The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez

+5
captainanddew
Soonermark890
Diego408
Tobe
gomez1012
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez - Page 2 Empty Re: Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:26 am

OK so what would be a good weight for them to fight at? If Sergio wants pac I dont think we can ask for it to be at middle.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez - Page 2 Empty Re: Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:29 am

Soonermark890 wrote:OK so what would be a good weight for them to fight at? If Sergio wants pac I dont think we can ask for it to be at middle.

I dunno, how about Jr middle, which Martinez said he's willing to do. How about Pac defend his Jr Middle trinket which was stripped away from Martinez and prove he actualy is a Jr middle Champ.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:35 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:OK so what would be a good weight for them to fight at? If Sergio wants pac I dont think we can ask for it to be at middle.

I dunno, how about Jr middle, which Martinez said he's willing to do. How about Pac defend his Jr Middle trinket which was stripped away from Martinez and prove he actualy is a Jr middle Champ.

So the fight would be at 154? Does that not give Sergio the advantage? I mean lets put this into perspective.

Manny is a natural 130lb fighter

SM is a natural 154lb fighter

So you guys want the fight at 154? I think 147 is too low for sergio but 154 is too high for manny.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:37 am

segio dont want pac sooner its freddies big stupid mouth talking..the fight should be at 160 period or no fight at all..look take on mosley the weakest contender of the bunch there considering and stop annoying boxing fans freddie with your ignorant talk..on one hand you say pac will NOT move down to fight marquez and others.its 147..soo the same action sergio deserves also.its 160.lets stop talking about a fight thats not going to happen especialy under the new commisioner of boxing freddie roach...do it at 160 so sergio can crush pac and end this fairytale or fight berto ...there ducking berto with excuses..the old floyd routine they adapted..he cant sell tickets etc etc..hey paul williams will do your catchweight at 150..common freddie and pac man up and stop the game playing...this comes from me a big pac fan but enough bullshit please..your ducking paul williams also..

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:37 am

GrantZilla wrote:
I think everybody getting fed up with Roach and his catchweights

Yeah, but think about it - everyone wants to make the money with Pac that they can't make with anyone else; and the guy is essentially a light welterweight taking on all these big guys. Pac is the one taking the risk. If they want the fight and they're not the proven draw that Pac is, they need to make a concession somewhere, and that's gonna be on the scale.

What's so different about what Pac is doing from the notion of Martinez actually fighting a guy Haye's size, even if that was a sarcastic response?
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:39 am

manny is nooo longer a natural 130 pounder..thats weak nonsence..140 or 144 yes thats his natural now..soo just admit hes steping out of bounds with martinez..sergios the champ a real one manny isnt..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:42 am

Soonermark890 wrote: So the fight would be at 154? Does that not give Sergio the advantage? I mean lets put this into perspective.

Manny is a natural 130lb fighter

SM is a natural 154lb fighter

So you guys want the fight at 154? I think 147 is too low for sergio but 154 is too high for manny.

Does Pac not have Martinez's trinket and is using it to call himself a eight division champ?

Like I said, fight Martinez at Jr middle and prove you are one, or admit just a paper champ, and not a legit 8 division champion.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:43 am

dmar5143 wrote:segio dont want pac sooner its freddies big stupid mouth talking..the fight should be at 160 period or no fight at all..look take on mosley the weakest contender of the bunch there considering and stop annoying boxing fans freddie with your ignorant talk..on one hand you say pac will NOT move down to fight marquez and others.its 147..soo the same action sergio deserves also.its 160.lets stop talking about a fight thats not going to happen especialy under the new commisioner of boxing freddie roach...do it at 160 so sergio can crush pac and end this fairytale or fight berto ...there ducking berto with excuses..the old floyd routine they adapted..he cant sell tickets etc etc..hey paul williams will do your catchweight at 150..common freddie and pac man up and stop the game playing...this comes from me a big pac fan but enough bullshit please..your ducking paul williams also..
Didnt Berto say he is not ready and wants Pac at the end of 2011? Also I think he should fight PW. But really what would that prove right now. PW would need one comeback fight after that brutal of a KO. I say fight JMM in April and put PW vs some can on the undercard to set up a fight in the summer between them. Then after he KO's PW on to Berto because he said he would be ready. Sound good? Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:55 am

dmar5143 wrote:manny is nooo longer a natural 130 pounder..thats weak nonsence..140 or 144 yes thats his natural now..soo just admit hes steping out of bounds with martinez..sergios the champ a real one manny isnt..
Ok lets just say he is a natural 140 you still want him to go up to fight SM and have SM at his natural weight? That seems a little advantageous to SM doesnt it?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:59 am

i dont remember berto saying hes not ready since they gave arum numbers which arum claimed were fair...soo mosley is a more credible fighter then paul williams...did billy conn ask joe louis to go down to 185 when billy weighed 174 for there fiught.nope..did mickey walker a overblown great welter ask jack sharkey to go down to 185 when he fought him or bearcat wright to at least come down to 200..nope..or jimmy wilde...thoses are guys who fought bigger guys.REAL bigger guys not pac..they asked no concessions..did harry greb when he fought several HW contenders ask them to go down to 170..greb and walker by the way were big draws back then like pac is today..
pac is avoiding the best competion in berto williams and even JMM.mosley huh..or looking for martinez at 150 soo they can get a dried up oscar delahoys prune in there..
billy conn mickey walker harry greb jimmy wilde fought the real bigger guys and when the real bigger guys were in there prime..
theres a huge differnce there..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:04 am

yes hes a natural 144 pounder..yes martinez will have the advantage..at 150 does not pac have a bigger advantage then..did conn greb walker wilde overcome these huge disadvantages..dont talk or do the fight then.you want to fight bigger guys then step up to the plate..a washed up dried up margo and oscar is not steping up to the plate..fight brute a ward mr pac or a fronch.thats EQUAL to what conn greb walker and wilde did..pac is not in there league at all in fighting REAL bigger guys in there prime..hes fucking bogus.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:27 am

dmar5143 wrote:yes hes a natural 144 pounder..yes martinez will have the advantage..at 150 does not pac have a bigger advantage then..did conn greb walker wilde overcome these huge disadvantages..dont talk or do the fight then.you want to fight bigger guys then step up to the plate..a washed up dried up margo and oscar is not steping up to the plate..fight brute a ward mr pac or a fronch.thats EQUAL to what conn greb walker and wilde did..pac is not in there league at all in fighting REAL bigger guys in there prime..hes fucking bogus.
I completely disagree. Didnt he just beat a guy who is a lot bigger than him?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:20 am

not realy..was the guy in his prime.he made the weight and was skin and bone like the photos show.if you feel margo was the much bigger guy then pac should not have any problem fighting martinez who will be 5 lbs heavier then.. but big mouth freddie has a problem with that..i maintain conn greb walker wilde fought MUCH bigger guys who were in there prime and FAR greater a challenge then pac will EVER face..thats truth and reality..pac is a great fighter..noo one taking that away from him..they created an illusion that some of us or all of us bought.. that pac has steped up to the plate fighting MUCH bigger guys..he has not.noo where like greb walker or conn did nor were the caliber of fighters they faced anywhere as poor as pacs catchweight fighters..greb beat 3 HW contenders just before they fought dempsey for the title and he beat them more then once..mickey walker was a natural welter who fought jack sharkey to a draw .a soon to be HW champ..conn gave up 25 pounds to one of the greatest fighters there will ever bee and fought him in his prime.they all did that often enough without asking fighters to go down in weight or dry themselves out.i think walker gave up 50 lbs in one fight and won..yet sooner you feel in comparrison fighting sergio at 155 -157 is unfair..hes bogus asking for martinez the REAL champ to gooo down several pounds in weight while pac isnt a real champ..walker greb conn wilde would laugh at him and freddie..
we got to stop believing in the illusion they created for us..fight paul willams at 151 then..they wont..there going to choze a 40 year old guy who stunk out the joint his last two fights and after 4 rounds fights on memory not abilty...and there attempting to make that fight seem like a great challenge...hes the fifth maybe the fifth or sixth best fighter for him to face maybe the seventh..its a modified cherry picking for tons of money..im done being conned by pac and freddie..if the rest of the boxing world wants to be under there spell thats too bad..i think some of the posters here are starting to wake up and see threw the con..

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:33 am

First I didnt say it was unfair I just said it gives SM all the advantage.

Second Margo is a Welter so the 150 limit did not hurt him at all. He fought a guy many of you thought would win because of his size and now its a con. Whats with the change of heart?

I think we forget were Pac started a lot of the time. He started at 106. He really is taking huge risks fighting these bigger guys. Lets not start bashing Pac because of what Freddie says.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:36 am

finaly ill add freddies and arums thoughts..pac WILL NOT go down in weight to fight smaller guys.its 147 or no fight.there excuse is pac likes to eat and we cant deprive him of that..thats what they said..yet its ok to ask every fighter slightly bigger then pac to do what they absolutely WONT do..whats good for the goose is good for the gander..

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:39 am

dmar5143 wrote:finaly ill add freddies and arums thoughts..pac WILL NOT go down in weight to fight smaller guys.its 147 or no fight.there excuse is pac likes to eat and we cant deprive him of that..thats what they said..yet its ok to ask every fighter slightly bigger then pac to do what they absolutely WONT do..whats good for the goose is good for the gander..
But really there is no one to fight below 147 besides JMM and those two are the same size. Either way I want him to clean out 147 after he fights JMM for the third time. I think that is the best possible route to take.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:40 am

dmar5143 wrote:finaly ill add freddies and arums thoughts..pac WILL NOT go down in weight to fight smaller guys.its 147 or no fight.there excuse is pac likes to eat and we cant deprive him of that..thats what they said..yet its ok to ask every fighter slightly bigger then pac to do what they absolutely WONT do..whats good for the goose is good for the gander..

Except when he's the Golden Goose and they're all getting rich off of his drawing power Wink
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:43 am

Tobe wrote:

Except when he's the Golden Goose and they're all getting rich off of his drawing power Wink
You think that every time someone gets to fight Pac that they break out in this song?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:43 am

margo is NO longer a welter.hasnt been for a while..cant make 147 without harming himself..again the BS pac started at 106 soo please give him a break..carpientier started at 112 and won the light heavyweight championship.THE real one..and fought the murderous jack dempsey for the HW title..hmmm..when i saw margos photos at the weigh inn i was shocked..hip bones protruding like he was in a consintration camp..thats when i said to myself hes drained.its over..hes no welterweight at all..all pac has to do is take charge of his career.tell freddie and arum to shut up..he did not..he can say lets do berto.he has a welter belt young and unbeaten..yes pac has to share the blame for freddies big mouth..

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:49 am

dmar5143 wrote:margo is NO longer a welter.hasnt been for a while..cant make 147 without harming himself..again the BS pac started at 106 soo please give him a break..carpientier started at 112 and won the light heavyweight championship.THE real one..and fought the murderous jack dempsey for the HW title..hmmm..when i saw margos photos at the weigh inn i was shocked..hip bones protruding like he was in a consintration camp..thats when i said to myself hes drained.its over..hes no welterweight at all..all pac has to do is take charge of his career.tell freddie and arum to shut up..he did not..he can say lets do berto.he has a welter belt young and unbeaten..yes pac has to share the blame for freddies big mouth..
But Margo only had one fight at 154 before the Pac fight right?

Also Berto said that he doesnt want Manny until late 2011. Here is the article that shows what he wants. He said he would like Mosley, then Cotto and finish off the year with Pac. So if Berto is out I say set up JMM 3. Its the only legitimate option unless he goes up two weight classes to fight SM.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:49 am

But really there is no one to fight below 147 besides JMM and those two are the same size. Either way I want him to clean out 147 after he fights JMM for the third time. I think that is the best possible route to take.[/quote]....theres also the bradley-alexander winner.ill agree clean out the welter division.start with berto not mosley.shane has been cleaned out by stinking out the joint his last 2 fights.yep berto then jan 29 th winner maybe paul williams then in 18 month alvarez..ill buy thaT AND OF COURSE THE EURO STRAP HOLDERS...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:54 am

MARGO CANT MAKE 147 WITHOUT HARMING HIMSELF 150 WAS A STRETCH..HES NO LONGER A CREDIBLE WELTER...BERTOS FOLKS GAVE ARUM A PROPOSAL WHICH MEANS im ready.0.THAT ACTION IS FAR GREATER THEN A ARTCLE OR SO...AGAIN ILL AGREE FIGHT jmm BUT BERTO FIRST AND OTHER TOP WELTERS..

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:59 am

dmar5143 wrote:MARGO CANT MAKE 147 WITHOUT HARMING HIMSELF 150 WAS A STRETCH..HES NO LONGER A CREDIBLE WELTER...BERTOS FOLKS GAVE ARUM A PROPOSAL WHICH MEANS im ready.0.THAT ACTION IS FAR GREATER THEN A ARTCLE OR SO...AGAIN ILL AGREE FIGHT jmm BUT BERTO FIRST AND OTHER TOP WELTERS..
If Berto wants the fight now then do it. But really as a Berto and manny fan I have to say he is not ready. He is not a cake walk but he will get KO'd by Manny right now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:05 pm

im also a berto fan but disappointed a bit by him..sooner if they the pac folks think like you then ALL the more reason to do the berto fight now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:07 pm

I think Berto is the most interesting fight for Pac right now. Not sure I agree that just because his people made the offer that actually means he's ready for Pac; more likely it means he's ready to take that big money fight before Pac retires to run the Philipines. Berto's footwork still isn't good enough to hang with Pac, IMO.But it would be a fun action fight, as long as it lasted.

A third fight with JMM, as much as he may derserve it, doesn't seem like it would be very competitive at this point (Pac is bigger and better than he was in the first two fights).
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next