The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for big fight.

+10
Gumby
UBeeg9cats
Soonermark890
Diego408
GrantZilla
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
gomez1012
captainanddew
Frank
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Predictions for big fight.  Empty Predictions for big fight.

Post  Frank Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:56 am

I've noticed that this is one of the most lopsided "superfights" I've ever seen in terms of who most fans are picking to win. Mayweather is an overwhelming choice, not just with the bookies, but the boxing press and observers as well. JZ has even backed up a few steps and stated that his "secret" dream may have changed his outlook on the upcoming evening.

Ok, fine. I would still like to hear predictions as to how this fight is going to go from the board, or at the very least, predict an outcome. I predict a 6th round T.K.O. from Mayweather. I think Ortiz will force him to fight and regret his decision.

My take on why nobody is picking Ortiz? By this time, Ortiz should have more than one supporter on this board. People often times choose who they "like" in place of who they suspect is the best fighter. Why hasn't this happened with Ortiz? Well, from this writers viewpoint, Ortiz and his arrogance coupled with his SOB stories have made him appear rather obnoxious. It's easy to be the good guy against MW, but it looks like our friend Victor has tried a little too hard. He's also a little too verbal for me to believe he's that much different than Floyd. What the fuck difference does it make in the end though? The reality is Ortiz is about to get the living shit beat out of him. If anyone is giving him "ANY" kind of a chance, please state your point. I won't challenge you, though you'll have my interest and probably everyone elses.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Predictions for big fight.  Empty Re: Predictions for big fight.

Post  captainanddew Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:34 am

I'm picking Floyd because Ortiz has about 3-4 rounds to land some hard shots. I don't think he will do it enough to change the outcome of the fight.

Floyd got caught by Mosley early.
ODH's jab was somewhat effective and carried the early rounds (even though neither guy was particularly effective early in that fight).
Zab landed some nice left uppercuts early.
I believe that when Chop Chop wobbled Floyd it was early in their fight (though I could be wrong).

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 am

I see a middle to late round TKO for Floyd.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:54 am

Ortiz = Tarver
Flod = Roy

Twisted Evil History shall repeat itself Twisted Evil
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Floyd will confuse & tire Ortiz out with his usual brand of tight defense & counter punching skills. By round 9 or 10 it will be evident that Ortiz has been outclassed and his corner will be telling him "You need a knockout." Ortiz will try to come out strong only to get tagged by Mayweather. If Ortiz plays it safe in the last 3 rounds, it's a UD for Floyd. If he stays aggressive, Floyd KO's him.

I hope I'm wrong and that jz_hova's crazy prediction of an Ortiz KO is the truth..... cheers
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:35 pm

^^^ I'm with this guy. Ortiz jumps in too much with his hands down and chin up Floyd will be able to time this by the middle to late rounds and pot shots will turn into combinations the more tired Ortiz gets. This fight won't even be close. Floyd KO's Ortiz in the 10th.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:40 pm

I can't pick Ortiz because the kid hasn't shown me enough that he has any business even being in the ring with Mayweather.

A close win over Berto is not enough. Especialy when he struggled to get a draw against Peterson.

That said, I'd love to be surprised, and see Ortiz put Floyd on his ass. Boxing needs an upset of that calibor
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Well Im picking Ortiz because Im rooting for him lol just to be honest. I also feel hes the best fighter Floyds fought since Castillo. Ortiz is a lot more powerful physically, is bigger and is the biggest puncher Floyd has ever stepped up against. I like the youth that he brings also and the relentless attidute. Ortiz could possibly have a 10 pound advantage on fight night.

But from my boxing knowledge Floyd should be the winner, given Ortiz struggled against Peterson who has been the best pure boxer hes faced so far. He did drop Peterson twice, but just looked horrble after that. Ortiz didnt press and just stayed away from Peterson when he was the way bigger puncher! It was a very frustrating fight to see because Ortiz could of stopped him, but the boy was timid (timid no more though if you saw the Berto fight). Even Alvarez (an espn troll from the same town) stated this before his loss to Maidana lol. Victor won that fight even though it was scored a Majority draw by the judges, but Peterson isnt close to being on Floyds level. Floyd is just on a whole different class in terms of boxing skill compared to Ortiz. That tight D, quick jab and those hard to see left hooks from Floyd will certainly give himthe edge (because they will land). Ortiz maybe younger, but Floyd has way quicker hands. Victors overhand left will be the deciding factor in the fight I think. Only until Mayweather figures it out and factors it out of the fight. Ortiz is going to be hit a lot when he lunges in (see Rickey Hatton). Ortiz's best bet is landing some thing big because Floyd's reflexs could possibly not be the same with age and time out of the ring. The only way Ortiz wins is if Floyd lost timing with all his inactivity lately.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:46 pm

I am conflicted. Floyd will win easily that is for sure but how? I just dont know if Floyd will take enough chances to get him out of there even if its a stoppage. I am picking Floyd by UD 120-108.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:54 pm

I will go with Mayweather by UD. I will venture the bold prediction of Floyd being on the canvas in the 3rd but winning with scores of 116-111.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Floyd UD. I can't see him stopping Ortiz. I think Ortiz has the ability to make it Floyd's toughest fight if he doesn't try to box him and stays aggressive.

I've never liked Ortiz. His personality seems phony. But I respect him.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:11 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Ortiz = Tarver
Flod = Roy

my 2nd scenario

Ortiz = Segura
Flod = Calderon

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Frank wrote:I've noticed that this is one of the most lopsided "superfights" I've ever seen in terms of who most fans are picking to win. Mayweather is an overwhelming choice, not just with the bookies, but the boxing press and observers as well.

Pacquaio-Mosley???
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Flod vs marquez
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:45 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Ortiz = Tarver
Flod = Roy

my 2nd scenario

Ortiz = Segura
Flod = Calderon

Most ppl picked Segura to win.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:45 pm

just prediction on what Ortiz needs to do to win

Come out slugging like Segura did and attack the body
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:59 pm

i swear that everybody was saying that floyd couldnt knock out anybody and he wouldnt KO ortiz. now there are a lot of TKO predictions. i think that ortiz is going down early in the fight (like round 2) and then probably again in the middle rounds (round 7), then the fight will be stopped in round 10 from a one sided beating.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Floyd beats him up with counters but never takes a real chance. UD Floyd.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:30 am

after watching Floyd and Ortiz's last 4 fights last night, my view of the fight hasn't changed. Floyd's legs aren't what they once were. He is going to have to stand and fight more at times over his next few fights than he did in the past. Ortiz needs to get to the body early as looking to land just one or two straight left/left uppercuts won't be enough.

Relatively even fight through 5-6 rounds but Floyd weathers any storm and is able to pick him apart with counter right hands and especially the lead check hook (which should mess up an anxious, pressing, Ortiz who is trying to change a fight he is losing).

Floyd wins a UD or possibly scores a late TKO

Hope I am wrong and Ortiz has better speed, power, poise, and the "it" factor that allows him to pull off the upset.
I can't help thinking Ortiz would be able to do it if Floyd was another 12-18 months older and Ortiz had another few fights at 147.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:05 am

I think the entire fight rests on Ortiz's sense of urgency and focus. In every fight I've seen he has too many mental lapses where he either lets his guard down and eats flush shots or just stops fighting all together. He won't be able to outbox Floyd like he did Berto so he'll need to be in his grill all night to have a chance.

I'm curious to see how strong Floyd is. He looked much stronger in the Mosley fight than I'd ever seen him so I wonder what he's going to look like after another layoff.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:46 am

Wortiz by KO
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:52 pm

jz_hova wrote:Wortiz by KO
So you're sticking with it?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:58 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:Wortiz by KO
So you're sticking with it?

yep it's on my friend
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:02 pm

I am pretty confident Floyd's going to get a TKO tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:05 pm

Ali wrote:I am pretty confident Floyd's going to get a TKO tonight.

haven't had one since 2007
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next