The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Rank fights on CBS in the future?

4 posters

Go down

Top Rank fights on CBS in the future? Empty Top Rank fights on CBS in the future?

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:25 am

Arum been talking about doing this for a couple years now with CBS-Showtime synergy.

This is an article by Hauser from 2008

A Showtime-CBS alliance could change that equation; particularly where pay-per-view is concerned. "Think about the synergy we could have," Bob Arum said recently. "A countdown show on CBS; promos on college football and NFL telecasts."

But HBO now seems intent on signing a long-term output deal with Golden Boy. Should that happen, other promoters will have added incentive to bring fights to Showtime if Hershman can offer something more than he currently puts on the table.

That's where synergy comes in. CBS is a very attractive platform for helping to build a fight and a fighter.

"Boxing is handicapped because it's playing to such a small audience," says Top Rank president Todd DuBoef. "Whether it's CBS and Showtime or ABC and ESPN, if 120,000,000 homes were available to expose content, it would be magic."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3455230
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Top Rank fights on CBS in the future? Empty Re: Top Rank fights on CBS in the future?

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:26 pm

A perfect fight for CBS would be JuanMa vs Gamboa.

Back to top Go down

Top Rank fights on CBS in the future? Empty Re: Top Rank fights on CBS in the future?

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Ali wrote:A perfect fight for CBS would be JuanMa vs Gamboa.

Super Six Final

Hopkins vs Pascal II
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:19 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Super Six Final

Hopkins vs Pascal II

Those aren't Top Rank though.

Acosta vs Rios winner vs Antillon vs Soto II winner.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Ali wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Super Six Final

Hopkins vs Pascal II

rios on network tv??? lol
they have to bleep out every other word during the interview..IM ALL FOR IT Very Happy
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
Ali wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Super Six Final

Hopkins vs Pascal II

rios on network tv??? lol
they have to bleep out every other word during the interview..IM ALL FOR IT Very Happy

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:27 pm

True, but still could feature more than just Top Rank fights like they have doing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:32 pm

gomez1012 wrote:True, but still could feature more than just Top Rank fights like they have doing

I'd love for the final to be live on CBS, just imagine more American's having to listen to " COME ON CARL HE'S USELESS".

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Ali wrote:I'd love for the final to be live on CBS, just imagine more American's having to listen to " COME ON CARL HE'S USELESS".

I dunno. Her being hot as fuck realy helps. Hell, she's a massive step up from that butt-ugly Umpa Lumpa that is Snooki
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:33 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:I'd love for the final to be live on CBS, just imagine more American's having to listen to " COME ON CARL HE'S USELESS".

I dunno. Her being hot as fuck realy helps. Hell, she's a massive step up from that butt-ugly Umpa Lumpa that is Snooki

I would.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Come on Ali, are your standards that low? I mean, is Scotland full of butt ugly women or something?

Snooki? Seriouly, she's straight up butt fucking ugly!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:18 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Come on Ali, are your standards that low? I mean, is Scotland full of butt ugly women or something?

Snooki? Seriouly, she's straight up butt fucking ugly!

How could you turn down this goddess ?

Top Rank fights on CBS in the future? Snooki

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Top Rank fights on CBS in the future? MrYuk
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Just think of that picture next time you make whuppie with Mrs Zilla.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Wow Ali

Lady Gaga, Snooki???

Its like a drunk oompa loompa, GROSS
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm sorry. Even after a dozen beers I'm not touching that skank.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:33 pm

captainanddew wrote:I'm sorry. Even after a dozen beers I'm not touching that skank.

Come on Captain you know you would love to smush smush with Snooki.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:I'm sorry. Even after a dozen beers I'm not touching that skank.

I don't get with oompa loompas.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:44 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

I don't get with oompa loompas.

Heightest !!!

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Top Rank president Todd DuBoef, Arum’s son-in-law, was a driving force behind the concept, believing such a partnership with CBS and SHOWTIME would open the far wider doors of terrestrial (free) TV to boxing, which grew its sport on free television exposure in its last glory days of the 1970s and ‘80s.

“Todd realized more so than I did that boxing was being diminished by the (shrinking) size of its universe (primarily on premium cable outlets HBO and SHOWTIME),’’ Arum said. “In 1978 I did Ali-(Leon) Spinks in New Orleans. The rights fee from ABC was $5.5 million. That’s more than HBO pays for a fight today so don’t tell me it can’t be done (boxing on free TV). It can’t be done if we can’t sell sponsors but we’ll sell sponsors. I believe this fight, this arrangement, is a sea change in the sport of boxing.’’

Arum’s company will work to bring sponsors to the event, an effort Arum believes will convince network television executives that the sport can be sold for a profit.

“For years network executives have said they can’t get sponsors. They can’t get sponsors because their sales staff doesn’t know how to sell boxing. They haven’t done it in years. Once they see there is sponsor money for boxing they damn well will come back to boxing but they’re not going to do that naked. It’s easier for them just to go sell the NFL.

“We have a certain number of spots that are ours and we have good relationships with a lot of sponsors. We’ll sell them and we’ll help them sell their ads to sponsors. They’re going to see the sponsors’ support for it. Once that happens it’s a new day for boxing.’’

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles-frontpage/11941-arum-and-pacquiao-might-be-bringing-boxing-back
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down