The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kelly Pavlik scheduled to leave rehab today, Top Rank willing to give him spot on May 7th undercard

4 posters

Go down

Kelly Pavlik scheduled to leave rehab today, Top Rank willing to give him spot on May 7th undercard Empty Kelly Pavlik scheduled to leave rehab today, Top Rank willing to give him spot on May 7th undercard

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:22 am

Dunkin said that Top Rank's Bob Arum is aware of the situation and that he told him that if Pavlik is up to it, he would give him a spot on the undercard of Pacquiao's fight with Shane Mosley on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"Bob says we have May 7 if Kelly wants it and that would be a great place for him to start again," Dunkin said. "But we just don't know. It's out there for him if he wants it. It's all up to Kelly now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5984682

Back to top Go down

Kelly Pavlik scheduled to leave rehab today, Top Rank willing to give him spot on May 7th undercard Empty Re: Kelly Pavlik scheduled to leave rehab today, Top Rank willing to give him spot on May 7th undercard

Post  Diego408 Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:58 am

He'll probably pull out of that card. Hes out of rehab, they should get him in the ring with in a couple of months against anyone, bums or club fighters. His addiction is probably start from him not being active enough in the ring. Too much time off= to too much drinking until camp.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Kelly Pavlik scheduled to leave rehab today, Top Rank willing to give him spot on May 7th undercard Empty Re: Kelly Pavlik scheduled to leave rehab today, Top Rank willing to give him spot on May 7th undercard

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Best wishes to him, if he fights he fights
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Diego408 wrote:He'll probably pull out of that card. Hes out of rehab, they should get him in the ring with in a couple of months against anyone, bums or club fighters. His addiction is probably start from him not being active enough in the ring. Too much time off= to too much drinking until camp.

i disagree. i think Kelly's problem is he's still living in Youngstown, Ohio where he the expectation of him is too high. Success brings enemies, people get jealous and i imagine that has majorly affected Kelly's social standing in his hometown. I think having too much money probably hasn't helped. Kelly is a professional athlete, he should be in the gym everyday and treating his body like a temple. if he isn't doing that, that's because it's his choice not to. even between fights it's no good for a boxer to be binge drinking. Kelly has turned into an alcoholic because that is what he wants to do. if boxing gave him that focus to stop him drinking then he'd be in the gym boxing right now. the problem is at the moment the buzz he is getting from drinking is more than that he is getting from boxing. It's not like he hasn't been signed up for fights and has just been rotting away, he's had deals done but chosen to piss his life away instead. Kelly needs to get over his addiction before trying to substitute it with something else, if Kelly could use boxing to take him away from it then it would have happened.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:07 pm

I hate to admit this, because I like Pavlik, but he would've lost to Hopkins and Martinez, booze or no booze. The drinking problem is his own demon and I hope he's conquered it, however I can't see how it's affected his boxing career.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down