The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the currently scheduled fight you are most excited for?

3 posters

Go down

What is the currently scheduled fight you are most excited for? Empty What is the currently scheduled fight you are most excited for?

Post  telltailtale Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Of the fights that are currently made, what are you most looking forward to? Even if nothing out there knocks your socks off, what is the best fight out there?

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

What is the currently scheduled fight you are most excited for? Empty Re: What is the currently scheduled fight you are most excited for?

Post  Canvas Lives Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:47 pm

I would say Sergio vs Cotto, but it isn't done yet. There are not too many big fights that are signed. I guess Pac vs Bradley would be the one as of right now.

Canvas Lives

Back to top Go down

What is the currently scheduled fight you are most excited for? Empty Re: What is the currently scheduled fight you are most excited for?

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Kind of a short list of fights right now.

Canvas you are not excited about Floyd vs khan?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 am

Canvas Lives wrote:I would say Sergio vs Cotto, but it isn't done yet.  There are not too many big fights that are signed.  I guess Pac vs Bradley would be the one as of right now.
Are there any fights out there where the style matchup make the fight something you want to see? Doesn't have to be anything considered to be a "big fight". Just something out there you think you are going to really enjoy watching.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Canvas Lives Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:30 pm

Geale vs Garth Wood may be an action fight, although Geale should win easily on class.

I actually think Pac/Bradley 2 is interesting. Pac has slipped enough that it could be a close fight. I think Bradley's confidence is high.

Martinez/Cotto I think will be a good fight. So many unknowns going into that fight: will the champ's body hold up? Will Martinez have ring rust? does he have anything left? How will Cotto handle the weight? Can Cotto take Sergio's punch?

So many interesting fights have been discussed but have failed to materialize. It's frustrating. The long layoffs fighters are taking between fights annoys me too. And when they do have a date, they keep pushing it back.

I can't figure out how we can have a two month period with no major fights on HBO or Showtime. Thank god for Europe.

Canvas Lives

Back to top Go down

Post  Canvas Lives Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Kind of a short list of fights right now.

haha, good one.

The brits will probably buy that shit.  I'm thinking 700k buys in North America, which would be a money losing flop for CBS.

Canvas Lives

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:12 pm

Canvas Lives wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Kind of a short list of fights right now.

haha, good one.

The brits will probably buy that shit.  I'm thinking 700k buys in North America, which would be a money losing flop for CBS.
i hope so. Hardcore fans won't buy it
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Canvas Lives Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:25 pm

It looks like we can add Froch v Groves 2 to this list, according to virusscene. I am looking forward to it.

Canvas Lives

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Canvas Lives wrote:It looks like we can add Froch v Groves 2 to this list, according to virusscene.  I am looking forward to it.
i heard. That fight will be awesome
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:48 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas Lives wrote:It looks like we can add Froch v Groves 2 to this list, according to virusscene.  I am looking forward to it.
i heard. That fight will be awesome

I just saw some people talking about this today. Sounds like a big fight considering the people talking about it aren't really hardcore boxing people. From what I read people are expecting Froch to come out more focused for the rematch.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Canvas Lives Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:35 pm

It's interesting to me because I want to see if Froch is in decline, or if he was just not focused as he claims

Canvas Lives

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Canvas Lives wrote:It's interesting to me because I want to see if Froch is in decline, or if he was just not focused as he claims

Which way do you lean? On decline or wasn't focused?

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Canvas Lives wrote:It's interesting to me because I want to see if Froch is in decline, or if he was just not focused as he claims
i picked froch. But it's a pickem
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down