy Jones kept tell you to retire [during the broadcast]. Stop talking about the fight and let's run it back if your pretty little heart desires. How about that Paula Abdul, stop singing and start fighting. I'm tired of this guy. I'm losing tons of respect for him. As a matter fact when I look at the fight I realize how terrible your skills are and how [trainer George] Peterson was telling you 'son we need a knockout.' So before you mention my name ever again make sure you say 'that boy Lara beat my motherf***ing *ss and my momma seen it, my wife seen it, my whole family in Carolina seen it. You know know what I'm sayin?"

No way his English is that good, but pretty much a perfect comeback. I'd love for the rematch to happen.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down