The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATLAS PICKS WILLIAMS TO LOSE

4 posters

Go down

ATLAS PICKS WILLIAMS TO LOSE Empty ATLAS PICKS WILLIAMS TO LOSE

Post  dmar5143 Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:28 am

has williams gone downhill that much that he will lose what was viewed as a give me fight by his camp and others.look i dont view the japanesse guy as anything close to a world class fighter nor a genuine threat to most 154 or 160 pounders.
can williams lose to a guy that cant punch.a guy thats been beaten and decked by unknown C class fighters.the anser strangly is yes a good possibilty.
in the past all of us including myself have realized a fighter has slipped but felt he had more then enough to win with ease in a fight thats in reality a tune up fight.then they lose again and we start to realize somewhat the guy us not only done hes washed up to the point where he is now a b or c level fighter.we have seen that movie many times over yet we still view a fighter like williams somewhat still close to doing what he did in the past.
if williams loses then of course we have our anser.if he wins a close fight we have our anser..if he wins big by ko or a wide UD we have no anser.paul is in a no win cituation.
what ill look for when i view this fight tommorow..1.does williams set down on his punches and hit with speed and authority like before2.does he come in at angles punching3.does he actualy slip this guys counter punches even though the guy cant break an egg with a hammer4.dispite the other guys height does williams punch at thoses suprize angles5.did williams actualy develope a jab.6.or does williams fight the same old same old way getting hit a lot even though the other guy has a tiny punch.
7.after 7 rounds of action if it goes that far whats pauls conditioning look like.
if williams has done none of the improvements or possitive things hes in trouble dispite the fact the middle division is weak or the 154 pound one is so so.there are some guys that could tear him apart.
dont be impressed at all if he wins big instead look for some keys that will give us a glimpse of the anser.teddy must feel williams is done big time.that he will fight the same way only with less effectivness against a slug..maybe hes right.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

ATLAS PICKS WILLIAMS TO LOSE Empty Re: ATLAS PICKS WILLIAMS TO LOSE

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:07 am

not that Williams can't be hit by a right handed fighter, but what are his worst fights?
Quintana 1- Carlos hit him with alot of lead lefts. Often sneaking them before PW got off.
Martinez I and II- another southpaw
Lara-another southpaw

Has taking punches over the years taken anything out of PW? Probably, but I've never seen a right handed fighter land as easy as southpaws can against him. PW-declining but should have enough to beat Ishida-who was considered a decent fighter prior to the Kirkland fight, but a light hitting one.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 am

captain prior to the kirkland fight ishida was never considered to be a decent fighter.i dont think theres nothing in his record that should give us that impression before that fight.even with the upset i personaly dont feel hes a decent fighter.not yet anyway.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:56 am

Teddy wants me moonwalking naked.....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:58 pm

part of the reason he wasn't considered world class was obscurity,but that being said,doesn't teddy tipping williams to lose me he'll probably win by early ko? lol!

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down