The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Common sense matches.

2 posters

Go down

Common sense matches.  Empty Common sense matches.

Post  Frank Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:30 am

In my opinion, the following WW matches make the most sense in that: (a.) They benefit boxing and it's fans. (b) They would "most likely" be very exciting. (c) They would get the most potential out of the WW and JW divisions, giving us an exciting era in boxing that everyone would appreciate.

1. Victor Ortiz vs. Andre Burto II: Ok, I'll go on and admit that I'm pulling for Ortiz against Floyd and I have a whole list of factors that point to an upset in that fight. However, I'm also a realist and right now it looks like Floyd is a superior fighter in every way to Victor Ortiz. The Ortiz - Burto rematch works better. Burto states that he didn't show up for the first fight so he has no leg to stand on in avoiding a second fight. I think this would be a barn burner.

2. Amir Khan vs. Marquez: Khan is a good boxer, not a great boxer. He's not as good as Floyd Mayweather and in my opinion, would not dominate Marquez. Marquez gets inside and we have a slugfest with Khan's boxing ability letting him squeak out a late round stoppage or decision win.

3. Tim Bradley vs. : Don't like headbutt fighters. I've seen what the head can do and it far exceeds the damage the fists can do in the ring. Fuck Bradley. Tell him to learn how to fight a clean fight or get outta here. Better yet, match him against Zab Judah. Hey, for every asshole that wants to headbutt, there's a thug nobody gives a damn about to throw in with him. Holyfield - Tyson proved that.

4. Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather: This is not the greatest match up of all times. We've seen better, however given the postponements, I think if this does come off, the fan reaction may rival any in recent boxing history. Greatest fight in the sport. Don't kid yourself. As obnoxious as Floyd and his family are, boxing still needs this fight. It lives and dies off of real superfights, not superduds, as we've been treated to lately.

5. Sergio Martinez vs. Mentally challenged promoters: I have a sneaking suspicion that Sergio can be an attraction all by himself. He doesn't need a star to fight at this point. He has the looks, power, boxing ability and guts to give us some really exciting moments that are worth checking out. Ever heard of a figthing champion? Yeah, I know. It's a stone age term but it would be nice to see a blast from the past. If Sergio is as loyal to the MW division as let's say, Hagler, everyone should have a lot of fun watching him do his thing.

Instead of these match ups, Arum and company seem to be on a crusade to ruin any chance we have of forming an era in this welterweight division. Mismatches do not an era make. Anymore fights from the board are welcome. (My Take.)

Frank

Back to top Go down

Common sense matches.  Empty Re: Common sense matches.

Post  Diego408 Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:11 pm

If Sergio goes to either GBP or Top Rank, he'd make a name for himself with in the year. Sorry to say, but Lou aint doing shit for Sergio.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down