The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arum says the Prez will have to pay for Pac-Mosley PPV

4 posters

Go down

Arum says the Prez will have to pay for Pac-Mosley PPV Empty Arum says the Prez will have to pay for Pac-Mosley PPV

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:21 am

Barack Obama told Manny Pacquiao during an Oval Office meeting on Tuesday that he plans to watch the Filipino congressman’s welterweight title fight against Shane Mosley on May 7 in Las Vegas on pay-per-view.

“He’s the President of the United States, but he’s also a citizen of this country and he’ll have to pay for the show,” Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told Yahoo! Sports afterward, tongue firmly planted (I think) in cheek. “When I do a pay-per-view show, there are no exceptions

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16022011/58/obama-watch-pacquiao-pay-view.html

Better make sure he pays with his own money, Bob. Sure and fuck better not be paying with tax payers money. He spends enough of that already.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Arum says the Prez will have to pay for Pac-Mosley PPV Empty Re: Arum says the Prez will have to pay for Pac-Mosley PPV

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:23 am

Barack Obama is a saint, you'll regret losing him in 2012.

Back to top Go down

Arum says the Prez will have to pay for Pac-Mosley PPV Empty Re: Arum says the Prez will have to pay for Pac-Mosley PPV

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:46 am

Ali wrote:Barack Obama is a saint, you'll regret losing him in 2012.

Unfortunately, if the economy keeps improving, and the republicans can't come up with a viable presidential candidate in 2012, we'll have Obama, Hillary, and the rest of that rat's nest back in the White House.

P.S. Obama probably gets live streams for PPVs here at the BP.

Last edited by Ring on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:48 am

Ring wrote:

Unfortunately, if the economy keeps improving, and the republicans can't come up with a viable presidential candidate in 2012, we'll have Obama, Hillary, and the rest of that rat's nest back in the White House.

Pray this happens, otherwise the 2012 prophecy will come true.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:50 am

I am calling it now the tea party will fuck over the republicans in 2012. I believe they will branch off completely because there will not be a tea party candidate picked as the republican candidate and Obama will walk away with a victory.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I am calling it now the tea party will fuck over the republicans in 2012. I believe they will branch off completely because there will not be a tea party candidate picked as the republican candidate and Obama will walk away with a victory.

Naaa, I don't see that happening Mark, the teabaggers are imbeciles, but even they gotta know that branching off from the republican party would be a disaster for them. Chances are a teabagger would be offered the Vice Presidency in 2012, or some such shit to appease them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Ali wrote:
Ring wrote:

Pray this happens, otherwise the 2012 prophecy will come true.

Yeah, maybe that's the end of the world senario the Mayans were predicting = Sarah Palin & the republicans getting back in power in 2012. Suspect

Last edited by Ring on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Ring wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I am calling it now the tea party will fuck over the republicans in 2012. I believe they will branch off completely because there will not be a tea party candidate picked as the republican candidate and Obama will walk away with a victory.

Naaa, I don't see that happening Mark, the teabaggers are imbeciles, but even they gotta know that branching off from the republicans would be a disaster for them. Chances are a teabagger would be offered the Vice Presidency, or some such shit to appease them.

who cares anymore who is in office? Both of the political parties in the US are horrible. I have voted Republican over 85%(most often Democratic for local races) of the times I have been eligible to vote (approximately 16 years). The Republican Party doesn't stand for anything but opposition and lack of common sense. Look at things they did in the last 20 years; Deregulation of the financial sector? A good idea. The extent to which it was done, maybe not so much!! Less regulation in oil industry? good idea, but there has to be a balance between oil exploration and safety. Lower taxes-when the rates were very high for Reagan, then a great idea. Lowering them below the rates of the 1990s, I'm not sold.

Republicans complain about Obama's budget, which they should as it doesn't cut nearly enough. But they are not going to offer any real solution to our spending issues. Freezing or cutting discretionary spending is needed, but that is such a small part of our issues. Medicare, Social Security, Defense Spending, all need to be evaluated. There are specific things the Pentagon has argued need to be discontinued (large ticket items), but Republicans think they know better. Social security benefits, you need to raise the retirement age by a year or two for those 45 and under (tough luck as I am one of those). In addition you need to seriously evaluate means testing.

Agree or disagree with anything I have stated, I have no problem. But everyone on this board could have a more serious adult discussion about the role of government, prioritization, and spending than our elected leaders. SO FUCKING SAD.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:31 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ring wrote:

Naaa, I don't see that happening Mark, the teabaggers are imbeciles, but even they gotta know that branching off from the republicans would be a disaster for them. Chances are a teabagger would be offered the Vice Presidency, or some such shit to appease them.

who cares anymore who is in office? Both of the political parties in the US are horrible. I have voted Republican over 85%(most often Democratic for local races) of the times I have been eligible to vote (approximately 16 years). The Republican Party doesn't stand for anything but opposition and lack of common sense. Look at things they did in the last 20 years; Deregulation of the financial sector? A good idea. The extent to which it was done, maybe not so much!! Less regulation in oil industry? good idea, but there has to be a balance between oil exploration and safety. Lower taxes-when the rates were very high for Reagan, then a great idea. Lowering them below the rates of the 1990s, I'm not sold.

Republicans complain about Obama's budget, which they should as it doesn't cut nearly enough. But they are not going to offer any real solution to our spending issues. Freezing or cutting discretionary spending is needed, but that is such a small part of our issues. Medicare, Social Security, Defense Spending, all need to be evaluated. There are specific things the Pentagon has argued need to be discontinued (large ticket items), but Republicans think they know better. Social security benefits, you need to raise the retirement age by a year or two for those 45 and under (tough luck as I am one of those). In addition you need to seriously evaluate means testing.

Agree or disagree with anything I have stated, I have no problem. But everyone on this board could have a more serious adult discussion about the role of government, prioritization, and spending than our elected leaders. SO FUCKING SAD.

I believe the Republicans and the Dems, need to look at how "Slick Willie" Clinton was able to balance the budget during his presidency, if we don't turn this economy around, everyone is going to be fucked.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:21 pm

I wonder whom Obama will be rooting for?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:33 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I wonder whom Obama will be rooting for?

Seems like it would have to be the American fighter Mosley, but then why would Obama ask Pacquaio to come to the White House unless he was a big fan, who the fuck knows.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum