The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penn State's sanctions...

4 posters

Go down

Penn State's sanctions... Empty Penn State's sanctions...

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:47 pm

-$60 Million fine
-4 year bowl ban
-all wins from 1998-2011 vacated (Bowden once again the all time win leader)
-Loss of scholarships

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8191027/penn-state-hit-60-million-fine-4-year-bowl-ban-wins-dating-1998
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Penn State's sanctions... Empty Re: Penn State's sanctions...

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:33 pm

GOOD!!!!!!!! I hope their program never recovers.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:01 am

i feel bad for some of the players who grew up fans. i think that everyone involved needs to be fired (but i think they all have been) and then maybe give a few penalties but maybe not so excessive. i mean, it wasnt everyone who did this. it was only some of the higher ups.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:15 am

The punishment needed to be harsh and it was harsh; it could have been the "death penalty" and I would have been fine with that too.

A lot of people are saying that this type of thing could have happened at a number of other schools; I agree to some extent, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable. Places where a cult of personality gets built up around one man (Paterno) are particularly volunerable to crimes like these. At a school where there's a new coach every 3 or 4 years it's hard to believe someone would go to the coach BEFORE going to the police to report a crime.

Penn State was a program I respected, but now that we see how it really worked it's pretty disgusting. Here's a good article from Notre Dame Central on MSNBC on this: http://irish.nbcsports.com/2012/07/24/penn-state-penalties-should-force-a-look-in-the-mirror/related/
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:26 am

While i've never set foot in State College,PA, I always had a ton of respect for the team and Paterno. Not anymore. They were certainly deserving of the four year death penalty that was discussed.

And I have a feeling that we'll be hearing about even more cases of Sandusky's pedophilia and Paterno covering it up for years to come. There was a junior hockey coach in Canada named Graham James, who was basically the Canadian Sandusky. He coached numerous underage kids for years, some of which went on to have outstanding NHL careers. In the 90's he finally was arrested and convicted for molesting some of his players and got some disgustingly light sentence. One of his victims (Theo Fleury) didn't come out and talk about it until nearly 15 years after the sick fuck was convicted and living in Mexico, doing god knows what. Thankfully he's back in prison now and will hopefully die there.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down