The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

+10
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
hardcorebee24
kbyte
GrantZilla
Gumby
Rum Capital
Soonermark890
gomez1012
Norm1023
14 posters

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 20 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:31 pm

Another exquisite episode.

The actor playing the Pyromancer is actually the chap who voices the audiobooks of A Song Of Ice & Fire.

I take back some of my criticism of Stephen's portrayal of Stannis back as he was pretty solid this episode.

And now there are only four kings left in Westeros.

It's a pity the actress playing Yara is a butterface because I kinda have a thing for her in the books.

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 20 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Ali wrote:Another exquisite episode.

The actor playing the Pyromancer is actually the chap who voices the audiobooks of A Song Of Ice & Fire.

I take back some of my criticism of Stephen's portrayal of Stannis back as he was pretty solid this episode.

It's a pity the actress playing Yara is a butterface because I kinda have a thing for her in the books.

I think they make her look harder. I've seen pictures of her from elsewhere and while she isn't stunning, her face isn't fugly.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 pm

captainanddew wrote:

I think they make her look harder. I've seen pictures of her from elsewhere and while she isn't stunning, her face isn't fugly.

The actress has a face that looks like a toddler who's throwing a tantrum, in the books Yara is very cheeky and wild.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:58 pm

Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

The actress has a face that looks like a toddler who's throwing a tantrum, in the books Yara is very cheeky and wild.

once again the books the books. She isn't fugly. at worst you have to bend her over.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:04 pm

^^^^ lol

"Anyone can be killed." I loved that staredown between Arya and Tywin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:14 pm

never thought i'd say this but we need some kingslayer.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:36 pm

captainanddew wrote:never thought i'd say this but we need some kingslayer.

That was my one fear about this season the lack of Kingslayer, the problem is Jaime only features in one chapter in the entire book A Clash Of Kings. Rest assured he'll be back as they've moved some of his A Storm Of Swords scenes up, Nikolaj himself has said his scenes in episode seven are the best stuff he's ever done as an actor.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 02, 2012 11:01 pm

The scene between Arya and Tywin was the best of the season. So many things made me mad about that episode, number one being Cersei didnt come uo with the wildfire idea. Also, Renly should have brutally had his throat slit. Clefjaw also didnt come up with Theons winterfell idea. I guess im annoyed that the ideas the main characters had in the book are coming from others.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 03, 2012 2:51 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:The scene between Arya and Tywin was the best of the season. So many things made me mad about that episode, number one being Cersei didnt come uo with the wildfire idea. Also, Renly should have brutally had his throat slit. Clefjaw also didnt come up with Theons winterfell idea. I guess im annoyed that the ideas the main characters had in the book are coming from others.

Sounds like minor changes to me. It is an adaption. Why I won't read the books. I don't want to get caught up in all the "changes." I just want to enjoy the story.

Sure, if they did something that really perverts what the story or character is about, that's something entirly different. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

And I thought Wilfire idea was Joffrey's? That Cersei was just relaying the plan. As far as Theon not coming up with the Winferfell idea, if that's what he did, I'm fine with that. Theon is too much of a dumbass to come up with any kind of brilliant plan. This is a guy that got fresh with his sister and didn't know it, and actually thought his daddy would support the Starks.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu May 03, 2012 6:23 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:The scene between Arya and Tywin was the best of the season. So many things made me mad about that episode, number one being Cersei didnt come uo with the wildfire idea. Also, Renly should have brutally had his throat slit. Clefjaw also didnt come up with Theons winterfell idea. I guess im annoyed that the ideas the main characters had in the book are coming from others.

Sounds like minor changes to me. It is an adaption. Why I won't read the books. I don't want to get caught up in all the "changes." I just want to enjoy the story.

Sure, if they did something that really perverts what the story or character is about, that's something entirly different. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

And I thought Wilfire idea was Joffrey's? That Cersei was just relaying the plan. As far as Theon not coming up with the Winferfell idea, if that's what he did, I'm fine with that. Theon is too much of a dumbass to come up with any kind of brilliant plan. This is a guy that got fresh with his sister and didn't know it, and actually thought his daddy would support the Starks.

She's never relaying plans, they're all hers. She is currently ruling with her father away, husband dead and a 14 year old son as a "King". Joffrey is a figure head, which is why he's never there at the small council meetings. He's not old enough to come into his right yet which is why The Queen Regent is still calling shots.

To me it's more that the changes are unnecessary, they do nothing to further the story, there was nothing in the books that would force them to change what was written. I actually hate where they're going with Jon Snow. It's unnecessary, there was no reason for Mormont to say what he said before Jon left with the halfhand. Reason being in the book Jon gained a great deal of maturity and realized his role in The Watch. He became the follower that Mormont wanted. In order to one day lead he knew he had to follow. He began to respect his "Brothers" and look at himself as a brother as well. His ambition to be a ranger was stifled and he accepted who he was. It's not bad what theyre doing just very different.

One thing that did really suck was the way Renly was killed. For a show that is full of gore, bloodshed and sex they really skimped on this scene. The sequencing was poor as well. In the book he's preparing for battle when he's offed.

In short, I don't think they're being fair to some of the characters.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 03, 2012 6:31 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:One thing that did really suck was the way Renly was killed. For a show that is full of gore, bloodshed and sex they really skimped on this scene. The sequencing was poor as well. In the book he's preparing for battle when he's offed.

The show really isn't that gory. It's highly stylized. They do mostly cut-away editing where most of it is done off camera and implied.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu May 03, 2012 6:40 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:One thing that did really suck was the way Renly was killed. For a show that is full of gore, bloodshed and sex they really skimped on this scene. The sequencing was poor as well. In the book he's preparing for battle when he's offed.

The show really isn't that gory. It's highly stylized. They do mostly cut-away editing where most of it is done off camera and implied.

https://youtu.be/FRlsVV3CS6U

You just argue to argue.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 03, 2012 6:47 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:You just argue to argue.

Not at all. I just don't consider that insanely gory. I don't know. Maybe just been desensitized from all terrible yet gory as fuck horror movies I use to watch. Or seeing real beheadings.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu May 03, 2012 6:55 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Not at all. I just don't consider that insanely gory. I don't know. Maybe just been desensitized from all terrible yet gory as fuck horror movies I use to watch. Or seeing real beheadings.

So then you see my point that in season one there were four or five upclose slit throats. Jory Cassel gets stabbed through the eye, a dog eats someones neck out, a splinter from a joust rips into a jugular (Which has no bearing on the story)and a midget bludgeons a guy with a shield to his face. After all that you're telling me that they didn't skimp on a major story line in the book that when Renly was getting ready for war the mysterious shadow baby slits his throat through his gorget spraying Brienne with blood implicating her to be the assassin of Renly which in turn puts her in the service of Catelyn. It was a major part of the book, the blood is what implicated her.

And I didn't say insanely gory. I said full of gore... which it is.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Budget reasons perhaps?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu May 03, 2012 9:30 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Budget reasons perhaps?

Doubt it. Just taking poetic license that I dont agree with.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 03, 2012 10:00 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

So then you see my point that in season one there were four or five upclose slit throats. Jory Cassel gets stabbed through the eye, a dog eats someones neck out, a splinter from a joust rips into a jugular (Which has no bearing on the story)and a midget bludgeons a guy with a shield to his face. After all that you're telling me that they didn't skimp on a major story line in the book that when Renly was getting ready for war the mysterious shadow baby slits his throat through his gorget spraying Brienne with blood implicating her to be the assassin of Renly which in turn puts her in the service of Catelyn. It was a major part of the book, the blood is what implicated her.

are they following the main story lines of the books? seems like most of the complaints are regarding details (most of them seem relatively minor).
Glad I didn't read the books for this before hand. When I do, i spend all my time comparing the two and most good books are almost always better than the movie or tv adaptation.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu May 03, 2012 11:16 pm

captainanddew wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

are they following the main story lines of the books? seems like most of the complaints are regarding details (most of them seem relatively minor).
Glad I didn't read the books for this before hand. When I do, i spend all my time comparing the two and most good books are almost always better than the movie or tv adaptation.

Like I said, I don't think they're being fair to some of the characters. I understand why they've made some major changes Arya was never Lord Tywin's cupbearer and Maergery was never this bold and outspoken, but the minor things that they've left out this season are more puzzling because they've added stuff like the Ros storyline which to me goes no where. There could never be a 10 episode season and totally follow the books. I get that. I just don't understand why some things are being done. The stuff that's added seems silly compared to the stuff they're leaving out.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 04, 2012 2:19 am

Well, I can see where it would annoy and confuse you if the changes don't make sense. Again, why I don't want to read the books because I'd be the same way. I just want to enjoy this adaption for what it is.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Renly being stabbed through the chest instead of having his throat slit really isn't a big deal, you're just nitpicking good sir.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

BTW they've started auditions for Daario.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri May 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Ali wrote:

Renly being stabbed through the chest instead of having his throat slit really isn't a big deal, you're just nitpicking good sir.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

BTW they've started auditions for Daario.

I disagree. Would have been far cooler. Also shows the danger of the shadow baby that it can cut through forged steel. It's not just me that feel that way.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 07, 2012 4:29 am

Best episode of the season so far!

The Hound goes medieval on some rapists' asses
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 07, 2012 11:31 am

GrantZilla wrote:Best episode of the season so far!

The Hound goes medieval on some rapists' asses

That was a good chapter from the book.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Great episode but we're reaching Butterfly Effect territory.

For those who haven't read the books I suggest avoiding them, you'll enjoy the show better not knowing what's going to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next