The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE STATE OF THE HW DIVISION

+2
powerpuncher
shakefree
6 posters

Go down

THE STATE OF THE HW DIVISION Empty THE STATE OF THE HW DIVISION

Post  Guest Sat May 28, 2011 11:02 am

watching tompson fight friday night in what was one of the jokes of the year called a HW eliminator.a eliminator is right.the loser should get his licsence eliminated.bo-hop said if thats representaive of american HWS then there in trouble..nope its the entire division..im not an advocate nor a fan of boxing recs ratings at all..but i looked at there top 32 HWS and heres what stands out.aging pieces of crap wine thats turned to vineger..harrison age 39.gomez 37.grant 38.lawrence 35 .wlad 35. vitali 39.mormek 38.hollifield 48.thompson 39.austin38.bosewell 41.tua38.ibragimov 36 and when valuez returns and wins a fight hell crack the top 30 again at age38..first question on some of these guys is who the fuck are they.keep in mind we have mccall rahman and others still fighting that could crack the top 35..the so called young prospects are fighting rarely and against stiffs so bad that they cant crack the top 30.
the division is so bad that even young blood is tired blood because of not fighting live dogs ...today a live dog in the HW is one who barks on occasion but dont bite because theres no teeth left...this is awfull.beyound awfull.its devastating.

Back to top Go down

THE STATE OF THE HW DIVISION Empty Re: THE STATE OF THE HW DIVISION

Post  Guest Sat May 28, 2011 11:31 am

It is sad to see this once great division in this state.

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat May 28, 2011 11:54 am

i agree it sucks nowadays,but for the most part it's usually a haven of mediocrity.i think that's partly why the greats & even more when 2 or 3 appear around the same time capture not just boxing fans,but the world's attention,even the greats who transcend the sport may only have 1 great rival.that's why there's so many differing opinions on who's the greatest & why the 70's is the best era for hws.probably only time there was 3,4 rivals

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat May 28, 2011 2:54 pm

the problem is when a division is so bad, old fighters can stay around for a long time because there arent too many fighters that will just destroy them. people like thompson who really isnt very talented but has a few tools can stick around and still beat every fighter outside of the top 10 and even some fighters in the top 10.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat May 28, 2011 5:17 pm

The most depressing thing is looking at the boxrec HW rankings and finding nobody to get excited about, and all medicre to flat out bums.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Sat May 28, 2011 5:28 pm

The real testament to how bad this division is, like dmar said, how also-rans from the 90's are still the majority of the most relevant U.S. heavyweights.

The fact that a dug-up guy like Maurice Harris can even be in a spot for an "elimination" bout tells you all you need to know.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat May 28, 2011 5:43 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:The real testament to how bad this division is, like dmar said, how also-rans from the 90's are still the majority of the most relevant U.S. heavyweights.

The fact that a dug-up guy like Maurice Harris can even be in a spot for an "elimination" bout tells you all you need to know.

+1

Wlad and Vitali where struggling years back, now dominating...
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat May 28, 2011 6:16 pm

I don't like the excuse that NBA and NFL have stolen our HWs, but shit. Hard not to think so when looking at how terrible the division is.

Out of a country of 300 million you can't tell me Arreola and Thompson are the best we can produce
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 29, 2011 1:12 am

GrantZilla wrote:I don't like the excuse that NBA and NFL have stolen our HWs, but shit. Hard not to think so when looking at how terrible the division is.

Out of a country of 300 million you can't tell me Arreola and Thompson are the best we can produce
i think that its because boxing has gone down hill that people arent even thinking of boxing as an option. plus people have gotten richer in the US and it used to be a poor man sport. and its not in schools like basketball and football so its not as accessible. i know that in portland there arent too many boxing gyms and that goes for a lot of other cities in the US. i think that its just less accessible to go to a gym and its not a sport that people think about doing.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun May 29, 2011 4:40 pm

So few gyms left, that seems to be the problem. Kids might like watching the fights, but without the proper coaches around, nobody will get involved.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down