The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Bradley has lost me as a fan

+4
SlickMoney
gomez1012
hardcorebee24
captainanddew
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tim Bradley has lost me as a fan Empty Tim Bradley has lost me as a fan

Post  captainanddew Fri May 20, 2011 6:55 pm

danrafaelespn I just spoke to Gary Shaw & his lawyer. They both told me Tim Bradley formally rejected the @AmirKingKhan offer. Seems dead

After Kahn offered a ton for a guy who can't draw anyone, doesn't KO anyone, and has fights that can turn ugly very quickly.

Bradley started off as a tough fighter who appeared to be old school. Instead he is just a little bitch like alot of today's fighters.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Tim Bradley has lost me as a fan Empty Re: Tim Bradley has lost me as a fan

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri May 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Bradley career suicide. He's hoping that JMM loses in his tuneup so he can get Pac. Neither will happen. Either that or he should challenge Ortiz for the Welter Strap he got off of Berto.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 6:59 pm

What a shame....

He's probably signing with Arum.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 7:00 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Bradley career suicide. He's hoping that JMM loses in his tuneup so he can get Pac. Neither will happen. Either that or he should challenge Ortiz for the Welter Strap he got off of Berto.

I think he's hoping for JMM to get whooped by Pac so he can get his shot in 2012
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri May 20, 2011 7:01 pm

"Legacy dont pay bills"
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Just as I expected. He's a total bitch.

There is no fucking exscuse for this. More money and a crack at being the man at Jr Welter.

Fuck Bradley.

I wish his ass be thrown out of the rankings. Not Khan's fault the bitch won't fight him, robbing him of a chance to be the Champ

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 7:03 pm

SlickMoney wrote:"Legacy dont pay bills"

That exscuse doesn't even work. He was being offered more money by HBO, and 50% of the UK PPV profits. That's added onto an already career high payday.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 20, 2011 7:04 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Bradley career suicide. He's hoping that JMM loses in his tuneup so he can get Pac. Neither will happen. Either that or he should challenge Ortiz for the Welter Strap he got off of Berto.

I think he's hoping for JMM to get whooped by Pac so he can get his shot in 2012

that would be fine if he was getting offered 300,000 to fight Khan and he was going to get say 5,000,000 to fight Pac. But his offer for Khan got upped to a guaranteed 1.4 million. 1.4 million with an upside depending on how the PPV did in the UK.

How much would he get if he fought Pac? Unless it would be 7-8 million (which it isn't), he is an idiot for turning down a guaranteed 1.4 million.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 7:07 pm

SlickMoney wrote:"Legacy dont pay bills"

+1

All Timmy is looking at right now is that Pacquiao Payday

1.4 million or 5 mil + PPV revenue

The guy wants the biggest fight possible. I cant hate him for it, just disappointing considering we wont get to see the Jr WW picture resolved anytime soon

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Bradley wouldn't get 5 million like JMM or Mosley got. He brings nothing to the table at all.

He is not a name. And he has no fanbase to speak of. And Pac and The Roach know this. No way they'd agree to him getting that kind of payday when they know Pac would by carrying the show.

Add on, The Roach is Khan's trainer, and is pissed at Bradley.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 7:09 pm

gomez1012 wrote:[The guy wants the biggest fight possible. I cant hate him for it, just disappointing considering we wont get to see the Jr WW picture resolved anytime soon

Why the fuck not! What has he done to earn a big payday? Yeah, beating Khan and becoming the Man in his division and getting more exposure would be one thing.

Sitting on your ass all summer, and fighting some chump on HBO that likely bring in terrible ratings like all his fights, entitles you to jackshit.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 7:09 pm

captainanddew wrote:[
that would be fine if he was getting offered 300,000 to fight Khan and he was going to get say 5,000,000 to fight Pac. But his offer for Khan got upped to a guaranteed 1.4 million. 1.4 million with an upside depending on how the PPV did in the UK.

How much would he get if he fought Pac? Unless it would be 7-8 million (which it isn't), he is an idiot for turning down a guaranteed 1.4 million.

He would make a ton vs Pac and he's done with Gary Shaw.

I dont like the move but its the best decision for Tim Bradley. I can understand why he did it.

Joshua Clottey is still living comfortably off the Pac beatdown. Shane Mosley is talking retirement after his sorry ass effort.

Its hitting the boxing lotto

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri May 20, 2011 7:10 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Bradley wouldn't get 5 million like JMM or Mosley got. He brings nothing to the table at all.

He is not a name. And he has no fanbase to speak of. And Pac and The Roach know this. No way they'd agree to him getting that kind of payday when they know Pac would by carrying the show.

Add on, The Roach is Khan's trainer, and is pissed at Bradley.

Clottey was in the same boat.

Bradley signs with TR and Arum can once again keep it in house.

What did Clottey get? 1 million plus PPV profits? Which i think came out altogether to over 3 million. Bradley can get more than that. NOT 5 mill guaranteed but close to it.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 7:11 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Why the fuck not! What has he done to earn a big payday? Yeah, beating Khan and becoming the Man in his division and getting more exposure would be one thing.

Sitting on your ass all summer, and fighting some chump on HBO that likely bring in terrible ratings like all his fights, entitles you to jackshit.

Because Im a fan of the sport, shit happens, I move on

Not going to crucify a guy for getting the most he can in this dangerous sport. Like I said, I dont like the move but I understand why he's doing it

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 7:11 pm

captain ill join you and ill never root for this guy who impersonates a fighter.heres hoping the next time he fights a promoter buys the ref and the doctor and they ignore the corner tossing in the towel and he gets decked 10 times before getting koed by a soft touch..kahn had to take maybe 1 to 2 million out of his pocket give it to bradley hoping he would honor his worthless word.
theres no excuse to defend this punk.i dont want to hear this or that etc etc..in all the years ive followed boxing and sports this is the biggest disgrace ive ever seen..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Clottey got 1.25 mill. Not 5. When all is said and done, Bradley could get close to 2 mill fighting Khan.

No way Bradley is getting 5 million when he brings nothing to the table.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 7:14 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Clottey got 1.25 mill. Not 5. When all is said and done, Bradley could get close to 2 mill fighting Khan.

No way Bradley is getting 5 million when he brings nothing to the table.

Pacquiao is raking in 20 mil +

The pie just keeps getting bigger. Like Slick said, he might not see $5 million, but it sure will be more than the 1.4 for Khan

I would expect Top Rank to have him on under card of Nov PPV to build him up then set it up for 2012
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 7:16 pm

All of ya are killing Bradley but I would bet everything that you would do the same thing in his shoes

Khan in the Summer or Pacquiao 2012?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 7:19 pm

im guessing the idiot turned down 3 million to fight kahn..first it was 1.3 by hbo for him to fight and the other day hbo said it would up the offer.lets say 1.5 mill..the england ppv.i dont think im out of line thinking the fight does 400 thousand and lets say a cheap 20 dollars usa money..thats 8 mill.4 mill to sky 1 mill to the promoter and 3 mil the fighters split...hes a tough guy..lol.no fritzie zivic armstrong duran even boom boom mancini they were tough guys..hes a first class punk..top shelf.calling him a pussy is a insult to the pussys.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 7:19 pm

gomez1012 wrote:All of ya are killing Bradley but I would bet everything that you would do the same thing in his shoes

Sorry if I don't feel sorry for a guy thinking over million dollar payday with more with UK PPV money is not enough.

No fucking reason he can't fight Khan and then Pac. Yet your making exscuses for him to sit on his ass all summer and fight some chump and collect his HBO check likely later this year.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 7:20 pm

gomez1012 wrote:All of ya are killing Bradley but I would bet everything that you would do the same thing in his shoes

...sorry absolutely not.some of us believe in honor your word values and prinicples plus our abilty...he does not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 7:21 pm

grant hes not going to get a hbo date fighting a chump..thell pass.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Bradley will not make more then 3 mill fighting Pac. And I doubt it's that much.

Fuck, Clottey was more of a name then Bradley. He was coming off feature fights against Cotto and Zab.

Nobody knows who Bradley is. And the hardcore fans that do, know he bitched out fighting Khan, and he's boring to watch.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 20, 2011 7:25 pm

no guarantee he gets Pac. Pac isn't fighting until November. And what happens if the IRS comes calling to Floyd's house again (he doesn't seem to pay his tax bills with regularity), and thus pushing Floyd to a Pac fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 7:27 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Sorry if I don't feel sorry for a guy thinking over million dollar payday with more with UK PPV money is not enough.

No fucking reason he can't fight Khan and then Pac. Yet your making exscuses for him to sit on his ass all summer and fight some chump and collect his HBO check likely later this year.

Nobody feeling sorry for him or making excuses for him. Just saying I understand the move on his part.

Shaw desperate to get the Khan fight done because he resigns Bradley.

Bradley passes, deal expires, free to go to Top Rank and increase his chances of landing the biggest fight possible in his career

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next