The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much has Floyd and Pac lost?

5 posters

Go down

How much has Floyd and Pac lost? Empty How much has Floyd and Pac lost?

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:03 pm

In terms of their primes. Neither is in their prime anymore. How much has each fighter lost? I know they are very close to that prime because both work very hard but what have they lost? Also does it tarnish the fight if/when its made? No matter who wins there will be excuses.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How much has Floyd and Pac lost? Empty Re: How much has Floyd and Pac lost?

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:24 pm

I don't think they lost that much. Mayweather's legs might not be what they use to be, but it's not slowed him down.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:30 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I don't think they lost that much. Mayweather's legs might not be what they use to be, but it's not slowed him down.
So whats going to be the excuse for both sides?

If Pac wins:
1. Pac cheated he was on PED's
2. A-side meth is a hell of a drug.
3. Floyd is too old.

If Floyd wins:
1. Pac was just too small
2. All the wars Pac was in took its toll
3. He finally heard his own album.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Who cares about the exscuses. Stupid fangirls will make up exscuses regardless. They just make themselves look stupid.

That said, the fight needs to happen next year or it will be too late.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Neither have lost anything to speak of. Both are still in their primes. What has either showed that gives the impression that they're past their prime? Floyd has dominated all of his opponents and Paquiao has dominated all but one. The only guy Pac hasnt dominated is his rival and a guy and style he cant dominate. There and will be no excuses if they fight. The post fight analysis will be that Pacquiao fought a better fighter who kicked his ass.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:50 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Who cares about the exscuses. Stupid fangirls will make up exscuses regardless. They just make themselves look stupid.

That said, the fight needs to happen next year or it will be too late.
Yep if its not their next fight I am afraid that it will never happen.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:55 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Neither have lost anything to speak of. Both are still in their primes. What has either showed that gives the impression that they're past their prime? Floyd has dominated all of his opponents and Paquiao has dominated all but one. The only guy Pac hasnt dominated is his rival and a guy and style he cant dominate. There and will be no excuses if they fight. The post fight analysis will be that Pacquiao fought a better fighter who kicked his ass.
First off Age: Pac is 32 and Floyd is 34. Floyd's last few fights he hasnt moved as much and usually that shows that they are losing their legs. Pac himself has said his legs are not the same. So yes I think that they are on the downhill side of their prime.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Neither have lost anything to speak of. Both are still in their primes. What has either showed that gives the impression that they're past their prime? Floyd has dominated all of his opponents and Paquiao has dominated all but one. The only guy Pac hasnt dominated is his rival and a guy and style he cant dominate. There and will be no excuses if they fight. The post fight analysis will be that Pacquiao fought a better fighter who kicked his ass.
First off Age: Pac is 32 and Floyd is 34. Floyd's last few fights he hasnt moved as much and usually that shows that they are losing their legs. Pac himself has said his legs are not the same. So yes I think that they are on the downhill side of their prime.

Floyd hasn't moved much but landed more, this is a new era of his prime, he's reinvented himself. Pac is making bullshit excuses because people's (His coach) expectations of him are too high. Pacquiao is better than he was four years ago. He's better than he was when he beat DLH and he's better than he was when he iced Hatton. He fought his nemesis to a close victory. Neither guy is afraid to punch and neither guy gets tired over the course of a fight and neither guy has been made to look bad against lesser competition. I'll believe either are past their prime when I see any of those examples that I gave. Pacquiao will lose to Floyd while he stands still. You sound like you're already gearing up for your excuses like most Pacquiao fans. Floyd is too big, too smart, too accurate and too good for Pacquiao to win.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Floyd hasn't moved much but landed more, this is a new era of his prime, he's reinvented himself. Pac is making bullshit excuses because people's (His coach) expectations of him are too high. Pacquiao is better than he was four years ago. He's better than he was when he beat DLH and he's better than he was when he iced Hatton. He fought his nemesis to a close victory. Neither guy is afraid to punch and neither guy gets tired over the course of a fight and neither guy has been made to look bad against lesser competition. I'll believe either are past their prime when I see any of those examples that I gave. Pacquiao will lose to Floyd while he stands still. You sound like you're already gearing up for your excuses like most Pacquiao fans. Floyd is too big, too smart, too accurate and too good for Pacquiao to win.
Actually no I am still calling for a Pac KO. I am just smart enough to know when a man's physical prime is and the reason Pac might be better is because he is learning more. Floyd has adjusted. Neither man is in their physical prime its impossible. Hell you begin to shrink once you hit 30 years old.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:24 am

1. Floyd will always be closer to the top of his game than many other fighters because he's just so technically sound. He's athletically gifted, but he doesn't soley rely on that to be successful.

2. Manny is just an athletic freak, and his physical abilities are off of the charts. He relies mainly on being faster, and more explosive than his opponents. He can usually overwhelm them based on his physical attributes alone.

But I can definitely see that Manny has slowed down just a bit. He's still fast and explosive, but his legendary sustained offensive explosions are fewer and further in between. Floyd as slowed a little as far as his foot movement around the ring, but his quickness and counterpunching are just about the same.

Both guys are older, so the fight may look a little different than it may have say 3 years ago, but IMO, it will generally play out the same way. Manny having his moments, but Floyd ultimately out-boxing him to a win....

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:57 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Actually no I am still calling for a Pac KO. I am just smart enough to know when a man's physical prime is and the reason Pac might be better is because he is learning more. Floyd has adjusted. Neither man is in their physical prime its impossible. Hell you begin to shrink once you hit 30 years old.

Not once in your OP did you mention physical prime. Boxing is as much and mental game as it is physical. There are guys with all the physical tools that can't put it together mentally. Is Bernard Hopkins past his prime? How do you judge a fighters prime when success has come later in their careers? Six years ago were Glen Johnson and Antonio Tarver past their primes? Is Wladamir Klitschko past his prime? I will stand by what I said in that until either guy shows me that he can't pull the trigger or slip punches or get tired early I will say they are past their prime. Shane Mosley still has all the physical tools and is built like an Adonis he is however past his prime because mentally he isn't there anymore. Have you ever heard Athletes talk about "The game slowing down"? They may be as you describe "Shrinking" but mentally they can out think their opponent and garner a victory. Sports are physical as much as mental, and there is no other sport where this is more evident than boxing.

Put a G note on that KO btw.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:05 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Not once in your OP did you mention physical prime. Boxing is as much and mental game as it is physical. There are guys with all the physical tools that can't put it together mentally. Is Bernard Hopkins past his prime? How do you judge a fighters prime when success has come later in their careers? Six years ago were Glen Johnson and Antonio Tarver past their primes? Is Wladamir Klitschko past his prime? I will stand by what I said in that until either guy shows me that he can't pull the trigger or slip punches or get tired early I will say they are past their prime. Shane Mosley still has all the physical tools and is built like an Adonis he is however past his prime because mentally he isn't there anymore. Have you ever heard Athletes talk about "The game slowing down"? They may be as you describe "Shrinking" but mentally they can out think their opponent and garner a victory. Sports are physical as much as mental, and there is no other sport where this is more evident than boxing.

Put a G note on that KO btw.
Hell no.

Of course I was talking about physical primes. Also its pretty obvious to me and other posters on this board that these guys have lost a little physically. Its fine if you want to wait and see but it has happened. I just dont want the waiting to tarnish this fight in any way. I still dont think it will happen. For some reason they just never seem to make it into the ring together.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:43 am

You can't put an exact age on physical primes. There so many variables that go into it. Especially with boxing.

Most trainers will tell you it's not the years that age a fighter but how many punches he's taken and the miles he puts on in the ring.

This is why we're seeing more fighter's still fighting at peak levels in their 30s. In the past, most fighters were shot by the time they reached their 30s. But by then, most of them fought over hundred fights.

This goes for every sport. Not the age as much as the long season grind that ages players. The grueling NBA and MLB seasons. The wear and tear from a typical NFL season.

I think Mayweather legs aren't what they use to be has more to do with in-activity.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:51 am

What they may have lost physically both have made up ten fold in skill and craft. I dont care what other posters on this board think. Theyre opinions not facts. Boxing has a rich history in older fighters past their supposed pri me out witting and out thinking supposed prime physical specimins. Neither guy is shop worn or old. This eill not be Leonard Camacho or even Cotto Margarito 2. Both men are still dominant fighters that stay in shaoe and come to fight. Pacquiao is just going to lose by a wide margin or KO to a better fighter.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:38 pm

I think they both deserve their rank as the number 1 fighter in the world, so neither is too far past their prime if at all.

If pressed, I would say Floyd has lost more. He's compensated for his fading athleticism with superior skill, but I think his skill level was always that high (he just didn't have to rely on it before). To me Floyd was at his best at 140 (for 1 fight) and 130 and Pac has been at his best at 147.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down