The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you going to vote Chavez Jr fighter of the Year after he beats Rubio, Lee, Sergio?

+5
flapanther2001
SlickMoney
powerpuncher
dmar5143
jz_hova
9 posters

Go down

Are you going to vote Chavez Jr fighter of the Year after he beats Rubio, Lee, Sergio? Empty Are you going to vote Chavez Jr fighter of the Year after he beats Rubio, Lee, Sergio?

Post  jz_hova Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:16 am

If Jr beats these three which is likely he will do. Is he then fighter of the year in your eyes?
I already stated that Sergio will get his shot and it looks like the fight will happen this fall.
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Are you going to vote Chavez Jr fighter of the Year after he beats Rubio, Lee, Sergio? Empty Re: Are you going to vote Chavez Jr fighter of the Year after he beats Rubio, Lee, Sergio?

Post  dmar5143 Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 am

if he beats all 3.theres one down 2 to go id say he deserves a vote.or at least strong consideration.but what if bute beats fonch and beats ward before years end then id say bute.all big what ifs.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Are you going to vote Chavez Jr fighter of the Year after he beats Rubio, Lee, Sergio? Empty Re: Are you going to vote Chavez Jr fighter of the Year after he beats Rubio, Lee, Sergio?

Post  powerpuncher Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:33 pm

dmar5143 wrote:if he beats all 3.theres one down 2 to go id say he deserves a vote.or at least strong consideration.but what if bute beats fonch and beats ward before years end then id say bute.all big what ifs.
+1

its still early in the year. although martinez is the only fighter out of those 3 that would be a big accomplishment. if those 3 opponents made him FOTY then i would say it was a weak year for the award.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:53 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:if he beats all 3.theres one down 2 to go id say he deserves a vote.or at least strong consideration.but what if bute beats fonch and beats ward before years end then id say bute.all big what ifs.
+1

its still early in the year. although martinez is the only fighter out of those 3 that would be a big accomplishment. if those 3 opponents made him FOTY then i would say it was a weak year for the award.

Sergio won FOTY with pretty much the same caliber of opponents.

IF Jr did beat those 3 guys then he would have captured the Middleweight Crown along with 2 wins vs Top 15 middleweights.That pretty much equals Sergio, who beat Pavlik and then Youtube'd PW.

But we dont even know if TR will put Chavez in with Sergio.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:28 pm

jz_hova wrote:
If Jr beats these three which is likely he will do. Is he then fighter of the year in your eyes?
I already stated that Sergio will get his shot and it looks like the fight will happen this fall.
Seriously...get some help....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:51 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
+1

IF Jr did beat those 3 guys then he would have captured the Middleweight Crown along with 2 wins vs Top 15 middleweights.That pretty much equals Sergio, who beat Pavlik and then Youtube'd PW.

i agree and it was a weak year too. although the pavlik that martinez beat would have for sure KO'd jr. i think that PW would have also beat him because of his work rate.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:27 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
+1

I dont know about the same caliber. Pavlik was the middleweight king and Paul Williams was rated top 3 on the P4P list. Lee and Rubio are not very good fighters. Pavlik and Williams pretty much fell off after those fights with Sergio, but at the time they were considered the best of the division. But if some how Chavez beats Lee and Martinez, then he has a strong case. BTW Im not even sure if Ward is going to fight Bute this year.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Long way off but yeah he would be at the head of the list. No one is likely to have a better win except maybe Bradley. 3 fights is sadly considered a solid activity level for strapholders and the other 2 wins are pretty good in my book.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:22 am

I will go with JMM after he wins his tune up next week, then Rios in July and finally PAC in Nov!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:21 pm

Yeah he would probably be at the head of the list if he beats those three. The Sergio win could boost him over everyone unless Pac and Floyd fight. Then the FOTY will be the winner of that fight no matter what everyone else does.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down