The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Manny fights and beats FMJ and Sergio Martinez?

3 posters

Go down

If Manny fights and beats FMJ and Sergio Martinez? Empty If Manny fights and beats FMJ and Sergio Martinez?

Post  freakzilla Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:18 am

Where would that put him on the All-Time greats list?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

If Manny fights and beats FMJ and Sergio Martinez? Empty Re: If Manny fights and beats FMJ and Sergio Martinez?

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:25 am

Back to top Go down

If Manny fights and beats FMJ and Sergio Martinez? Empty Re: If Manny fights and beats FMJ and Sergio Martinez?

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:59 am

Once you get to the top 25 you are dealing mostly with guys over 100 wins, over 20 wins over ranked guys and 10+ wins over HOFers. It's hard to move very much with only a few fights. I don't think a win over Floyd does much due to the above.

Beating Sergio would mean Manny had won five lineal belts across six of the original eight divisions. Nobody has EVER come close to doing that. It would be monumental!!!!!!!!!!

Would move him into the top 15-20 in my view.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:41 am

again we are talking fantasy land in the what ifs especialy beating sergio..make that fight at 160 and sergio blows him away..more what ifs.what if in his next fight manny gets koed..then what..
mannys a top 30 fighter right now in my eyes.finishing out his career which in reality may be about 3 more fights is not going to change his position much..
the more i view the arum talk of late im starting to believe pacs folks said noo to mosley and arums trying to change there mind..the fight date which is the week of mexicos big celebration day makes me think marquez may be in there thoughts.pacs folks that is..arum by saying im going back to talk with the 3 other guys again i interpet he wants to chizzle mosley more soo he can make that fight..i think pacs folks are thinking 1.marquez first 2.berto a very very close second and 3. mosley out of the picture unless arum can chop him down a lot in money..theres a reason why freddie roach was excluded from there meetings.thats because his imput would of killed arums mosley idea...i also feel bertos folks are taking the smaller money..thats hurting arums ONLY choice which is shane.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:59 am

arum wants the fastly fading Mosley. Anyone who thinks Mosley's reflexes looked good against Mora give me a call. I have a prime piece of swampland I'd like to sell you. Arum wants a big money easy fight. Berto at least has fast hands and could conceivingly land some hard fast shots to hurt Pac early and win the fight. Marquez probably gets taken out by this version of Pac, but he has earned the right to find out if he so chooses.

As for Pac and history. I think he is in the 20s all-time. Anything higher than that at this point is ignoring history.

If he were to take out Martinez and win the MW crown then maybe he is a little superman. Never will happen though. Fighting Margarito with cheato weighing in at 151 was really tough for Pac. Yes he battered Cheato but he was hurt by some body shots. He doubled over on a couple. Going up any higher in weight would be "a bridge too far" for the Pacmonster.

Pac vs Mayweather. Won't happen until both are past it. Floyd's legs aren't the same. Pac is going to start declining. By the time Pac beats another couple guys and then Floyd gets past its legal troubles, it will be 2012 and both guys will be at least a year past their primes.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:30 pm

dmar5143 wrote:again we are talking fantasy land in the what ifs especialy beating sergio..make that fight at 160 and sergio blows him away..more what ifs.what if in his next fight manny gets koed..then what..
mannys a top 30 fighter right now in my eyes.finishing out his career which in reality may be about 3 more fights is not going to change his position much..
the more i view the arum talk of late im starting to believe pacs folks said noo to mosley and arums trying to change there mind..the fight date which is the week of mexicos big celebration day makes me think marquez may be in there thoughts.pacs folks that is..arum by saying im going back to talk with the 3 other guys again i interpet he wants to chizzle mosley more soo he can make that fight..i think pacs folks are thinking 1.marquez first 2.berto a very very close second and 3. mosley out of the picture unless arum can chop him down a lot in money..theres a reason why freddie roach was excluded from there meetings.thats because his imput would of killed arums mosley idea...i also feel bertos folks are taking the smaller money..thats hurting arums ONLY choice which is shane.

That's what I think too. Except I also thought that about him going above 130. I have little faith in my own judgement regarding Manny's potential at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Top 15, but Pacquaio signing to fight Flod (with Drug test) and Martinez at a justifiable catch up weight (154 is perfect) is impossible.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down