The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez

+5
captainanddew
Soonermark890
Diego408
Tobe
gomez1012
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez Empty Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:02 pm

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/roach-wants-pacquiao-martinez-asap-69458

When asked about the next potential opponent in the Manny Pacquiao sweepstakes, Freddie Roach ran down the usual cast of characters—and dismissed them all with relative ease. If Roach has his way, “Pac-Man” will match up with the man who rose to stardom with the most exciting knockout of 2010.

“I’d like to see him fight [Sergio] Martinez right away,” Roach said last night during a media roundtable. “[Floyd] Mayweather, with what he has going on in his life right now; I think he has to handle that before he can even talk about fighting. Sergio Martinez at the right weight I think can be the most exciting fight out there.”

Stay tuned for a full story.

cheers
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez Empty Re: Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez

Post  Tobe Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:20 pm

gomez1012 wrote:http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/roach-wants-pacquiao-martinez-asap-69458

When asked about the next potential opponent in the Manny Pacquiao sweepstakes, Freddie Roach ran down the usual cast of characters—and dismissed them all with relative ease. If Roach has his way, “Pac-Man” will match up with the man who rose to stardom with the most exciting knockout of 2010.

“I’d like to see him fight [Sergio] Martinez right away,” Roach said last night during a media roundtable. “[Floyd] Mayweather, with what he has going on in his life right now; I think he has to handle that before he can even talk about fighting. Sergio Martinez at the right weight I think can be the most exciting fight out there.”

cheers

That's a good fight; the only issue will be a risk/reward calculation for Pac: Martinez isn't exactly a huge draw and he could be a real challenge for Manny.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez Empty Re: Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Tobe wrote:That's a good fight; the only issue will be a risk/reward calculation for Pac: Martinez isn't exactly a huge draw and he could be a real challenge for Manny.

I think that fight fill ups the MGM in Vegas

Martinez 3 fights in Atlantic City, been on HBO vs Bunema, Cintron, Pavlik, Williams twice, and now coming off a great year w/the KO of year

Its BIG
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Raoch had mentioned this before, but wanted Sergio to come down to 147, which isn't going to happen -- so I think this is just more of Roach talking.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Canvas wrote:Raoch had mentioned this before, but wanted Sergio to come down to 147, which isn't going to happen -- so I think this is just more of Roach talking.

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:49 pm

I call BS. In boxing, things always sound sweet, but shit never happens.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:54 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Tobe wrote:That's a good fight; the only issue will be a risk/reward calculation for Pac: Martinez isn't exactly a huge draw and he could be a real challenge for Manny.

I think that fight fill ups the MGM in Vegas

Martinez 3 fights in Atlantic City, been on HBO vs Bunema, Cintron, Pavlik, Williams twice, and now coming off a great year w/the KO of year

Its BIG

There were only 5,500 people at the fight in Atlantic City, and Martinez hasn't been a PPV draw yet. It'll be big because it's a Pac fight, but I don't think Sergio brings much to the table in terms of drawing power.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Ok who usually makes the decision on who Pac fights? It seems that both Arum and Roach make the choice.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Tobe wrote:There were only 5,500 people at the fight in Atlantic City, and Martinez hasn't been a PPV draw yet. It'll be big because it's a Pac fight, but I don't think Sergio brings much to the table in terms of drawing power.

750k vs Clottey

I think Martinez highlight KO made him a name

It would do alright
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:04 pm

All I know is have every Pac fight in Dallas Cowboys stadium please.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:22 pm

gomez1012 wrote:http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/roach-wants-pacquiao-martinez-asap-69458

Roach must have gone insane over the weekend if he wants that fight. He KOs Pac unless they make the weight so low that Martinez is a dead man walking. That probably is the requirement and this is just Roach spewing bullshit for fun. cheers
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:45 pm

The thing for me about this fight is what weight will they fight at? I mean Martinez said that he will come down to 155, but Manny hasn't weighed in at more then 145 so he'll be losing 10 lbs off the bat most likely and Martinez will re-hydrate to probably 170-175, the size difference would be insane because Martinez is quick and has a lot of power. Pac already gets called the catchweight king!
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:02 pm

gomez1012 wrote: 750k vs Clottey

I think Martinez highlight KO made him a name

It would do alright

Hell yeah, that KO was all over ESPN for days. Add that on, and fact Martinez is a massive threat to Pac, and the fight will sell itself.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:04 pm

im getting tired of hearing what fredie roach has to say..let him dry up and fucking blow away...guys martinez will draw.dont even question that.hes established himself as a main star..this fight if it ever happens ill be rooting for martinez to ko him just like williams and pac is my favorite fighter of today..please go down to 147..screw you freddie.let pac go down to 130 and fight JMM or others thats the .same thing your asking martinez to do..enough of the nonsence.if sergios too big then dont take or even talk about the fight....sergio tell both blowhearts to take a walk..IM the real champ pacs not..its at 157 or 160 or see you later.tell freddie to make it 160 and ill fight both of you at the same time..
first let pac man up and fight berto..not mosley who cant draw shit today..and cant fight after 4 rounds....roger mayweather lol where are you when we need you..yep roger vs freddie on the undercard..tooo big mouths..freddie has gone from likeable to i cant stand you...BASTA in italian..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:15 am

Sergio Martinez at the right weight

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:24 am

Ali wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Freddy Roach: I like Manny to fight Wlad Klitschko at a catchweight of 160 pounds.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:29 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Freddy Roach: I like Manny to fight Wlad Klitschko at a catchweight of 160 pounds.

Even though Sergio completely decapitated Williams he looked terrible at the weigh-in.

I can't see it happening, Manny doesn't like adding more muscle once he's near the welterweight limit, and Sergio has grown into the Middleweight division.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:12 am

The Middleweight division is one of the most important in boxing history. Even modern day gym rats will say, "Sure he's a great fighter, but is he a great Middleweight?" In my "opinion" no MW champ should ever fight under his respective weight. This division is where the strength and size difference of boxers really begins to show. Example? Alexis Arguello started out as a featherweight and knocked out "Junior Welterweights" and "Welterweights" with ease. Alexis could never accomplish this in the MW division. Hell, Duran even had to outbox Hagler in their fight.

I personally will not put anything past "Manny Pacquiao." As I've stated before, the miracle of great fighters is their ability to accomplish seemingly impossible feats. However, I'll even shut up before this one. My only prediction will be that Pacquiao will win because he's "Manny Pacquiao." Don't ask me how because I don't know. Martinez is a brilliant boxer with power in both hands.

If Manny does lose to Martinez and retires, I don't think it takes anything away from his legend. There's a limit to everyones abilities and nothing makes that more clear than the sport of professional boxing. That said, I'd put my money on "Pac Man."

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:51 am

if they make that fight soon and its at 160 ill say sergio clobbers him inside 6 rounds with ease..nope the loss will not damage pacs legend at all...i like grant quoting freddie roach.we want wlad at 160..freddie dry up and blow away.PLEASE.PRETTY PLEASE.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:44 am

dmar5143 wrote:if they make that fight soon and its at 160 ill say sergio clobbers him inside 6 rounds with ease..nope the loss will not damage pacs legend at all...i like grant quoting freddie roach.we want wlad at 160..freddie dry up and blow away.PLEASE.PRETTY PLEASE.
dmar, why are you so hard on Freddie? He's had a hard life. Imagine being a fighter and a trainer and never really excelling at any of them. Then you find a singing frog that destroys men in 5 or 6 divisions. You'd be excited too. I'd talk a little trash as well. Also, have you ever seen the women in Manila? They're beautiful. They're probably whispering all kinds of bullshit in Freddie's ear. They have him thinking he's as pretty as they are. LOL: Let em have a good time. He deserves it.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:15 pm

lol lol great post frank...

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:12 pm

“I’d like to see him fight [Sergio] Martinez right away,” Roach said last night during a media roundtable. “[Floyd] Mayweather, with what he has going on in his life right now; I think he has to handle that before he can even talk about fighting. Sergio Martinez at the right weight I think can be the most exciting fight out there.

Everyone needs to calm down...Freddie doesn't really want the Martinez fight. At least, not the fight we want (between 155-160lbs).
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Freddie Roach says they want Sergio Martinez Empty Team Sergio Martinez: We'll Fight Haye For Klitschko Shot

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:29 pm

By Rick Reeno

"I just wanted to tell you that Sergio Martinez is willing to fight heavyweight champion David Haye, and the winner can fight Wladimir Klitschko. But the fight with Haye has to be at a catch-weight of 175-pounds," said Martinez's adviser Sampson Lewkowicz to BoxingScene.com.

The above was a sarcastic response from Lewkowicz

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33648

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Canvas wrote:By Rick Reeno

"I just wanted to tell you that Sergio Martinez is willing to fight heavyweight champion David Haye, and the winner can fight Wladimir Klitschko. But the fight with Haye has to be at a catch-weight of 175-pounds," said Martinez's adviser Sampson Lewkowicz to BoxingScene.com.

The above was a sarcastic response from Lewkowicz

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33648

I think everybody getting fed up with Roach and his catchweights
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:03 am

im fed up with freddies mouth for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next