The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College FB - thursday, friday and saturday

3 posters

Go down

College FB - thursday, friday and saturday Empty College FB - thursday, friday and saturday

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 am

the 24th, 25th and 26th.. some good games.

Texas vs Texas A & M - thursday

LSU -Arkansas - friday

Stanford - Notre Dame - saturday night

cheers

Back to top Go down

College FB - thursday, friday and saturday Empty Re: College FB - thursday, friday and saturday

Post  Tobe Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Yanks!

Good weekend of college ball. I'm excited to watch Notre Dame's biggest game of the year at Stanford saturday night. Not nearly as confident of their chances to win since they're down their starting center Cave and their power running back Jonas Grey; not to mention all three guys who started the year on the D-line. But everyone is banged up this time of year.

The D is still pretty solid, and they do have at least three big-time weapons on offense - Mike Floyd is going to be a 1st round WR pick; Tyler Eifert will probably win the Mackie for best TE; and Cierre Wood is a good scat-back who has big play potential.

If they get into any kind of rhythm in the spread and the defense can make a few stops and get to Luck a few times I'd say the Irish are a live dog in this one! cheers
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

College FB - thursday, friday and saturday Empty Re: College FB - thursday, friday and saturday

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Tobe wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to all the Yanks!

Good weekend of college ball. I'm excited to watch Notre Dame's biggest game of the year at Stanford saturday night. Not nearly as confident of their chances to win since they're down their starting center Cave and their power running back Jonas Grey; not to mention all three guys who started the year on the D-line. But everyone is banged up this time of year.

The D is still pretty solid, and they do have at least three big-time weapons on offense - Mike Floyd is going to be a 1st round WR pick; Tyler Eifert will probably win the Mackie for best TE; and Cierre Wood is a good scat-back who has big play potential.

If they get into any kind of rhythm in the spread and the defense can make a few stops and get to Luck a few times I'd say the Irish are a live dog in this one! cheers

Kelly has done a remarkable job with ND this year. Even if ND doesn't get by Stanford saturday night, they'll finish up 8-4. Not too shabby, they should get a decent Bowl game out of it, and who knows they might upset Stanford. What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Texas vs Texas A & M comes on tonight in an hour or so, it's for "bragging rights" here in Texas, so i'll watch some of it.. rendeer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:06 pm

'Bama vs Arkansas comes on at 2:30 PM EST today on CBS.. this should be a good College FB game, i'm curious to see what Arkansas brings to the dance, it won't be easy for them @ LSU's Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, La.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Arkansas is hangin' tough, 14-14 @ the end of the 1st half.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Ring wrote:Arkansas is hangin' tough, 14-14 @ the end of the 1st half.
then lsu turns it on and destroys them Very Happy
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:19 pm

I just hope Bama doesn't go to the title game. It'd be a joke if they did.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:03 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I just hope Bama doesn't go to the title game. It'd be a joke if they did.

i just dont know who to put in front of them is the problem
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:01 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:I just hope Bama doesn't go to the title game. It'd be a joke if they did.

Right, and 'Bama's only loss, was in OT to LSU. (9-6) So if they get by Auburn today, who do you put in front of 'Bama and/or who would be more deserving of going to the title game?

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Ring wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Right, and 'Bama's only loss, was in OT to LSU. (9-6) So if they get by Auburn today, who do you put in front of 'Bama and/or who would be more deserving of going to the title game?

Like I said in another thread, Bama couldn't even win their division, let alone their conference. LSU will play Georgia in the SEC title game while Bama sits on it's ass doing jack shit.

How's that fair to LSU who would have to play an extra game, risking their shot at the title game, while Bama does nothing?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:13 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ring wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Like I said in another thread, Bama couldn't even win their division, let alone their conference. LSU will play Georgia in the SEC title game while Bama sits on it's ass doing jack shit.

How's that fair to LSU who would have to play an extra game, risking their shot at the title game, while Bama does nothing?

Yer nitpicking Grant, the only reason Bama won't win their division and/or their conference was because they "lost" in OT to LSU. Blame it on Bama's shitty FG kicker who missed 4 during the game. There's no shame in losing to LSU, the #1 team in the nation, by 3 points in overtime, you sound like that makes them a bunch of bums.

As for LSU playing an extra game, and Bama "sitting around doing nothing", WTF are they suppose to do? And how's that Bama's fault? Your arguments are fucking lame dude.

So tell me bro, assuming that LSU gets by Georgia next week, who should they play in the title game if not "undeserving" Alabama?

Last edited by Ring on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Bama lost to LSU at home, bro. Only argument the BCS has for not having a play off is how every game matters in the regular season. That's not the case if Bama goes. They already lost to LSU, didn't win their division in the regular season and won't be playing for their conference championship.

You got that, bro.

If this was a playoff Bama would be a wildcard. And it's wildcard teams that have to play extra games, not division winners.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:21 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Bama lost to LSU at home, bro. Only argument the BCS has for not having a play off is how every game matters in the regular season. That's not the case if Bama goes. They already lost to LSU, didn't win their division in the regular season and won't be playing for their conference championship.

You got that, bro.

If this was a playoff Bama would be a wildcard. And it's wildcard teams that have to play extra games, not division winners.

OK, I think I get where you're coming from, so according to the unwritten rules, 'Bama shouldn't go to the title game, that part makes sense. My guess is, they probably won't get a shot at a title game then.

BTW, Stanford vs. "The Gipper's finest" tonight..

cheers - War Canelo!

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Not so much an unwritten rule, but it's how the BCS goes, and why people been wanting a play-off.

Bama might be the 2nd best team. But the argument the BCS makes against critics is how they make the regular season exciting because every game matters.

So by the BCS standards, Bama should have beat LSU in the regular season and they should have won their division. If they let Bama play for the national title, they are contricting the very argument they have for existence over a play-off.

Bama going in undermines even having divisions and a conference title game. What the fuck is the point?

Only time a team that doesn't win their division but should get a shot at the championship is in a play-off system.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Stanford up 7-0, ND with the ball on their own 20.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:52 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Not so much an unwritten rule, but it's how the BCS goes, and why people been wanting a play-off.

Bama might be the 2nd best team. But the argument the BCS makes against critics is how they make the regular season exciting because every game matters.

So by the BCS standards, Bama should have beat LSU in the regular season and they should have won their division. If they let Bama play for the national title, they are contricting the very argument they have for existence over a play-off.

Bama going in undermines even having divisions and a conference title game. What the fuck is the point?

Only time a team that doesn't win their division but should get a shot at the championship is in a play-off system.

I get what you're saying, it will be interesting to see how it plays out, because like it or not, Bama does still have a shot at making it to the title game. It'll just depend on how the BCS vote goes at the end of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Stanford 21-zip at the half, looks like a blowout in progress unless ND can play better in the 2nd half. (poor Tobe) Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:21 am

UCLA just got embarrasseed by USC, losing 50-0

It's a shame that the Pac-12 Championship is going to be a joke because of the stupid ass NCAA and USC not being allowed to take part even though they are the best team in the South and beat Oregon.

UCLA will represent the South.

Even funnier is if Oregon beats UCLA, UCLA won't even be bowl eligible since they will have a losing record.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Ring wrote:Stanford 21-zip at the half, looks like a blowout in progress unless ND can play better in the 2nd half. (poor Tobe) Wink

Brutal. Another big game, another two dozen foolish mistakes and a loss. I'm starting to seriously question the coaching here - well coached teams don't make that many mistakes. It's not that Stanford even outplayed them really, just beat themselves again.
Mad
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Tobe wrote:
Ring wrote:Stanford 21-zip at the half, looks like a blowout in progress unless ND can play better in the 2nd half. (poor Tobe) Wink

Brutal. Another big game, another two dozen foolish mistakes and a loss. I'm starting to seriously question the coaching here - well coached teams don't make that many mistakes. It's not that Stanford even outplayed them really, just beat themselves again.
Mad
notre dame has actually surprised me this year by making certain games closer than i thought that would. maybe that arent that bad but they arent that good either.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down