The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

+9
Shaun
kbyte
UBeeg9cats
fightscorecollector
flapanther2001
dmar5143
dbudge
Soonermark890
powerpuncher
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?! Empty who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:39 am

im excited for this fight because i think that we will really see what broner is made of. broner has had problems when his opponents have pressured him. has he improved on that? i dont know. demarco isnt a great fighter but is a good fighter. if broner can dominate then i will say that broner is legit. if he struggles but still win, i will say that he is still good but probably not great. if he loses, then we will see what happens with his career. i think that it will be a good fight though so im excited.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?! Empty Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 pm

powerpuncher wrote:im excited for this fight because i think that we will really see what broner is made of. broner has had problems when his opponents have pressured him. has he improved on that? i dont know. demarco isnt a great fighter but is a good fighter. if broner can dominate then i will say that broner is legit. if he struggles but still win, i will say that he is still good but probably not great. if he loses, then we will see what happens with his career. i think that it will be a good fight though so im excited.
for some reason I think demarco beats him. I'm not sure broner is really that good
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?! Empty Re: who is excited for the broner-demarco fight?!?!

Post  dbudge Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm not excited for it. Demarco should be no problem for Broner. Just another easy title to grab for Broner on his rise through the weights. Broner will still be the much bigger man on fight night, faster, more polished. I can't see demarco holds any advantages. I saw on ring that Broner is comparing this fight to floyd vs Castillo which cracked me up. I can't stand Broner and I've got no interest in watching him becoming another Haymon managed multi-weight titleholder. If Broner was made of chocolate he'd eat himself

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:42 pm

dbudge wrote:I'm not excited for it. Demarco should be no problem for Broner. Just another easy title to grab for Broner on his rise through the weights. Broner will still be the much bigger man on fight night, faster, more polished. I can't see demarco holds any advantages. I saw on ring that Broner is comparing this fight to floyd vs Castillo which cracked me up. I can't stand Broner and I've got no interest in watching him becoming another Haymon managed multi-weight titleholder. If Broner was made of chocolate he'd eat himself
..i agree.yes hes far above demarco.yes upsets can happen but ...yep the guys a complete jerk.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 pm

DeMarco is much improved and Broner had a tough time with a much smaller southpaw in Ponce de Leon.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  fightscorecollector Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:55 pm

im covering this fight on my fightscorecollector site, should be a close fought thing IF Broner lives up to his hype.

i was also gonna do the Froch fight but i cant get out of a dinner with the Mrs side of the family lol but will catch the fight before the Broner/Demarco one starts

fightscorecollector

http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 am

dmar5143 wrote:
dbudge wrote:I'm not excited for it. Demarco should be no problem for Broner. Just another easy title to grab for Broner on his rise through the weights. Broner will still be the much bigger man on fight night, faster, more polished. I can't see demarco holds any advantages. I saw on ring that Broner is comparing this fight to floyd vs Castillo which cracked me up. I can't stand Broner and I've got no interest in watching him becoming another Haymon managed multi-weight titleholder. If Broner was made of chocolate he'd eat himself
..i agree.yes hes far above demarco.yes upsets can happen but ...yep the guys a complete jerk.
For some reason I just have a feeling that he is going to give Broner all he can handle.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:51 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
For some reason I just have a feeling that he is going to give Broner all he can handle.
demarco is legit. he isnt great but if broner can easily win then broner is the real deal (not like top p4p real deal necessarily but top of the weight class real deal). broner is still young and can improve a lot. he has a lot of talent but i see many flaws that he needs to fix.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:57 am

one more thing, a lot of people were saying that no way that broner takes this fight because its too dangerous. now people are saying that broner should easily win and doesnt mean anything. broner is doing exactly what everybody wanted. fighting the top guy in the weight class. this is about the best fight he could take at the moment.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:45 am

powerpuncher wrote:one more thing, a lot of people were saying that no way that broner takes this fight because its too dangerous. now people are saying that broner should easily win and doesnt mean anything. broner is doing exactly what everybody wanted. fighting the top guy in the weight class. this is about the best fight he could take at the moment.

That is true. It's one of the best fights available for him right now. I think Broner is the real deal, I just can't see how people find his arrogant and childish behaviour entertaining. I think the way he fucked Escobedo over with coming in overweight should've been punished more. I just hate the silver spoon treatment this Haymon managed fighter gets. Broner has got enough skills to not have to act like a muppet. He claims he has charisma, but there is a difference between being a dick and having charisma!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:35 pm

This fight is appealing because it is Broner stepping up to legit competition. If Broner is what he and the media says he is, he does blow out Demarco. I'm with Sooner that I give Demarco a VERY good shot of winning. It is a 50-50 fight to me and I would probably pick Demarco just to be on the short list if he does win Laughing Demarco has solid skills, above average power, a good chin and good heart. He is also a southpaw. Broner will not have the tremendous size advantage he has had recently. I can see the scenario where it is a 3rd, 4th, or 5th round TKO for Broner but I believe that won't be the case. I think Demarco can survive the first 3rd of the fight without being KD or seriously hurt. If that scenario happens, we will get to see how Broner responds to an unexpected scenario. I know he is saying the right things about it being a tough fight but I believe he thinks Demarco is tailor made for him and that he is the best young star in the game.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:47 pm

dbudge wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:one more thing, a lot of people were saying that no way that broner takes this fight because its too dangerous. now people are saying that broner should easily win and doesnt mean anything. broner is doing exactly what everybody wanted. fighting the top guy in the weight class. this is about the best fight he could take at the moment.

That is true. It's one of the best fights available for him right now. I think Broner is the real deal, I just can't see how people find his arrogant and childish behaviour entertaining. I think the way he fucked Escobedo over with coming in overweight should've been punished more. I just hate the silver spoon treatment this Haymon managed fighter gets. Broner has got enough skills to not have to act like a muppet. He claims he has charisma, but there is a difference between being a dick and having charisma!
he doesnt really bother me. he is what he is. i dont hate on fighters for their act. they do it to get a response. so loving him or hating him for it is a win for him.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Its an interesting fight for sure. I just hope that the nice, humble and crowd pleasing fighter beats the totally unlikeable and fake fighter.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:59 am

broner impressed me tonight. he showed me that he is the real deal. lightweight doesnt have anyone that great at it. demarco may have been the best. i dont see broner having much competition at that weight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:29 am

Easy win for Broner. That 135 pound division is weak though. In fact, they should just get rid of that division.

I would like to see him fight at 140. Much better opposition and would be good for his name recognition. Throw him in against Zab Judah as an introduction to the division.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:12 am

Broner should beat burns and grab the 135lb ring title and then just move up and beat Garcia for the 140lb title. I hate how good this clown is

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:34 am

Shaun wrote:Easy win for Broner. That 135 pound division is weak though. In fact, they should just get rid of that division.

I would like to see him fight at 140. Much better opposition and would be good for his name recognition. Throw him in against Zab Judah as an introduction to the division.

You want boxing to do away with the Lightweight Division? Get rid of Jr Welter and Super and Jr divisions at the Jockey weights.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:35 am

dbudge wrote:Broner should beat burns and grab the 135lb ring title and then just move up and beat Garcia for the 140lb title. I hate how good this clown is

He's a monster. Frank Warren will not allow Burns to catch that ass whopping.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:11 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
dbudge wrote:Broner should beat burns and grab the 135lb ring title and then just move up and beat Garcia for the 140lb title. I hate how good this clown is

He's a monster. Frank Warren will not allow Burns to catch that ass whopping.

I think you're right, although he claimed an agreement between himself and golden boy had already been reached not too long ago. However, I think last night will have changed that. I said a while back that Broner was gonna to be the next big thing in the sport and a lot of guys on here scoffed at that notion. I do love being right though Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil cyclops elephant

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:18 am

I have to eat crow. I thought Demarco was going to challenge him. The first 4 rounds even went the way I thought they needed to go for Demarco to have a chance. Then came round 5 and he got annihilated. Broner is the real deal but he does have Burns and Gamboa at 135. At 140, he has legit challenges that are promoted by GBP. Garcia and Matthysse are both waiting and probably drooling about the prospects.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:53 am

powerpuncher wrote:broner impressed me tonight. he showed me that he is the real deal. lightweight doesnt have anyone that great at it. demarco may have been the best. i dont see broner having much competition at that weight.
Me too. I wasnt for sure on him. That guy is damn good.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:54 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I have to eat crow. I thought Demarco was going to challenge him. The first 4 rounds even went the way I thought they needed to go for Demarco to have a chance. Then came round 5 and he got annihilated. Broner is the real deal but he does have Burns and Gamboa at 135. At 140, he has legit challenges that are promoted by GBP. Garcia and Matthysse are both waiting and probably drooling about the prospects.
Can I have a side of fries with mine?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:11 pm

I thought Broner would win the fight.

But not the way he did it.

I saw him outpointing and frustrating DeMarco, not annihilating him.

One more victory like this one against a top 135 guy and he makes the P4P list, I think
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 pm

I'd rather Broner face Burns then move up.

While Garcia is the ring recognized champ at 140, LM or Rios are the trials by fire that I want to see Broner face.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 pm

I agree on a Broner vs Burns fight. Burns is a pretty good boxer and could make it competitive. Broner still takes it by KO. I still don't like Broner because of ridicules personality and trying to hard to be like Floyd, but I've never questioned his skill and I love watching him fight. His chin is pretty good also. Broner should seriously have one or two more fights at lightweight and move up. The 130 and 135 division have been empty of talent because everyone has been moving up weight. They move up because the money is at 140-160 weight classes.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next