The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roach: Chavez Will Kick Sergio Martinez's Ass Right Now!

+4
Soonermark890
jz_hova
captainanddew
GrantZilla
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roach: Chavez Will Kick Sergio Martinez's Ass Right Now! Empty Roach: Chavez Will Kick Sergio Martinez's Ass Right Now!

Post  GrantZilla Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Trainer Freddie Roach doesn't think much of WBC Diamond champion Sergio Martinez (48-2-2, 27KOs). The four-time trainer of the year is not impressed with Martinez as a boxer and believes Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (44-0-1, 31KOs), the middleweight champion, would beat Martinez right now. Roach feels Chavez improved a lot as a fighter and liked what he saw on Saturday night when Julio stopped Peter Manfredo Jr. in five rounds. Roach hopes Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum will sign the Martinez fight right now and doesn't see a reason for holding it off.

"Let's do it now. I'm ready right now. He can kick his ass right, in my opinion. I don't think he's a great fighter. He's a great athlete, I'll give him that. But he's not a great fighter...anyone who gets knocked out by Antonio Margarito. I don't see the greatness. I cant take away his athleticism. He's a great athlete, yes, but he's not a great boxer," Roach said.

http://tinyurl.com/bvyuwcb

There is just so many things wrong with the above
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Roach: Chavez Will Kick Sergio Martinez's Ass Right Now! Empty Re: Roach: Chavez Will Kick Sergio Martinez's Ass Right Now!

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:40 pm

then let daddy bob make the fight!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Roach: Chavez Will Kick Sergio Martinez's Ass Right Now! Empty Re: Roach: Chavez Will Kick Sergio Martinez's Ass Right Now!

Post  GrantZilla Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:52 pm

captainanddew wrote:then let daddy bob make the fight!!!

Get a load of this gem from The Roach as far as fighting Alverez:

Roach says he doesn't want any catchweight for the fight.

"Chavez is the middleweight champion," Roach said. "If [Alvarez] wants to the title, come up and get it."

http://tinyurl.com/7vrwz2b

I'm going to gag on the hypocrisy.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:14 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

"Chavez is the middleweight champion," Roach said. "If [Alvarez] wants to the title, come up and get it."

hypocrisy? Pac holds the chips so he has the right to make fighters come down. Chavez jr holds the chip as the best middleweight. come up Alverez and get whooped like a red head step child
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:31 pm

I want them to make the fight. I really think it would be a great fight. Chavez is not a boring fighter. Sergio is a real exciting fighter. Lets make this happen.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:17 pm

I would watch the fight and think it would be a good one (wouldn't have said that a year a go). Chavez is a little bit like Pavlik: a little bit better movement, looks a little bit stronger physically, not as good a puncher, not as hard a puncher, and we don't know about his toughness/chin. That fight was awesome.

As far as Freddy, when has he not said he has the best fighters in the world? I want him to focus on making Linares (his best fighter according to him) into a champion.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:55 am

LOL! Freddy back at it again. How soon he forgets the "Pacquiao will KO JMM in less than four rounds" dude talks to damn much. Martinez beats chavez soundly and probably will KO his ass. I am not even going to get into the "come up and get it" comment.
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:56 am

jz_hova wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

hypocrisy? Pac holds the chips so he has the right to make fighters come down. Chavez jr holds the chip as the best middleweight. come up Alverez and get whooped like a red head step child

hahahaha what the fuck! hahahaha
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:58 am

i cant stand roach! he talks so much and its not even funny like roger mayweather. he is just arrogant and annoying.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:05 am

powerpuncher wrote:i cant stand roach! he talks so much and its not even funny like roger mayweather. he is just arrogant and annoying.

Yeah. He's an attention whore more than he is a trainer.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Freddie's being way too ignorant with Martinez, by his logic Manny isn't great because of his knockout loses earlier in his career.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:24 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i cant stand roach! he talks so much and its not even funny like roger mayweather. he is just arrogant and annoying.
I like him because he is confident in his fighters and is not the type to beat around the bush. Roger isn't funny I cant understand what that meth addict says.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
I like him because he is confident in his fighters and is not the type to beat around the bush. Roger isn't funny I cant understand what that meth addict says.

He's a blathering hypocrite. Mr Catchweights saying he doesn't want a catchweight. Shitting on Martinez's early loss, yet Pac had early losses. So did his boy Khan who got knocked the fuck out in under a minute.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:33 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

He's a blathering hypocrite. Mr Catchweights saying he doesn't want a catchweight. Shitting on Martinez's early loss, yet Pac had early losses. So did his boy Khan who got knocked the fuck out in under a minute.

He is the best trainer there is today and there is a lot of truth to what he says even if he is being a hypocrite.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:He is the best trainer there is today and there is a lot of truth to what he says even if he is being a hypocrite.

What truth?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:21 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:He is the best trainer there is today and there is a lot of truth to what he says even if he is being a hypocrite.

What truth?
I don't think he's a great fighter. He's a great athlete, I'll give him that. But he's not a great fighter
While I dont completely agree there is some truth behind that.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

What truth?
I don't think he's a great fighter. He's a great athlete, I'll give him that. But he's not a great fighter

See, The Roach is even too dense to phrase it right. If he said "Martinez is not a great fundamental boxer but a great athlete and fighter" then I'd agree with it.

The hell he isn't a great fighter. He's the fucking Middleweight Champion of the world.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:10 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

What truth?

See, The Roach is even too dense to phrase it right. If he said "Martinez is not a great fundamental boxer but a great athlete and fighter" then I'd agree with it.

The hell he isn't a great fighter. He's the fucking Middleweight Champion of the world.

Isn't that the report on Paquiao as well? Great athlete with decent fundamentals.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:27 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Isn't that the report on Paquiao as well? Great athlete with decent fundamentals.

Yup, why The Roach is as much of hypocrit as Atlas.

And he just keeps going:

Roach want Alvarez to face Chavez at the full middleweight limit of 160-pounds. He doesn't agree with catch-weights - even though his star fighter Manny Pacquiao has used catch-weights in several of his recent fights.

"I say fuck Alvarez. If he wants to fight for the middleweight title - the weight is 160. I don't like catch-weight fights, even though I've been involved in them before with my fighters, but I'm a purist at heart and I love boxing and I don't think they should have them. That's my opinion," Roach said.

http://tinyurl.com/7vdekcv
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:41 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

What truth?

I agree with that 100%. I am pretty sure thats what he meant but your right.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:43 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

And he just keeps going:

Roach want Alvarez to face Chavez at the full middleweight limit of 160-pounds. He doesn't agree with catch-weights - even though his star fighter Manny Pacquiao has used catch-weights in several of his recent fights.

"I say fuck Alvarez. If he wants to fight for the middleweight title - the weight is 160. I don't like catch-weight fights, even though I've been involved in them before with my fighters, but I'm a purist at heart and I love boxing and I don't think they should have them. That's my opinion," Roach said.

I always wondered if its Roach, Pac or Arum who wants the catch weights?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

And he just keeps going:

I always wondered if its Roach, Pac or Arum who wants the catch weights?

I think it is roach. He doesn't want to lose more than Pac or Arum.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

He is the best trainer there is today and there is a lot of truth to what he says even if he is being a hypocrite.
i didnt say he wasnt a great trainer. im just saying that he is annoying.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

LOL yeah I know. I was just pointing out he wasnt lying about Sergio. BTW I really want to see Sergio vs JCC Jr. That will be a really fun fight. I think Sergio wins and JCC takes a beating but it will be a fun fight. Jr has a chin.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

LOL yeah I know. I was just pointing out he wasnt lying about Sergio. BTW I really want to see Sergio vs JCC Jr. That will be a really fun fight. I think Sergio wins and JCC takes a beating but it will be a fun fight. Jr has a chin.

He does have a good chin but he keeps fighting guys without power. Zbik-no power. Manfredo-little power. He did withstand Duddy's shots. Martinez is different though. he can hit you with shots you don't see coming and from a southpaw stance.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next