The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scheduled Fight update specifically for Sooner

5 posters

Go down

Scheduled Fight update specifically for Sooner Empty Scheduled Fight update specifically for Sooner

Post  captainanddew Thu May 12, 2011 7:47 pm

From ESPN'S king lardass:

Edison Miranda and Allan Green, two former contenders looking to get back into the title picture, will return in separate fights on the undercard of super middleweight titlist Carl Froch's defense against Glen Johnson in the Super Six World Boxing Classic semifinals June 4 in Atlantic City, N.J.

Miranda (33-5, 29 KOs) and Green (29-3, 20 KOs), who have both fought for super middleweight world titles, are moving up to light heavyweight.

Miranda, who had a number of exciting fights and scored plenty of big knockouts, has not fought since being stopped in the third round by super middleweight titlist Lucian Bute in April 2010. He returns in an eight-rounder against an opponent to be determined.

"I'd like to get him in the mix and make some money," Warriors Boxing promoter Leon Margules said. "Edison is a very exciting fighter. He adds a lot to the game of boxing. If he comes back and looks good, he can still stir it up and be a factor."

Green is scheduled for an eight-rounder against journeyman Dhafir Smith (24-20-7, 4 KOs), who outpointed former super middleweight titlist Jeff Lacy in a big upset in December.

Green talked a big game but was a massive disappointment when he was brought into Showtime's Super Six tournament as a replacement for former middleweight champion Jermain Taylor, who dropped out after suffering a brutal knockout to Arthur Abraham in their Group Stage 1 bout.

Green, who has lost two fights in a row in the Super Six, was shut out challenging titleholder Andre Ward in June 2010 and then knocked out in the eighth round by Johnson in November.

In a previously announced undercard fight, former light heavyweight titlist Zsolt Erdei (32-0, 17 KOs) will face former super middleweight titlist Byron Mitchell (28-7-1, 21 KOs) in a scheduled 10-rounder. Erdei looms as the mandatory challenger for the May 21 bout between light heavyweight titlist Jürgen Brahmer and Nathan Cleverly.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Scheduled Fight update specifically for Sooner Empty Re: Scheduled Fight update specifically for Sooner

Post  Soonermark890 Thu May 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Nice at least he is fighting again. I like the move up in weight for Green. He is a tall guy with a big frame who might be better at the higher weight (I hope).
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Scheduled Fight update specifically for Sooner Empty Re: Scheduled Fight update specifically for Sooner

Post  captainanddew Thu May 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Nice at least he is fighting again. I like the move up in weight for Green. He is a tall guy with a big frame who might be better at the higher weight (I hope).

if he can still make 168 he should be there. His biggest problem is his mental makeup. He allowed Ward to muscle him all night. He didn't make a good effort to get Ward off of him. Against Johnson, it appeared that he could have gotten up (and Green had success in some of the rounds).

To me, Green is a guy who is good enough to be lower top 10 in a division. He can beat guys just outside the top 10(guys he is better than physically), but he'll lose to good top 5 competition almost every time because he isn't as strong mentally(and those guys match him physically). I hope I'm wrong and he makes a good run in what could be the last part of his career.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri May 13, 2011 12:19 am

Damn, this is turning out to be a good card, but of course I can't go.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 13, 2011 7:19 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Damn, this is turning out to be a good card, but of course I can't go.

yeah, it is a good card. You'll have alot of name fighters and a few decent matchups.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:22 am

What happened to the green fight? I cant find out any info on it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:02 pm

So....getting the shit kicked out of them at 168 wasn't enough? How in the hell is anybody thinking that either Green or Miranda can compete at 175?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:12 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Nice at least he is fighting again. I like the move up in weight for Green. He is a tall guy with a big frame who might be better at the higher weight (I hope).

if he can still make 168 he should be there. His biggest problem is his mental makeup. He allowed Ward to muscle him all night. He didn't make a good effort to get Ward off of him. Against Johnson, it appeared that he could have gotten up (and Green had success in some of the rounds).

To me, Green is a guy who is good enough to be lower top 10 in a division. He can beat guys just outside the top 10(guys he is better than physically), but he'll lose to good top 5 competition almost every time because he isn't as strong mentally(and those guys match him physically). I hope I'm wrong and he makes a good run in what could be the last part of his career.

I think his problem was after that colon surgery. Maybe I had overrated him in the past but he doesn't look like the puncher he used to be. I think it's a smart move for both guys because 175 doesn't have as much talent as 168, but I would've liked to see them in the mix more at 168.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:15 pm

I don't think Green fought. Boxrec should've had something if he did.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:01 pm

I'd love to see Miranda vs Andrade.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Ali wrote:I'd love to see Miranda vs Andrade.
I want to see the rematch of Green vs Miranda. I think Miranda got lucky Green was sick.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down