The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Common sense question about players suing the NFL over brain damage.

3 posters

Go down

Common sense question about players suing the NFL over brain damage. Empty Common sense question about players suing the NFL over brain damage.

Post  Frank Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:43 am

I'd love to know the board's opinion on the following take concerning former NFL players suing the NFL over brain damage.

1. Football is a collision sport. The head takes a great deal of punishment.

2. The brain is in the head. Common sense can tell anyone there is a major chance of developing brain damage.

3.The NFL tells players that there's no evidence that football causes brain damage, however they give them millions of dollars to play the game.

4. These are grown men who can use the fortunes they make to go to numerous other clinics or Doctors to get a second opinion, 3rd, 4th, and 5th opinion and so on.

5. I don't think the argument is whether football causes neurological damage. The question is, is the league responsible for a group of grown men who could've gone else where to get opinons on their health?

6. My conclusion is that this is a super dumb trial (Like a lot of legal issues, this one is raising idiotic questions while the hard core, common sense questions are being ignored.). For the most part, the players are probably broke (I'm guessing here. I don't have the research to confirm this.) and trying to get back to their former financial status.

7. This is my take. I'd love to hear others.

Last edited by Frank on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Common sense question about players suing the NFL over brain damage. Empty Re: Common sense question about players suing the NFL over brain damage.

Post  BoxingGenius Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 am

IMO they know what they signed up for, and were rewarded handsomely in return for the risks they take. The fact that this is even a question is an absolute joke. In the words of Jimmy McGinty, thats why girls dont play the game!

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Common sense question about players suing the NFL over brain damage. Empty Re: Common sense question about players suing the NFL over brain damage.

Post  dmar5143 Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:55 am

BoxingGenius wrote:IMO they know what they signed up for, and were rewarded handsomely in return for the risks they take. The fact that this is even a question is an absolute joke. In the words of Jimmy McGinty, thats why girls dont play the game!
...I agree.all knew the risks of brain damage severe knee damage etc etc.there paid very well for thoses risks today as well as a free education .my grip is the greats like Ditka brown marchetti butkus and others that made this game were paid peanuts compared to the spoiled fucks of today and it reflects in a puny pension plan.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:35 am

dmar5143 wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:IMO they know what they signed up for, and were rewarded handsomely in return for the risks they take. The fact that this is even a question is an absolute joke. In the words of Jimmy McGinty, thats why girls dont play the game!
...I agree.all knew the risks of brain damage severe knee damage etc etc.there paid very well for thoses risks today as well as a free education .my grip is the greats like Ditka brown marchetti butkus and others that made this game were paid peanuts compared to the spoiled fucks of today and it reflects in a puny pension plan.
Agreed one thousand times over. This gets me sick too. Not a day goes by that I don't think of Conrad Dobler and his present day struggles.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down