The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What boxer do you think is the next future star?

+9
gomez1012
Gumby
jz_hova
GrantZilla
Rum Capital
kbyte
hardcorebee24
Shaun
Soonermark890
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What boxer do you think is the next future star? Empty What boxer do you think is the next future star?

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:06 pm

This is my choice. I didnt go with some of the most obvious.
What boxer do you think is the next future star? 1250848502tavoris-cloud

I think Cloud has all the makings of a star. I think right now he would beat Pascal, Bhop, or Dawson. I really hope he gets the chance soon.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What boxer do you think is the next future star? Empty Re: What boxer do you think is the next future star?

Post  Shaun Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Bute, Ward, Khan, Bradley, Haye
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

What boxer do you think is the next future star? Empty Re: What boxer do you think is the next future star?

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Cloud has alot of work to do. Both Pascal and Dawson have more notable victories and have fought better competition than Cloud. I don't think Cloud can beat Dawson on a good Dawson night. Cloud also has ZERO charisma and his two step ups in competition against faded ex champs he looked very mortal. I think the real and next star in that division is fighting at 168. I see Bute beating the 168 tourney winner then moving up to take th 175 pound crown. I do not think Cloud has what it takes.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Khan Artist and Canelo Alvarez....I really hope Canelo turns out to be the real deal.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:20 pm

kahn, canelo, david lemieux, james kirkland (if he stays out of trouble)
and if he wins next weekend NONITO DONAIRE
btw im really high on gennady golovkin but if he wants to be a star he's going to have to come and conquer america but first he has to take out sturm and btw things are going sturm is going to avoid this dude for a LOOOOOONG time.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:57 pm

What boxer do you think is the next future star? 20100107boystov001
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:52 am

Soonermark890 wrote:This is my choice. I didnt go with some of the most obvious.
What boxer do you think is the next future star? 1250848502tavoris-cloud

I think Cloud has all the makings of a star. I think right now he would beat Pascal, Bhop, or Dawson. I really hope he gets the chance soon.

Khan comes to mind. I think he is a couple wins away

but

after Nonito Donaire KO's Montiel he will be a star

jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:41 am

Amir Khan, Nonito Donaire, JuanMa and Saul Alvarez.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:47 am

I don't see anyone. If Donaire can get to FW and take down the top talent he can. Amir Khan if he cleans out 140. Those are both maybes too.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:12 pm

GrantZilla wrote:What boxer do you think is the next future star? 20100107boystov001
Boystov? Right?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:17 pm

kbyte wrote:Khan Artist and Canelo Alvarez....I really hope Canelo turns out to be the real deal.

+1

JuanMa if he keeps up the brawls w/KOs

Pavlik can get back to the top at MW
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Donaire has a rather interesting opponent. We'll see about him though I would venture to say he has to followup a victory over Montiel (if he gets by Montiel) with more activity and stronger opponents than he has done since the victory over Vic D.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Superstar? That means somebody with some type of ability that I've never seen before. Not saying they have to be the best, just original and at least at some point in their career, appear to be invincible. Manny Pacquiao is a superstar. Leonard, Duran, Hearns, Ali, ect - superstars. I see no superstars on the horizon at this time.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Frank wrote:Superstar? That means somebody with some type of ability that I've never seen before. Not saying they have to be the best, just original and at least at some point in their career, appear to be invincible. Manny Pacquiao is a superstar. Leonard, Duran, Hearns, Ali, ect - superstars. I see no superstars on the horizon at this time.

He said Future Star.

Hearns (my favorite fighter of all time) and Duran (a guy in my top five) never seemed invincible to me. Neither does Manny. They were all in fact Superstars in the sport but each were/are vulnerable in their own way.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Why hopefuly this CBS thing is just the begening and we start seeing fights back on network Tv.

Fact is, fighters do not have enough exposure to become stars. Oscar was last fighter become big on network TV and when Olympic boxing was actualy covered.

Mayweather and Pac became big names by beating Oscar. Who the fuck knows if Mayweather will fight again, and I don't see anyone beating him, because won't fight anyone that has any chance at beating him.

Maybe someone beating Pac will become a star. But trend with Pac career is, he isn't going to fight any young lions.

So if say Mosley get's an upset and beats Pac, it does nothing for boxing. Mosley old and on the decline.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:10 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Frank wrote:Superstar? That means somebody with some type of ability that I've never seen before. Not saying they have to be the best, just original and at least at some point in their career, appear to be invincible. Manny Pacquiao is a superstar. Leonard, Duran, Hearns, Ali, ect - superstars. I see no superstars on the horizon at this time.

He said Future Star.

Hearns (my favorite fighter of all time) and Duran (a guy in my top five) never seemed invincible to me. Neither does Manny. They were all in fact Superstars in the sport but each were/are vulnerable in their own way.
Same thing hardcore. Also, coming up in the ranks, both Hearns and Duran looked unbeatable next to ordinary fighters.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:32 pm

You don't think there is anyone that looks unbeatable?

My pick is Jose Benevides Jr.

Hearns coming up (amateurs) had a relatively low Ko percentage it was actually non existent.
Duran was beaten early in his career.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:56 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:You don't think there is anyone that looks unbeatable?

My pick is Jose Benevides Jr.

Hearns coming up (amateurs) had a relatively low Ko percentage it was actually non existent.
Duran was beaten early in his career.
Good pick. I've been watching Jose for a while as well. We'll see.

Hearns was 32-0 with 30 KOs the night he fought Leonard. Nobody ever suggested he looked invincible as an amateur.

Before his fight with Leonard, Duran was 69-1 with 55 KOs. He had two KO victories over DeJesus (The man you're referring to who beat him via 10 round decision.) and was generally regarded as the best lightweight champion ever.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Tyson Fury

What boxer do you think is the next future star? 686644_o

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:02 pm

Ali wrote:Tyson Fury

Kimbo Slice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Canvas wrote:
Ali wrote:Tyson Fury

Kimbo Slice

Don't mock Fury, with Steward behind him HW's will cower in fear at his deadly uppercuts.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:09 pm

With Steward behind him, he no longer will be entertaining club fighter, but a boring jabber club fighter
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Sparring with Wlad will do wonders for Fury, plus he'll get to rub shoulders with Cotto.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:03 pm

Frank wrote:Good pick. I've been watching Jose for a while as well. We'll see.

Hearns was 32-0 with 30 KOs the night he fought Leonard. Nobody ever suggested he looked invincible as an amateur.

Before his fight with Leonard, Duran was 69-1 with 55 KOs. He had two KO victories over DeJesus (The man you're referring to who beat him via 10 round decision.) and was generally regarded as the best lightweight champion ever.

In order to the bold:

Against journeymen and tomato cans (save for Pipino Cuevas and Eddie Gazzo) over a four year carefully guided career.

Again, save for Ken Buchanon, Duran had a four year carefully guided career against nobodies. In his second step up in competition Duran was knocked down in the first round and beaten solidly over the next nine rounds by Esteban DeJesus.

I'm not knocking either Hearns or Duran. I'm putting them on the impossible pedestal that you are putting today's fighters on. I'm proving that invincibility doesn't make a superstar or even a future star because both of your examples were beaten in their second big fight. You basically agree with Sooner then because Tavoris Cloud KO'd 18 of his first 19 opponents.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Frank wrote:Good pick. I've been watching Jose for a while as well. We'll see.

In order to the bold:

Against journeymen and tomato cans (save for Pipino Cuevas and Eddie Gazzo) over a four year carefully guided career.

Again, save for Ken Buchanon, Duran had a four year carefully guided career against nobodies. In his second step up in competition Duran was knocked down in the first round and beaten solidly over the next nine rounds by Esteban DeJesus.

I'm not knocking either Hearns or Duran. I'm putting them on the impossible pedestal that you are putting today's fighters on. I'm proving that invincibility doesn't make a superstar or even a future star because both of your examples were beaten in their second big fight. You basically agree with Sooner then because Tavoris Cloud KO'd 18 of his first 19 opponents.
Hardcore, you're riding a dead horse. My point is that most great fighters, from Oscar to Leonard, looked great coming up in the ranks. They destroyed all their opposition. Where Duran is concerned, he beat "Ken Buchanen" for the lightweight title and then fought guys like "Vilomar Fernandez" (Who defeated Alexis Arguello) and Edwin Viruet. Entering the WW division, he fought and outlclassed the dangerous "Carlos Palomino" and followed that up with a defeat of Ray Leonard in Montreal. During the time Ali was fighting, Duran was one of the few fighters that captured the imagination of the pubic. When the sun is out, you can't see the stars, however Duran was well known at this point.

Hearns was a terminator coming up in the ranks and horrified his competition. He fought the best the division had to offer in terms of contenders and destroyed them before taking on Cuevas. Ever hear the name Randy Shields? Bruce Curry (owns 3 knockdowns over Wilfred Benitez) or Harold Weston (good solid contender)? He knocked out all out in horrifying fashion with little or no trouble.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next