The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ali you lost the bet

3 posters

Go down

Ali you lost the bet Empty Ali you lost the bet

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:54 pm

I bet you earlier this year on ESPN that David Gaye would bitch out of fighting a Klit this year. Well, he's not fighting a Klit this year.

Loser had to sport a sig

So you now have to have "David Gaye is a big mouth pussy!" as your sig

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Ali you lost the bet Empty Re: Ali you lost the bet

Post  Rum Capital Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:12 pm

lmao whats up zilla?
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:14 pm

how is it going Grant. I see that you haven't lost your love for the Klits.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Eh. Not their fault the division is a disgrace. But I agree with Tyson's recent comments:

"They are effective, but they are not exciting and will not move and knock people out quick," former heavyweight champion Tyson said. "People want to see action, they want adrenaline and see the hair stand up on the back of their necks. The Klitschkos do not do that. People want more than wins, they want excitement."

Zilla been in exile at the Boxinghideout after Grace IP locked me at ESPN. Not even proxies work. I could have got a new IP, but what's the point. Just get ratted out to Grace, and get it locked again
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:47 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I bet you earlier this year on ESPN that David Gaye would bitch out of fighting a Klit this year. Well, he's not fighting a Klit this year.

Loser had to sport a sig

So you now have to have "David Gaye is a big mouth puss!"y as your sig

i like it

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:55 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Eh. Not their fault the division is a disgrace. But I agree with Tyson's recent comments:

"They are effective, but they are not exciting and will not move and knock people out quick," former heavyweight champion Tyson said. "People want to see action, they want adrenaline and see the hair stand up on the back of their necks. The Klitschkos do not do that. People want more than wins, they want excitement."

Zilla been in exile at the Boxinghideout after Grace IP locked me at ESPN. Not even proxies work. I could have got a new IP, but what's the point. Just get ratted out to Grace, and get it locked again

I hung around espn for a while after you were locked out. It became rather difficult to deal with the insane amount of garbage. It hit rock bottom for me in May when I went down the first 4 pages of threads and there was only about 4 threads worth posting in. And one of those threads had two idiots in the middle of the thread come in and make 75 posts back and forth about having "hijacked" the thread. At that point it was time to go.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:57 pm

So why you guys here now? Did MMA run site have too many MMA huggers coming on and hijacking shit? I knew they would.

Impossible to co-exist with the Tap-Out crowd
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:00 pm

GrantZilla wrote:So why you guys here now? Did MMA run site have too many MMA huggers coming on and hijacking shit? I knew they would.

yeah some posters had problems with some of the guys over there. i for one had a hard time everytime i went there seeing a ninja inside of a cage and once even suggested that they would post a ring for the boxing section but the people over there are more into samurais, roided ex wwe characters and guys rolling on a mat on speedos. Embarassed
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:02 pm

I do want to clear the air. I don't hate MMA. It's alright. I was so excited to see that fraud Brock get his ass kicked.

Just not into grappling shit. And stand-up, yeah I know it's different in MMA, but jesus do they suck at throwing punches. The punch that sent Brock rolling all over the mat, you couldn't telegraph it more.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:05 pm

GrantZilla wrote:So why you guys here now? Did MMA run site have too many MMA huggers coming on and hijacking shit? I knew they would.

I liked ninjas.
It had one MMA guy that eventually got under the skin of quite a few people. He also was rubbing off on some guys. Guys who are fine as long as they aren't around an asshole. As soon as they are, they start acting like one too.

I don't think there was any other MMA guys over there that caused any trouble. Some of them were fans of both boxing and MMA (like Ali). Heck, even some of the pure MMA guys seemed to genuinely wanted to learn about boxing.

Last edited by captainanddew on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:10 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I do want to clear the air. I don't hate MMA. It's alright. I was so excited to see that fraud Brock get his ass kicked.

Just not into grappling shit. And stand-up, yeah I know it's different in MMA, but jesus do they suck at throwing punches. The punch that sent Brock rolling all over the mat, you couldn't telegraph it more.

I'm kind of in the same boat you are. I don't hate it, but I can't get into the grappling. I've tried.

I do like some of the fights that are mostly stand-up, but it is hit or miss. You can end up with 2 guys doing stand-up that aren't good at it and then I'm bored. If 2 guys who are good at it are fighting then I'll watch it.

I also notice that guys will grapple for a minute and then they get to their feet, and there is no way in hell they can punch for anything at that point. You grapple and then try to punch and your muscles are screaming no way!!!! My little brother was a good high school wrestler and he says yeah after a minute or two of wrestling/grappling, it would be hard as hell to throw any kind of punch standing up.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Aw yeah I completely forgot about that bet, D'oh.

I still have two months left, you never know Chisora might pull out and Haye might replace him Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:52 pm

wow, Haye stepping in for Chisora. you must be drinking too much Scottish whisky my friend.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:55 pm

captainanddew wrote:wow, Haye stepping in for Chisora. you must be drinking too much Scottish whisky my friend.

Mmmmm, Glenlivet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:55 pm

captainanddew wrote:wow, Haye stepping in for Chisora. you must be drinking too much Scottish whisky my friend.

It'll happen, and Oprah will run for president in 2012.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:00 pm

Ali wrote:Aw yeah I completely forgot about that bet, D'oh.

I still have two months left, you never know Chisora might pull out and Haye might replace him Laughing

Haye will need 7 months to rest and "spend some time with his family" after his participation in the Fraud Bowl with Fraudley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Canvas wrote:
Ali wrote:Aw yeah I completely forgot about that bet, D'oh.

Haye will need 7 months to rest and "spend some time with his family" after his participation in the Fraud Bowl with Fraudley.

The sad thing is that joke of a fight is generating alot of interest over here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down