The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALAN GREENS FUTURE

3 posters

Go down

ALAN GREENS FUTURE Empty ALAN GREENS FUTURE

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:13 am

when sooner kept praising this guy i promised him id check him out on youtube..i did and there were a few things i saw that i liked.a good left hook decent finishing skills and a capable boxer. i told sooner at that time he won me over as a green fan..what i didnt realize was green was shinning against tomatoe can..
there are TWO things i feel are necessary to survive as a fighter and cannot be taught by any trainer..its heart and mental toughness.2 examples of great fighters who used it as a hallmark to greatness are marciano and basilio...another fighter who used it to capture the heart of boxing fans was arturo gotti....green lacks both and will NEVER come close to having it..he had his moments in the sun with 2 big fights and failed big time.he is not a world class fighter..his future at best is at light heavy where the competion isnt as deep as 168 and its fighting guys ranked from 15-25 as his big fight challenges.thoses fights will be espn fights..he can remain a local popular fighter for a few more years but thats it..a fighter without heart and mental toughness i cannot be a fan of.

Back to top Go down

ALAN GREENS FUTURE Empty Re: ALAN GREENS FUTURE

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:37 am

when i first saw green fight some years back, i thought that he was going to be a really good fighter in the future. the problem is that at that time, i couldnt see those mental weaknesses against his weak competition. he had pretty good boxing ability though. after his last 2 fights, ive realized that he just wont be a top guy.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:50 am

Yep, Green could shine at times against mediocre competition, but he showed in the Miranda fight that although he was good at dishing out punishment, he couldn't take it very well. Green has some talent, but no toughness or heart, when he's pressured, or gets in a dog fight with better competition, he will always lose.

P.S. Before Green got KTFO, he'd been hurt several times in earlier rounds.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:52 am

powerpuncher wrote:when i first saw green fight some years back, i thought that he was going to be a really good fighter in the future. the problem is that at that time, i couldnt see those mental weaknesses against his weak competition. he had pretty good boxing ability though. after his last 2 fights, ive realized that he just wont be a top guy.
Yep its time for me to realize that he is just a journey man. Its sad because physically he has all the tools. He is tall long reach with a big punch. Oh well I still have Comanche boy.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:56 am

He definitely will never be a top guy in the future. I agree the mental toughness was not there and probably never was, but he's nowhere near as physically good as I had thought. Both Ward and Johnson threw harder punches than him, were faster, and were stronger. I thought at least one (if not two) of those advantages would go to Green in those fights.

He looks much scrawnier to me than when I saw him blow out cans. He was literally muscled all around the ring by Ward and Johnson. And his balance does not look good (but that could be a result of the pressure from his competition). I always thought his issues were his D and his pace, but now it looks like he had no top level skills in any aspect of the game. Is that true or did his injuries, age, and training take something out of him? Was that a prime Allan Green last night or was his time wasted on cans?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:57 pm

Nice post. Watching his reaction being knocked down my thought was "Glenn is a fighter, Greene is not." Get knocked down by what you think is an illegal punch? Here's what a fighter does

1. Gets up
2. Fights back
3. Complains later

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:59 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Nice post. Watching his reaction being knocked down my thought was "Glenn is a fighter, Greene is not." Get knocked down by what you think is an illegal punch? Here's what a fighter does

1. Gets up
2. Fights back
3. Complains later
I agree. As much as I want to argue with all you guys I cant. Sad
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content