The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teddy Atlas realy doesn't like Pac

+5
SlickMoney
hardcorebee24
powerpuncher
gomez1012
GrantZilla
9 posters

Go down

Teddy Atlas realy doesn't like Pac Empty Teddy Atlas realy doesn't like Pac

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 17, 2011 4:41 pm

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Teddy Atlas realy doesn't like Pac Empty Re: Teddy Atlas realy doesn't like Pac

Post  gomez1012 Tue May 17, 2011 4:54 pm

What hapened to his email? Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 17, 2011 5:23 pm

gomez1012 wrote:What hapened to his email? Laughing

I don't know how he didn't get fired over that.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm

i do somewhat agree with teddy and there is always the skeptic so i dont really put too much attention into what he says.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue May 17, 2011 5:56 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:What hapened to his email? Laughing

I don't know how he didn't get fired over that.

Testament to how far boxing has fallen. Nobody cares that Atlas defamed the face of the sport and claimed proof that he never came up with. I agree he should have been fired or at least fined heavily, but it's boxing so nobody gives a shit.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2011 6:01 pm

i agree with hardcore..

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue May 17, 2011 6:04 pm

It obvious Tyson and Manny are at the top of Teddy's shit list.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue May 17, 2011 6:09 pm

SlickMoney wrote:It obvious Tyson and Manny are at the top of Teddy's shit list.

I wonder if Teddy has a beef with Freddie and this is where this all comes from. Think about it, Tyson and Roach are close, Moorer at one time is Roach's assistant etc. I don't know shit about the situation but two guys that Atlas had a falling out with became close with Roach.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue May 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Fuck Teddy Atlas!!!! [repeat]
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue May 17, 2011 9:34 pm

if I go to Friday Night fights again (I went to a February card), I'll take with me an exact printed breakdown of what Teddy said about Pac to give Teddy shit about it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed May 18, 2011 7:48 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:It obvious Tyson and Manny are at the top of Teddy's shit list.

I wonder if Teddy has a beef with Freddie and this is where this all comes from. Think about it, Tyson and Roach are close, Moorer at one time is Roach's assistant etc. I don't know shit about the situation but two guys that Atlas had a falling out with became close with Roach.
Very true. I'm backing you on this one, hardcore. Not hard to figure out an idiot like Atlas.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 8:15 am

Teddy does make some valid points, Manny's opponents since the Marquez rematch have been carfefully picked by Bob Arum, Freddie Roach and his matchmaker, they've orchestrated Manny into a superstar.

Freddie did after all wait a couple years before allowing Manny anywhere near Mosley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 9:13 am

teddy no doubt in my mind is downgrading pac any way he can including the tube of blood thing...pac was a star not a super star by beating the 3 mexican greats.JMM morales and barerra..oscar made him a super star and also made floyd a super star ..yes some of the fights lately have been mismatches and most of us realized that before..lets examine these fights honestly..1.oscar.oscar fought well against floyd.he fought stupid also by abanding his jab which cost him a win i feel.in that fight i feel oscar was close to being oscar.there was no real noticeable slippage..the forbes fight he tossed a shutout and dispite the commentators who were impressed i was not..although forbes was never koed he never fought guys of oscars caliber and i felt oscar could no longer pull the trigger on any given moment..the slippage was starting to enfold a bit.i felt oscars power was not to be feared like before..pac fights him and everyone felt that oscar was to big to strong to powerfull for the much smaller guy..what was left of the power could be enough against a smaller guy moving into oscar but not against a 154 or big 147 fighter..
no one including oscar had thought the realities of making 147 would drain him.nobody.freddie i think felt pacs speed would make pac win over 12 with no problem..its been done before in history..so teddies playing monday night quaterback.
hatton.the guy lost one fight.was in his prime at his best weight 140..if hatton was tailored made for pac how come teddy picked hatton to win..this was a exciting matchup but i felt hatton did not know how to fight.pac inside 12 i felt but in a war and hattons body punches and pacs weakness was a great concern..this was a smart matchup but not one without danger..teddies full of shit here.....clottey.first the guys bigger and stronger.has the power to do damage.again a lot of folks felt the fight was a risk..0noo one including freddie could predict this guy would cover up all night and not fight.no one.the fight had its risks but freddie and company felt pacs speed and power would result in a win.clottey was not cannon fodder as teddy wants to point out...
cotto.dismissed as damaged goods being in a few wars.bullshit.he lost one dam fight.thats it.i can name litterly 100s of fighters in the past who had far more wars suffered a bad defeat and fought and won or were extremly dangerous in a huge fight..tony demarco anyone in the 2nd basilio fight.
again teddy picked cotto to win.so did several others.during the 3rd and forth round freddie was going nuts when pac went up against the ropes or was tradding with him..even roach at that time felt this was to dangerous for pac to do..after round 4 freddie in the corner expressed his fear to pac..pac said dont worry i can handle it..this proves this was not carefull matchmaking or freddie would of not worried...the last 2 fights yes.mosley was washed up and everyone knew that.this was a mismatch ..margo.inactivity and he stunk his last 2 fights .a wide open punching bag made for pacs speed ..yes a fight that was made because it was little risk after a few rounds.
teddy says how about tim bradley..first teddy hes just arrived at the sceen.when does pac fight him..not oscar or hatton or clottey time.if pac did fight bradley instead of margo and pac would of knocked him senceless that night teddie would be sayiong he fought an inexperienced guy who beat nobody.carefull matchmaking....
again teddie you fuck pac did agree to giving blood the first fight.floyd wanted a 14 day cutoff pac 24 then 21..when pac said ok to the 14 day floyd changed his mind...
it looks to me that teddies impling yeah pacs a terrific fighter but hasnt proven himself a great one because the big challenges are a result of carefull matchmaking with setups because all the guys were washed up..fuck you.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 18, 2011 11:39 am

Ali wrote:Teddy does make some valid points, Manny's opponents since the Marquez rematch have been carfefully picked by Bob Arum, Freddie Roach and his matchmaker, they've orchestrated Manny into a superstar.

Freddie did after all wait a couple years before allowing Manny anywhere near Mosley.

you can pick apart any fighter's resume if you try hard enough.

Good matchmaking is part of being a solid promoter, you have to take some risks and they have done that.

People act like Manny's been an overwhelming favorite in all of his fights

Shit, you where picking Hatton and Margarito to abuse WapakMan

I picked David Diaz and Oscar over him!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed May 18, 2011 2:17 pm

I've come to the conclusion that, where boxing is concerned, Teddy Atlas is boderline retarded.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Frank wrote:I've come to the conclusion that, where boxing is concerned, Teddy Atlas is boderline retarded.

lmao! So true

How about that new Teddy Talk graphic? lol

"Water in the basement"
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed May 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Teddy just seems real set in his ways. He probably thinks Pac is suspect and doesn't like the hype around him so he refuses to give him his due respect. I also think he has some bias against foreign fighters.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Teddy is a classic contrarian.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content