The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez

+5
captainanddew
Soonermark890
Diego408
Tobe
gomez1012
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez - Page 3 Empty Re: Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:13 pm

dmar5143 wrote:im also a berto fan but disappointed a bit by him..sooner if they the pac folks think like you then ALL the more reason to do the berto fight now.
I will say this if he fights Mosley I will be beyond pissed.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez - Page 3 Empty Re: Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Tobe wrote:I think Berto is the most interesting fight for Pac right now. Not sure I agree that just because his people made the offer that actually means he's ready for Pac; more likely it means he's ready to take that big money fight before Pac retires to run the Philipines. Berto's footwork still isn't good enough to hang with Pac, IMO.But it would be a fun action fight, as long as it lasted.

A third fight with JMM, as much as he may derserve it, doesn't seem like it would be very competitive at this point (Pac is bigger and better than he was in the first two fights).
Who is the best fight out there for Pac right now?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:15 pm

tobe thats what i ment by im ready..ready to do the fight..money of course.not neccesarly meaning hes ready for pac..he may be ..maybe not..he does need to work on a few things for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:18 pm

sooner i think berto..power great handspeed and a fighting spirit plus youth..yep he has flaws for sure but its like tobe said the most interesting fight also....i think paul williams at 151 is a big challendge for pac..either of those two..

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:18 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Who is the best fight out there for Pac right now?

Like I said, Berto isn't a bad option at all, probably the best actual fight that could be made right now. I'd like to see Martinez too. JMM might put up a great fight too, but it's hard to see how given Pac's improvement.

Overall I'd rather see Berto.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:22 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner i think berto..power great handspeed and a fighting spirit plus youth..yep he has flaws for sure but its like tobe said the most interesting fight also....i think paul williams at 151 is a big challendge for pac..either of those two..
This is how I rank them right now.
1. JMM at 147 That way both fighters can come in at a comfortable weight.
2. Bradley after he beats Alexander's ass at 147
3. Berto at 147/SM at 160
4. PW (he needs to get himself a win first after that fight with SM) at 147 or 150 it doesnt matter.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:24 pm

sooner that ill buy..a good fight schudle like that is whats needed..not jocking around etc etc..ill agree with the weights you listed and maybe even the order in which you listed the fights..bob arum and freddie take sooners fight outline and noo BS...

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:52 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner that ill buy..a good fight schudle like that is whats needed..not jocking around etc etc..ill agree with the weights you listed and maybe even the order in which you listed the fights..bob arum and freddie take sooners fight outline and noo BS...
I just say settle the JMM fight first. He deserves it and he provides for a great fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:49 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:If Berto wants the fight now then do it. But really as a Berto and manny fan I have to say he is not ready. He is not a cake walk but he will get KO'd by Manny right now.

It doesn't matter if Berto is ready. Opportunities do not wait until you're ready. If he gets KO'ed he can say he tried his best, and still go on to have a great career (Cotto's getting offers, Margo's getting offers). No shame in that.

He's the best available opponent at 147. He has a shot a greatness and a huge payday. If he or his team is afraid that he's not ready, then he never will be.If he never fights Manny, Mosley, or Floyd it will make it hard for me to respect his career regardless of how it ends up.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:50 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I just say settle the JMM fight first. He deserves it and he provides for a great fight.

Let JMM fight Mosley on the undercard at 147.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3