The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It makes sense why Arum wanted Mosley now

5 posters

Go down

It makes sense why Arum wanted Mosley now Empty It makes sense why Arum wanted Mosley now

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:13 pm

If he had this Showtime-CBS thing in the works, then picking Mosley makes perfect sense.

Getting JMM would not have worked for first Showtime-CBS deal, because having Manny who can barely speak English and JMM who can't or won't Speak English would have not been appealing at all for Fight Camp on CBS.

Having a name, and most importantly, an American name like Mosley fits better.

Still doesn't dismiss the fact the match-up sucks. But obviouse what Arum's master plan was.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

It makes sense why Arum wanted Mosley now Empty Re: It makes sense why Arum wanted Mosley now

Post  dbudge Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:18 pm

the closer to the fight it gets, the more chance Mosley will have of winning. that's the way it goes...

dbudge

Back to top Go down

It makes sense why Arum wanted Mosley now Empty Re: It makes sense why Arum wanted Mosley now

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:18 pm

It makes sense why Arum wanted Mosley now 400px-Bob_Arum
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Arum just needs to start doing this

It makes sense why Arum wanted Mosley now Austin_powers_dr_evil
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:30 pm

The fight is going to sell.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:09 pm

I still think Showtime/CBS would've have been interested regardless of the opponent, Pac's the #1 guy in the sport and he's also an entertaining fighter.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Ali wrote:I still think Showtime/CBS would've have been interested regardless of the opponent, Pac's the #1 guy in the sport and he's also an entertaining fighter.

Not talking about that. Course CBS would be interested in Pac regardless. Talking about Arum marketing the Pac's fight. It's a lot easier to market an American who actualy speaks English on network TV, then one guy that can barely speak it, and another that doesn't at all.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Well the move to Showtime/CBS has certainly diverted attention away from the fact it's a fight no one wants.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Ali wrote:Well the move to Showtime/CBS has certainly diverted attention away from the fact it's a fight no one wants.

Sadily, Arum is correct on one aspect. We hardcore fans are the minority. Having Fight Camp 360 featuring Pac and Mosley will bring in the casual fan. Almost all them I gurantee didn't watch of even hear about Mosley's pathetic performance against Mora.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Ali wrote:I still think Showtime/CBS would've have been interested regardless of the opponent, Pac's the #1 guy in the sport and he's also an entertaining fighter.
Agreed. He could fight a corpse and fill up the house at this point. The fight everyone wanted was "Mayweather - Pacquiao." That fight will not happen so I think Pac is justified in fighting just about anyone. Pacs critics will mention Berto. I personally thought that should've been the fight, however what would've happened after Berto was crushed? The Pac detractors would state, "He's either fighting has beens or never beens. Sure Berto was known to boxing fans, but everyone knew he really didn't belong in the same ring with a Pac or a Mayweather."

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:45 am

GrantZilla wrote:

Not talking about that. Course CBS would be interested in Pac regardless. Talking about Arum marketing the Pac's fight. It's a lot easier to market an American who actualy speaks English on network TV, then one guy that can barely speak it, and another that doesn't at all.

exactly. that's why i find it funny when people talk about Mayweather as the PPV king when he can only do over 1mil buys with another US fighter, or a Mexican on Mexican independance day or whatever it is. Manny P in his last fight exceeded 1mill buys against a Mexican. that's far more impressive in my eyes. Hatton sold 1.2 mill PPVs vs Mayweather in the UK and it did 900,000 in the US so that's 2.1mill PPVs in total. Manny P is the biggest draw in boxing right now without doubt. i'd love to have known how many PPVs Mayweather would have sold vs Clottey

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Arum: Well, first of all, I think Mosley is relevant. And remember, look at what we're doing here, this is no longer confined to premium television. This is now gonna reach 115 million homes, this promotion. Big thing. Now, who would you rather have as an opponent for Manny Pacquiao? An American kid who speaks English or a Mexican that only can communicate through subtitles? Think of that. I mean right Manny? (laughs). Sorry to be blunt about it!
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2011-02-16-q-a-manny-pacquiao-bob-arum-harry-reid-president-obama_N.htm
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:18 pm

That's why he's the Bobfather
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Yup. Him and his son in law had this brewing for a while. I think HBO totaly being dicks to Cotto, who gave them their highest ratings last year, was the final straw.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:34 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yup. Him and his son in law had this brewing for a while. I think HBO totaly being dicks to Cotto, who gave them their highest ratings last year, was the final straw.

Greenburg seemed like he was a total dick to him since GBP came into the picture
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Realy disgusting. Cotto given HBO some most entertaining fights in last few years. He didn't duck anyone, and took on hard fights.

Yet they lick Mayweather's bung-hole while Cotto fought guy's Mayweather was too chicken shit to get in the ring with.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:42 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Realy disgusting. Cotto given HBO some most entertaining fights in last few years. He didn't duck anyone, and took on hard fights.

Yet they lick Mayweather's bung-hole while Cotto fought guy's Mayweather was too chicken shit to get in the ring with.

Cotto fought almost everyone. Quintana, Judah, Clottey, Margarito, Pac, Foreman, Mosley, at 147 or 154. Much better competition than Gayweather.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down