The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arum after the Mora fight says Mosley is too old to fight Pac

3 posters

Go down

Arum after the Mora fight says Mosley is too old to fight Pac Empty Arum after the Mora fight says Mosley is too old to fight Pac

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:46 am

"I did and I read them saying Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round," Arum said. "To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40s but he always had that big, big punch like in the (Michael) Moorer fight.

"What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son."

Arum said he wouldn't be interested in playing the flakcatcher if he made a Shane-Manny bout at this point.

"I have to constantly be aware of this, the flak from the naysayers. We've faced with (Antonio) Margarito for Nov. 13 and we got real, instant flak. But now even the naysayers are looking at that just as a fight. Now the pendulum is swinging the other way and they're saying maybe Antonio is too strong or too big for Manny."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/boxing/09/20/pacquiao.mosley/index.html
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Arum after the Mora fight says Mosley is too old to fight Pac Empty Re: Arum after the Mora fight says Mosley is too old to fight Pac

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:49 am

i guess its true what they say..it can make you blind or make the mind deteriate..bob stop playing with yourself.

Back to top Go down

Arum after the Mora fight says Mosley is too old to fight Pac Empty Re: Arum after the Mora fight says Mosley is too old to fight Pac

Post  Tobe Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:10 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
"I have to constantly be aware of this, the flak from the naysayers. We've faced with (Antonio) Margarito for Nov. 13 and we got real, instant flak. But now even the naysayers are looking at that just as a fight. Now the pendulum is swinging the other way and they're saying maybe Antonio is too strong or too big for Manny."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/boxing/09/20/pacquiao.mosley/index.html

People are going to talk about the fight once it's been made and examine it, that's what fans and media do. Doesn't mean it's a good fight or that it should have been made - but what's there is there.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:21 pm

to paraphrase another Arum quote from recent years, "then he was lying, now he is telling the truth." He was just bullshiting about Mosley and now Mosley is a tough opponent. Captain rolls his eyes.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down