The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrade lost

4 posters

Go down

Andrade lost Empty Andrade lost

Post  Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:04 am

In a light heavyweight contest, Rowland Bryant (16-1, 11KOs) shocked veteran Librado Andrade (30-5, 23KOs) with a third round stoppage. Rowland landed well in the first and opened up a bad cut above the left eye of Andrade with a head clash. Andrade started coming back in the second with his come-forward style. In the third, a counter right hook shook up Andrade and Rowland started landing clean bombs on Andrade, who wasn't throwing back, and the ref jumped in to stop the fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/chemito-moreno-stops-de-la-mora-bryant-shocks-andrade--52039

Crying or Very sad I wish Andrade was with Top Rank so we could have seen him in some better fights.

Back to top Go down

Andrade lost Empty Re: Andrade lost

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:26 am

I watched it last night.

I figured it was better to let you discover the loss yourself.

as for better fights?
he fought Kessler-
Bute twice
Yusaf Mack
Robert Stieglitz

he hasn't really been the same since the Bute loss. He lost to Aaron Pryor Jr. in 2011 and Rowland Bryant now.

But it makes sense. he was 31 at time of Bute rematch and has been on a physical slide. Most guys who eat punches with their face don't look good in their 30s.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:36 am

I wanted to see Andrade against Froch, Pavlik, Bika, Abraham, Taylor, Pascal, Cloud etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:45 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I wanted to see Andrade against Froch, Pavlik, Bika, Abraham, Taylor, Pascal, Cloud etc.

it didn't make logistical sense.

he kept losing.

Lose to Kessler-his team would get him some comeback/get confidence back fights

lose to bute- few fights then rematch, lose rematch

loss to pryor jr then confidence builder

he kept losing and whenever he lost, I don't think his team was going after big fights (for the most part).

He kept losing, then taking a confidence fight, and he didn't fight very often. So he couldn't face but so many good fighters.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:17 am

Andrade vs. Pavlik has made sense for awhile but alas they're with Top Rank and Golden Boy Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Either way, it was a bad stoppage....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:28 pm

He made a lot of Money to step aside for Kesslers unification match, then was paid good to fight Kessler, Bute 2x and Stieglitz which was on HBO. Hopefully he was good with his money and calls it a career. Andrade had probably one of the best chins in boxing history.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Diego408 wrote:He made a lot of Money to step aside for Kesslers unification match, then was paid good to fight Kessler, Bute 2x and Stieglitz which was on HBO. Hopefully he was good with his money and calls it a career. Andrade had probably one of the best chins in boxing history.

I never knew that, I take it that happened to make way for Kessler vs. Calzaghe ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
Diego408 wrote:He made a lot of Money to step aside for Kesslers unification match, then was paid good to fight Kessler, Bute 2x and Stieglitz which was on HBO. Hopefully he was good with his money and calls it a career. Andrade had probably one of the best chins in boxing history.

I never knew that, I take it that happened to make way for Kessler vs. Calzaghe ?

Yup, they paid Andrade off so Kessler could Unify with Markus Beyer. Then made his mandatory with Andrade and then fought Joe for another unification.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I wanted to see Andrade against Froch, Pavlik, Bika, Abraham, Taylor, Pascal, Cloud etc.

+1

A waste, I still cant believe he's an Al Haymon fighter.

Last edited by gomez1012 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Diego408 wrote:

Yup, they paid Andrade off so Kessler could Unify with Markus Beyer. Then made his mandatory with Andrade and then fought Joe for another unification.

Al Haymon fighter. He made his $ tho, from working in Jack in the Box to top contender at SMW! boxing baby.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:50 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

+1

A waste, I still cant believe he's an Al Haymon fighter.

That's right, of all the fighters out there you'd never expect Librado Andrade to be under the sith influence of Al Haymon.

And yet he can get Broner and Berto tv slots with ease but Andrade's been stuck on obscure cards ever since the Bute rematch Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:19 pm

That's right, of all the fighters out there you'd never expect Librado Andrade to be under the sith influence of Al Haymon.

And yet he can get Broner and Berto tv slots with ease but Andrade's been stuck on obscure cards ever since the Bute rematch Mad

Exactly, kept on the shelf while fighters like those mentioned get gimmes on networks

Irritating shit

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down