The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac, Mosley, and Arum deserve the backlash of this fight

+9
dbudge
Diego408
SlickMoney
flapanther2001
powerpuncher
boxinglawyer
Frank
gomez1012
GrantZilla
13 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pac, Mosley, and Arum deserve the backlash of this fight Empty Pac, Mosley, and Arum deserve the backlash of this fight

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 08, 2011 3:46 am

Pacquiao Takes Decision, but Doesn’t Win Over Fans

LAS VEGAS — For much of his welterweight title defense on Saturday, Manny Pacquiao heard from the MGM Grand crowd a unified sound rarely belted at his boxing matches. As Pacquiao and Shane Mosley tapped gloves, made small talk and generally engaged in a glorified sparring session, the crowd, once rowdy, once standing, once into it, simply booed.

When it ended, Pacquiao (53-3-2), the winner by unanimous decision, hung his head in victory. He did not look happy. Neither did the crowd.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/08/sports/08boxing.html

I'm gussing the PPV will do well. But if Pac isn't fighting Mayweather next, the next PPV is going to suffer because of tonight.

Yes, not all fights are going to end up being thrilling, but like most of us said, this fight should never have been made. Mosley has looked and faught like an old man in his last two fights. The writing was on the wall he was fighting for a paycheck.

This is Arum's fault for just throwing name fighters at Pac, regardless if they are totaly shot. Having Pac fight JMM next is no acception.

"Well who should Pac fight then?" A fighter that isn't totaly shot or on the decline. A Victor Ortiz might not be a name on the level of Mosley, but is there any denying a Pac-Ortiz fight would've been better then what we saw tonight?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pac, Mosley, and Arum deserve the backlash of this fight Empty Re: Pac, Mosley, and Arum deserve the backlash of this fight

Post  gomez1012 Sun May 08, 2011 4:55 am

People love to overreact. Nobody knew Mosley would stink out the arena by doing best Clottey impersonation. At least he was man enough to admit it
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Pac, Mosley, and Arum deserve the backlash of this fight Empty Re: Pac, Mosley, and Arum deserve the backlash of this fight

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 08, 2011 5:03 am

gomez1012 wrote:People love to overreact. Nobody knew Mosley would stink out the arena by doing best Clottey impersonation. At least he was man enough to admit it

Mosley has looked like shit his last two fights before Pac. Anyone knew anything about boxing knew this fight was going to suck. Shit, look at the odds. Or the fact Pac scheduled a goddamn concert for after the fight.

Arum: Mosley not likely to fight Pacquiao
Monday September 20, 2010 2:37PM

"What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son.

"It's like (Bernard) Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we're beginning to see with Mosley."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/boxing/09/20/pacquiao.mosley/index.html
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun May 08, 2011 5:16 am

Nobody knew it would suck. People knew manny was a huge favorite and that was correct but no one saw Mosley going into a shell coming
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 08, 2011 5:29 am

gomez1012 wrote:Nobody knew it would suck. People knew manny was a huge favorite and that was correct but no one saw Mosley going into a shell coming

A lot people knew it would suck. Why it got a negative response by boxing fans as soon as the fight was announced.

Mosley looked like an old man against Mayweather, and looked like shit against Mora, who just lost on FNF for christ sake.

Arum knew Mosley was shot. He just used his name value to sell to casual fan. And hoped Pac would knock him out.

Nobody that knows boxing should have been surprised. It's the casual fans Arum coned that are not going to be as excited to get another Pac fight.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun May 08, 2011 9:44 am

Mosley is all done. I don't see a reason for him to continue fighting though I suspect he will. I really couldn't understand all the hand shaking and friendly gestures between the two fighters. It seemed that Pac could've done more but had Mosley's well being in mind. With Mosley in survival mode, Pac looked bad. Not his fault, but it was his worst outing in a while. Has Pac become, as they say, civilized? Hope not. If so, he must only be matched up against guys that will fight him or he has some kind of has disdain for.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun May 08, 2011 9:48 am

Pac was not booed. mosley was for his lack of trying. Gripe all you want, but Pac is the only guy in boxing that gets EVERYONE tallking about the sport. Mayweather doesnt. he gets a LOT of guys talking, but NOTHING like pac. NOTHING.

Manny pac IS the sport of boxing.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun May 08, 2011 9:54 am

boxinglawyer wrote: Pac was not booed. mosley was for his lack of trying. Gripe all you want, but Pac is the only guy in boxing that gets EVERYONE tallking about the sport. Mayweather doesnt. he gets a LOT of guys talking, but NOTHING like pac. NOTHING.

I agree 100 percent. Nobody respects Pac more than I do.

I just don't want Pacquiao bringing his nice guy persona in the ring. When Mosely fought Mayweather, he shook his hand a millon times in between the ass kickings he was getting. Shane did the same with Pac. I want Pac to bring a "Roberto Duran" or "Aaron Pryor" attiutde in there. Don't make friends with the fucking guy before the fight. Duran would never do that. Look back on his win over Leonard in Montreal. After beating Leonard, he's wearing his belt around his waist and stating, "Leonard's my friend now" and starts to laugh. That's what I come to see.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun May 08, 2011 11:18 am

boxinglawyer wrote: Pac was not booed. mosley was for his lack of trying. Gripe all you want, but Pac is the only guy in boxing that gets EVERYONE tallking about the sport. Mayweather doesnt. he gets a LOT of guys talking, but NOTHING like pac. NOTHING.

+1

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 08, 2011 12:04 pm

i knew that the fight would be boring (although i was definitely hoping for a good fight). the fight was how i expected it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 08, 2011 12:22 pm

wow powerpuncher your the only one outside of grant that claims they thought this...there were no posts stating this would be a boring fight..i expected a tatical fight by both especialy pac the first 4 rounds then for him to step up the pace..yes everyone felt it would be a one sided affair but outside of powepuncher i doubt anyone knew or felt the entire fight would have no action since everyone talked about pacs work rate speed etc etc fast combos which none were displayed last night.
several of us as deminstrated by posts here felt mosley would try to make it a fight the first 4 rounds.he did not.all expected a beat down with tons of punches landed by pac after that to the point of a stopage.that did not happen.
no one expected a boring non action fight for 12 rounds including grant.to say everyone who knows about boxing knew this fight with stink and stink because of boring action is total BS.a large majority of experts that do know boxing thought a one sided fight with a beatdown by pac wining in a exciting fashion with a UD or late round stopage.
ill believe powerpuncher in what he said he expected a boring fight..none of us here nor the boxing experts predicted or knew ahead of time the fight would stink cause of lack of action even if that action was one sided.so i guess none of us here know shit about boxing then..neither do the experts who do that for a living.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 08, 2011 12:46 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i knew that the fight would be boring (although i was definitely hoping for a good fight). the fight was how i expected it.
...i just checked the thread asking for predictions on this fight.all except freak said its onesided.he picked shane over the distence..no prediuction by grant and powerpuncher you expected manny to be decked in round 2 but then wining every round wining by stopage..one sided yes but boring fight.hows that add up to boring.i view that predication as a fight having exciting moments.pac getting deck mosley trying to finish him and pac pounds him for several rounds in a exciting one sided stopage...

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 08, 2011 12:46 pm

i will say that i thought the first few rounds would have more action but i wasnt surprised about the later rounds. would i have been surprised if the fight went like everyone else said? no. but i wasnt at all surprised that mosley just tried to survive.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 08, 2011 12:48 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i knew that the fight would be boring (although i was definitely hoping for a good fight). the fight was how i expected it.
...i just checked the thread asking for predictions on this fight.all except freak said its onesided.he picked shane over the distence..no prediuction by grant and powerpuncher you expected manny to be decked in round 2 but then wining every round wining by stopage..one sided yes but boring fight.hows that add up to boring.i view that predication as a fight having exciting moments.pac getting deck mosley trying to finish him and pac pounds him for several rounds in a exciting one sided stopage...
but i never said that the fight would be exciting. i thought that pac would end up TKOing mosley but not in the fashion that he did to lets say cotto.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 08, 2011 12:49 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i will say that i thought the first few rounds would have more action but i wasnt surprised about the later rounds. would i have been surprised if the fight went like everyone else said? no. but i wasnt at all surprised that mosley just tried to survive.
...i agree on the expected survival mode by mosley for several rounds after round four..the non action of the fight i think surprized everyone.pac tossing maybe 20 percent of the punches then what he normaly does..

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun May 08, 2011 1:12 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Nobody knew it would suck. People knew manny was a huge favorite and that was correct but no one saw Mosley going into a shell coming
Unbelievable. What a bunch of Monday morning "experts".
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun May 08, 2011 1:25 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

Unbelievable. What a bunch of Monday morning "experts".

+10000000000000000000000000000000

Pac, Mosley, and Arum deserve the backlash of this fight Hindsight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 08, 2011 1:36 pm

I must have been watching a different fight.Mosley was in front of Manny for at least half the fight,the way he was pushing out that lazy jab,he was asking to get countered with a straight right hand.Manny did a pedestrian job in cutting the ring off,which will not hold him in good stead against Mayweather.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun May 08, 2011 1:37 pm

I thought it would be fun for 4 rds. Not Manny's fault Shane was just there for a paycheck. It takes 2 to tango.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun May 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Good post and I was very upset watching this fight. Im not a fan of both, but I was seriously rooting for Pacquaio to knock him out half way through the bout because Mosley wasnt fighting. This fool thought he was playing the Defensive Back position in the NFL because he was back pedalling all night. It was one of the worst fights Ive seen in a while. Mosley didnt come to fight, its upsetting that he came to get paid and make it thru 12 rounds. He was on Survival mode since the opening bel. I dont want to see Mosley ever headline anything agian.

One thing I'll say, Marquez at this point will give Pacquiao a better fight than Mosley, Clottey, DLH, Hatton and Margarito did. Cotto at least waas exchanging with him for 6 rounds, but went on survival mode after the second KD. Its just frustrating with these Pacquiao oppoennts becuase they jump in the ring not wanting to fight back.

Ive never seen so many fighters get so scared when a guy starts swinging.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Nobody expected Mosley to retreat into his shell after the knockdown. Sure Arum should take slack for choosing a name fighter despite being completely shot, but I still thought Mosley would have made it entertaining.

Naz should take blame for allowing a shot fighter to enter the ring against the current P4P king, I don't care how big the payday was your fighters safety should come first.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 08, 2011 4:03 pm

I trashed this fight from the get-go. If you want, I'll gladly dig up posts when this fight was announced stating as such.

What's the difference between a one-sided beatdown fight? Mathew Hatton tried to win against Alverez, didn't make the fight any less boring or one-sided.

I said since the Mayweather and Mora fight Mosley can't pull the trigger and this fight was nothing but a money fight for him.

Why I didn't buy the fight.

Not my fault some you got fooled into thinking Mosley was going to do anything.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun May 08, 2011 4:32 pm

listen to you all justifying your predictions like little bitches. everyone thought Pacquiao was sending Mosley to the retirement home. i have never seen Mosley not try to win a fight in his entire professional career, last night he didn't even try to win the fight. he was locked up so tightwith his defence. he stepped backwards for the entire fight. he never hurt Pacquiao once, hehad zero success, he was put down heavy in the 3rd round - his legs buckled like a baby giraffe's. if i was at the mgm grand last night i'd want Mosley's purse to be witheld. maybe he deserves a pass because he is a legend, but last night was truly pathetic from Mosley. he never tried to win the fight and he knows it. at the same time, why the fuck did Pacquiao not set the pace why did he not just up the ante and start unloading the straight fast hard shots down the middle???? just a pathetic prizefighting event to be honest

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 08, 2011 4:40 pm

dbudge wrote:listen to you all justifying your predictions like little bitches. everyone thought Pacquiao was sending Mosley to the retirement home. i have never seen Mosley not try to win a fight in his entire professional career, last night he didn't even try to win the fight. he was locked up so tightwith his defence. he stepped backwards for the entire fight. he never hurt Pacquiao once, hehad zero success, he was put down heavy in the 3rd round - his legs buckled like a baby giraffe's. if i was at the mgm grand last night i'd want Mosley's purse to be witheld. maybe he deserves a pass because he is a legend, but last night was truly pathetic from Mosley. he never tried to win the fight and he knows it. at the same time, why the fuck did Pacquiao not set the pace why did he not just up the ante and start unloading the straight fast hard shots down the middle???? just a pathetic prizefighting event to be honest
he did give up against mayweather. he had a god shot in the 2nd but then he gave up after that. the only difference was that he couldnt avoid mayweathers punches like he could pac's.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun May 08, 2011 4:47 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
dbudge wrote:listen to you all justifying your predictions like little bitches. everyone thought Pacquiao was sending Mosley to the retirement home. i have never seen Mosley not try to win a fight in his entire professional career, last night he didn't even try to win the fight. he was locked up so tightwith his defence. he stepped backwards for the entire fight. he never hurt Pacquiao once, hehad zero success, he was put down heavy in the 3rd round - his legs buckled like a baby giraffe's. if i was at the mgm grand last night i'd want Mosley's purse to be witheld. maybe he deserves a pass because he is a legend, but last night was truly pathetic from Mosley. he never tried to win the fight and he knows it. at the same time, why the fuck did Pacquiao not set the pace why did he not just up the ante and start unloading the straight fast hard shots down the middle???? just a pathetic prizefighting event to be honest
he did give up against mayweather. he had a god shot in the 2nd but then he gave up after that. the only difference was that he couldnt avoid mayweathers punches like he could pac's.

Couldn't avoid them? Or looking for a big punch without setting one up and getting picked off by Mayweather. Floydtimed Shane all night last year, Shane would move forward with his slow lazy double tap jab and before he would throw the right hand or follow with a big hook Floyd would shoot his one straight right and catch Shane clean. Shane came forward against Mayweather and got countered, much like margarito against Manny.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next