The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Martinez has got to be P4P #2 now

5 posters

Go down

Sergio Martinez has got to be P4P #2 now Empty Sergio Martinez has got to be P4P #2 now

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:54 am

That's three impressive victories in a row over solid competition. Martinez has beaten a Middleweight champion in Kelly Pavlik, knocked out a top ten P4P guy cold in Paul Willaims, and has now just stopped an undefeated trinket holder in Sergei Dzinziruk.

Floyd Mayweather has been too inactive to remain in the top ten and Nonito Donaire hasn't been consistent enough to warrant being ranked ahead of Martinez in my opinion.

Arguably it should be five impressive victories in a row since I had Martinez beating Williams in the first fight and Cintron was clearly knocked out during that tenth round.

My P4P top ten
#1 Manny Pacquiao
#2 Sergio Martinez
#3 Nonito Donaire
#4 Juan Manuel Marquez
#5 Andre Ward
#6 Timothy Bradley
#7 Lucian Bute
#8 Juan Manuel Lopez
#9 Abner Mares
#10 Amir Khan

Last edited by Ali on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez has got to be P4P #2 now Empty Re: Sergio Martinez has got to be P4P #2 now

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:57 am

yes he number 2..drop floyd to number 4 or lower..inactivity plus martinez will kill him.

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez has got to be P4P #2 now Empty Re: Sergio Martinez has got to be P4P #2 now

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:00 am

dmar5143 wrote:yes he number 2..drop floyd to number 4 or lower..inactivity plus martinez will kill him.

I say drop Floyd all together, he's been inactive and has multiple court dates ahead of him.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:31 am

Mayweather will be dropped in May. It's a lame rule that The Ring and other legit rankings have that they don't drop guys do to in-activy until been a year.

Should be no more then six months. If six months go by and they haven't fight or have a fight scheduled, they should drop in the rankings by atleast 4 spots. And after a year, drop entirly from the rankings.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:37 am

I agree that Mayweather should get dropped and Sergio should take #2. I don't agree that Nonito has been inconsistent. He's been sensational, he just hasn't been fighting a tough enough schedule.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:43 am

Really need to slow down on hyping up Donaire.

Martinez #2 w/out a doubt, a couple more wins this year vs top opponents can arguably be #1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:04 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Really need to slow down on hyping up Donaire.
Why?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Ali wrote:That's three impressive victories in a row over solid competition. Martinez has beaten a Middleweight champion in Kelly Pavlik, knocked out a top ten P4P guy cold in Paul Willaims, and has now just stopped an undefeated trinket holder in Sergei Dzinziruk.

Floyd Mayweather has been too inactive to remain in the top ten and Nonito Donaire hasn't been consistent enough to warrant being ranked ahead of Martinez in my opinion.

Arguably it should be five impressive victories in a row since I had Martinez beating Williams in the first fight and Cintron was clearly knocked out during that tenth round.

My P4P top ten
#1 Manny Pacquiao
#2 Sergio Martinez
#3 Nonito Donaire
#4 Juan Manuel Marquez
#5 Andre Ward
#6 Timothy Bradley
#7 Lucian Bute
#8 Juan Manuel Lopez
#9 Abner Mares
#10 Amir Khan
i actually agree with almost your whole list. there are obviously a few places that could be switched but i think that its a good list. i would probably still put JMM at #3, bradley would probably drop a few spots also, khan would be off the list (although he isnt far below #10), and i would probably add in cotto in his place. but i wouldnt really argue with your list though because my alterations are small.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:36 pm

Yes he is. I don't consider Mayweather a boxer anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Gumby wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Really need to slow down on hyping up Donaire.
Why?

two major wins over a few years is not close to what others in the sport have done

I know it varies but just how I feel about it
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Manny Pacquiao
Sergio Martinez
Juan Manuel Marquez
Nonito Donaire
Timothy Bradley
Wladimir Klitschko
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
Andre Ward
Amir Khan
Toshiaki Nishioka

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Gumby wrote:I agree that Mayweather should get dropped and Sergio should take #2. I don't agree that Nonito has been inconsistent. He's been sensational, he just hasn't been fighting a tough enough schedule.

I meant to say Donaire's been inconsistent on fighting top competition.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down