The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teddy Atlas picks Margo?

+3
flapanther2001
gomez1012
Soonermark890
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Teddy Atlas picks Margo? Empty Teddy Atlas picks Margo?

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:01 am

Well now I know Pac is going to win. Teddy picked margo.

Boxing: "Pacquiao could get KO"
Teddy Atlas says Manny Pacquiao will lose to Antonio Margarito, and could get knocked out.

Pacman has stunned many boxing experts by moving up successfully from super-featherweight just a couple of years ago to rule at welterweight.

But now he takes another step into the unknown when he meets disgraced Mexican Margarito for the vacant WBC light-middleweight belt in Texas on November 13.

Highly respected trainer and broadcaster Atlas, writing in his column in Boxing News, believes it's one step too many for Pacquaio and says size WILL matter this time.

He said: "Manny Pacquiao is going to get beaten by Antonio Margarito on November 13. I wouldn't be surprised if Margarito knocked him out."

Atlas believes Pacquiao's recent wins over Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto came against faded opposition.

But he says the Pacman's last outing - a one-sided points defeat of Joshua Clottey at the same Cowboys Stadium venue where he'll meet Margarito - is evidence that the upset can happen on November 13.

"Clottey, during the whole fight - and of course I'm exaggerating to make a point - during the whole fight if he threw six punches, maybe it was 10 - but if he threw six punches, four of them landed. And they were uppercuts. Pacquaio's eye was almost closed.

"That is Exhibit A as to why I'm picking Margarito to have a hell of a chance to win this fight.

"He throws a pretty good uppercut. He really is the bigger, stronger guy. All those other guys Manny fought weren't bigger, stronger guys.

"So, in my eyes, Manny wasn't making the leap people thought he was. He is now."

Margarito has plenty to prove in his return to the big-time following that suspension for having illegal hand wraps ahead of his defeat by 'Sugar' Shane Mosley back in January 2009.

Pacquaio meanwhile will bid to maintain his sensational run of form to again bang the drum for a potential megamatch with P4P rival Floyd 'Money' Mayweather.

http://www.espnstar.com/other-sports/news/detail/item522086/Boxing:-%22Pacquiao-could-get-KO%22/
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Teddy Atlas picks Margo? Empty Re: Teddy Atlas picks Margo?

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:50 am

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu******

Why must Teddy ruin Margarito's night of redemption.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am

its official

Manny by KO is the outcome
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:10 pm

What do hardcore boxing fans think of Teddy? Just curious. My casual fan buddy thinks his word is Law.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:51 pm

Now I'm pissed off. I've been leaning toward laying down some mojo on that +575 that Margo is getting, but Teddy just Mushed it for me. He hasn't been correct in a month o' Sundays.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:24 pm

OUSooner wrote:What do hardcore boxing fans think of Teddy? Just curious. My casual fan buddy thinks his word is Law.

As what? As a trainer? I think he's excellent. As a commentator? He's erratic as hell. I love watching him because some of the time I learn from the guy and some of the time he's a verbal trainwreck.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:35 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
OUSooner wrote:What do hardcore boxing fans think of Teddy? Just curious. My casual fan buddy thinks his word is Law.

As what? As a trainer? I think he's excellent. As a commentator? He's erratic as hell. I love watching him because some of the time I learn from the guy and some of the time he's a verbal trainwreck.

I mean more as a fight analyst. Do you respect his opinion on fights?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:42 pm

OUSooner wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Yup. Folks here make fun of him because he has pet phrases he uses over and over again, but I don't think anybody questions that he knows his stuff.

Not a surprise. His mentor Cus D'amato knew everything there was to know about boxing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:45 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
OUSooner wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Yup. Folks here make fun of him because he has pet phrases he uses over and over again, but I don't think anybody questions that he knows his stuff.

Not a surprise. His mentor Cus D'amato knew everything there was to know about boxing.

Yeah I learned a little bit about Cus in the "Tyson" documentary that I really enjoyed. I always thought he(Teddy) was knowledgeable and respected but then I see fans take jabs at him here in there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:46 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Now I'm pissed off. I've been leaning toward laying down some mojo on that +575 that Margo is getting, but Teddy just Mushed it for me. He hasn't been correct in a month o' Sundays.
...iff you can actualy get thoses odds take it..the price is right on margo plus teddies due overdue to pick a winner.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:47 pm

OUSooner wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
OUSooner wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Yeah I learned a little bit about Cus in the "Tyson" documentary that I really enjoyed. I always thought he(Teddy) was knowledgeable and respected but then I see fans take jabs at him here in there.

he says some pretty outrageous things when there isn't a fight going on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Is there any movies or documentaries made about Cus?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:15 pm

OUSooner wrote:Is there any movies or documentaries made about Cus?

[Scratching head] I've never seen a dedicated one. Teddy Atlas' bio has a fair bit as does Jose Torres "Fire and Fear."

Form time to time Cus has appeared on various boxing TV shows. There was a great exchange he had with a young Ali talking about Joe Louis.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:18 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

[Scratching head] I've never seen a dedicated one. Teddy Atlas' bio has a fair bit as does Jose Torres "Fire and Fear."

Form time to time Cus has appeared on various boxing TV shows. There was a great exchange he had with a young Ali talking about Joe Louis.

The Tyson documentary talks about him a little bit. Seems like he would be an interesting guy to learn about.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:24 pm

OUSooner wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

The Tyson documentary talks about him a little bit. Seems like he would be an interesting guy to learn about.

A VERY strange guy. Began living at a gym as a young guy, a near paranoid, trained fighters for 50+ years. Had three well known champs, in Floyd Patterson Tyson and Jose Torres.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:50 pm

teddy is an entertaining and sometimes informative analyst. He stinks at picking fights.

Last edited by captainanddew on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:56 pm

captainanddew wrote:teddy is an entertaining and sometimes information analyst. He stinks at picking fights.
Yup and I am pumped that Pac is going to KO Margo.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if Teddy picked "Ralph Nader" to win the next presidential election. The guy's a little off. Though I'll admit, if Pac loses this fight, I'll have to bury my head in the sand. I think I've gone too far to just eat "Crow feet" as punishment.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Frank wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if Teddy picked "Ralph Nader" to win the next presidential election. The guy's a little off. Though I'll admit, if Pac loses this fight, I'll have to bury my head in the sand. I think I've gone too far to just eat "Crow feet" as punishment.
We dont eat crow here you know that Frank. We are in a palace we eat pheasant like Henry the VIII.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:23 pm

I think Teddy likes to make the controversial decision. I'm not sure if he tries to force himself too hard to "see" something no one else sees because he has a history of going in the opposite direction of most analysts and public opinion. Everyone picks Pac so he goes the other way.

It's an easy fight in Teddy's eyes. Pac's a special fighter, but this isn't Margo's first time in the ring with a special guy. He won't get rattled. Margo has the size and length. He's the bigger, stronger man. Pac can be dangerous because he's fast and quick, but as long as Margo uses his real-estate and keeps Pac at the end of his jab, he'll frustrate him all night. And then "Boom!" he'll find a home for that hook and uppercut.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Gumby wrote:I think Teddy likes to make the controversial decision. I'm not sure if he tries to force himself too hard to "see" something no one else sees because he has a history of going in the opposite direction of most analysts and public opinion. Everyone picks Pac so he goes the other way.

It's an easy fight in Teddy's eyes. Pac's a special fighter, but this isn't Margo's first time in the ring with a special guy. He won't get rattled. Margo has the size and length. He's the bigger, stronger man. Pac can be dangerous because he's fast and quick, but as long as Margo uses his real-estate and keeps Pac at the end of his jab, he'll frustrate him all night. And then "Boom!" he'll find a home for that hook and uppercut.
Margo likes to trade and I am not sure he will keep to a game plan. Its that speed of Pac that will kill him.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:52 pm

speed is an asset but to punch and hit you have to be in margos range.this is where timing and instint negate speed..margos timming that is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:10 pm

he did pick margo over cotto also just saying
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:36 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Now I'm pissed off. I've been leaning toward laying down some mojo on that +575 that Margo is getting, but Teddy just Mushed it for me. He hasn't been correct in a month o' Sundays.
...iff you can actualy get thoses odds take it..the price is right on margo plus teddies due overdue to pick a winner.
Actually I misquoted the line. Manny is (-575)..Margo is (+375). I am watching the line for changes, but it takes quite a bit of money to move a line. It's tough to get anybody to lay $575 to win $100, so I'm guessing the money will start going to the under dog, especially at almost 4-1 payoff.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:47 pm

that makes a differnce..if money goes on margo it will drop to 3-1..im not sure then the price is right at thoses odds..to me its dont touch..whats the over and under.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next