The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOISE STATE

2 posters

Go down

BOISE STATE Empty BOISE STATE

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:41 pm

for the past 2 years they have been impressive.this year hopefully in a bowl game they can meet a big time established team and not tcu i hope..utah showed there overated getting crushed by boise and notre dame a mediocre club..hawaii please..i think boises for real but if they played in the big ten the sec or the big 12 they would have a few defeats.in thoses conferences i think they would be a solid mid level team.a 8-4 maybe at best a 9-3 club..a 25 game win streak..nooo way.soo by saying that it shows they belong..at least for the past few years..can they pull a one game upset in a bowl this year..sure..but in a big time conference they would have 3 or 4 defeats for sure..thats no shame..ask penn state or oklahoma.

Back to top Go down

BOISE STATE Empty Re: BOISE STATE

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:47 pm

dmar5143 wrote:for the past 2 years they have been impressive.this year hopefully in a bowl game they can meet a big time established team and not tcu i hope..utah showed there overated getting crushed by boise and notre dame a mediocre club..hawaii please..i think boises for real but if they played in the big ten the sec or the big 12 they would have a few defeats.in thoses conferences i think they would be a solid mid level team.a 8-4 maybe at best a 9-3 club..a 25 game win streak..nooo way.soo by saying that it shows they belong..at least for the past few years..can they pull a one game upset in a bowl this year..sure..but in a big time conference they would have 3 or 4 defeats for sure..thats no shame..ask penn state or oklahoma.
HEY HEY HEY. LOL

I want boise and TCU to join the Big 12. This is how they could do it

Big 12 North
Boise State
Mizz
Iowa St
Oklahoma St
Kansas
kansas St

Big 12 South
OU
TX
TX Tech
TCU
Baylor
TX AM
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:42 pm

I love what Boise State and TCU have done.

Now do I really believe those teams could be top teams in the SEC or the Big whatever it is now? Not really. But that's ok. College football teams have never all played similar schedules and with those schedules set years in advance all one can ask is that they best whomever is in front of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:51 pm

It has become apparent to me that for a non-AQ to even have a chance at the title game, they need a very solid prior year as well as 1 or less AQ undefeateds. Boise and TCU both have done this by getting BCS bids last year and returning nearly everyone. Boise is a well coached team that I wonder what would happen with big time exposure. My guess is that Boise would be more negatively affected by players leaving early because they run as a well oiled machine. Big time programs have less seniors. I still think Auburn stumbles and gives a non-AQ a chance.

As I have been rooting for Boise this whole year, I have thought out what could be the most torturous season ending result possible and think it is possible. TCU will lose in the computer polls next week and Boise will gain this week and next. I can see Boise closing the gap in the computer polls to take the lead in the BCS that week. Many people are predicting this. However, Boise plays a very weak Utah State the following week. This will drop their computer rankings. The biggest gutshot would be for Boise to be ranked 2nd in the BCS over Thanksgiving weekend and slip to 3rd behind TCU because of the Utah State game. Boise could then very realistically go to the Kraft Hunger Bowl because no BCS bowl would be forced to take them.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:10 pm

Boise needs to join a real conference. With TCU leaving, the MWC is as weak or weaker than the current WAC. The WAC and the MWC only have 15 members between them (if TCU leaves). I don't think dramatic conference changes would happen but I could see a way to give the MWC some clout. Merge MWC and WAC but give New Mexico, NMSU, and SJSU to the Sun Belt. Both the newly merged conference and the Sun Belt would have 12 teams now and have a conf champ game. The MWC/WAC could then put all the good teams in one division: Boise, Nevada, Fresno, Hawaii, Air Force, and San Diego State. They would also have an ultra short conference schedule of 6 games (one cross divisional game a year). 6 non conf games would be awesome for SOS but I don't know if that is possible.

Of course, Boise joining the Big 12 would be simpler and better Smile

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down