The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teddy Atlas picks Margo?

+3
flapanther2001
gomez1012
Soonermark890
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Teddy Atlas picks Margo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Teddy Atlas picks Margo?

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:47 pm

dmar5143 wrote:that makes a differnce..if money goes on margo it will drop to 3-1..im not sure then the price is right at thoses odds..to me its dont touch..whats the over and under.
Right now as it stands...... * Over 9.5 rounds: +130
* Under 9.5 rounds: -170
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:56 pm

interesting..i was thinking a 10 round or under..how do you view the fight..if margo wins it will be by a ko inside the 9.5..not a descion or a late round ko..soo its 100 percent for a margo win inside the 9.5..on pac hes odds i think of winning is 70 percent by descion..30 percent by a stopage .2 thirds of that stopage under 9.5 ..i hope that helps cause thats how i see it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:39 pm

I don't care much for Teddy Atlas, he's somewhat entertaining on FNF, but I don't take anything he says seriously.

Last edited by Ring on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:45 am

Ring wrote:I don't care much for Teddy Atlas, he's somewhat entertaining on FNF, but I don't anything he says seriously.
I'm right with ya buddy. TA seems very impulsive. Honestly, I think his place in history is exposing "Mike Tyson's" anti - social personality disorder. After that, he's sort of a side show.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:42 am

teddy is a good trainer but as a commentater he does know his stuff but as pointed out enjoys maybe going against the grain..to me teddy and max kellermen are similar.knowledgeable yes and theres something a person can like about both but more things you can dislike about them.1.is lol they talk to much.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:49 am

dmar5143 wrote:teddy is a good trainer but as a commentater he does know his stuff but as pointed out enjoys maybe going against the grain..to me teddy and max kellermen are similar.knowledgeable yes and theres something a person can like about both but more things you can dislike about them.1.is lol they talk to much.
Well said, dmar. Someone has to tell them that the announcer is not the event. Don Dumphy knew this and it became a major part of his brilliance as an annoucer. Don was famous for letting the action speak for itself and coming in at exactly the right time. This method makes the fight look much more dramatic than some motor mouth screaming his head off. God, I miss that guy.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:52 am

dmar5143 wrote:interesting..i was thinking a 10 round or under..how do you view the fight..if margo wins it will be by a ko inside the 9.5..not a descion or a late round ko..soo its 100 percent for a margo win inside the 9.5..on pac hes odds i think of winning is 70 percent by descion..30 percent by a stopage .2 thirds of that stopage under 9.5 ..i hope that helps cause thats how i see it.

I think Margo can get a late KO. He comes on late in fights (against Clottey, Cotto, PW, etc...). If he is landing some body shots and uppercuts in the first 6 rounds without Manny tagging him at will, he may be able to walk Manny down late. That is the scenario I see for him to win. Not get seriously compromised early. Slow down and damage Manny enough to up the pressure late in the fight and get a stoppage.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:28 am

I'll say it again. The thing I love most about this fight is that it's actually going to happen. Also, I honestly didn't expect it to capture the imagination of people on this board. It's actually gone from a laugher to a superfight. I love it. The anticipation is magical. So, what if we are creating it because we're absolutely desperate for a super fight. We have the right to be happy. Very Happy

Also, and this is no exaggeration, I think this board could promote the fight a million times better than Arum and the rest of his cronies. I'm a Pac fan who has become concerned from what you guys are saying.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:33 am

Frank wrote:
Ring wrote:I don't care much for Teddy Atlas, he's somewhat entertaining on FNF, but I don't take anything he says seriously.
I'm right with ya buddy. TA seems very impulsive. Honestly, I think his place in history is exposing "Mike Tyson's" anti - social personality disorder. After that, he's sort of a side show.

Teddy "re-invented" himself after failing as a boxer into a trainer/announcer, I think he's a fucking phony at both.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:39 am

Ring wrote:
Frank wrote:
Ring wrote:I don't care much for Teddy Atlas, he's somewhat entertaining on FNF, but I don't take anything he says seriously.

Teddy "re-invented" himself after failing as a boxer into a trainer/announcer, I think he's a fucking phony at both.
Ring, I tried to pull punches on this one, but I agree with you. I never took him seriously.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:03 pm

dmar5143 wrote:speed is an asset but to punch and hit you have to be in margos range.this is where timing and instint negate speed..margos timming that is.
Thats why you give him angles and you move in and out. Something pac seems to be very good at. I personally think that Margo is tailor made for Pac. His style is perfect. He is a slow guy with limited skills and he is on his way down and might be done.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2